These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

ccp - why cant i shoot a flashy pod anymore?

First post
Author
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-04-27 14:09:56 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Put the tinfoil away - It wasn't just Goons benefitting. I saw many, many pods last night, and very few were getting popped - not Goons, not Goon victims.

This bug (if bug it be) benefits all parties equally.


Come on now, nice try and all lad, but we all know this is going to benefit Goons more than anyone else, and not just a little bit, but a lot.

Come on now.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#22 - 2012-04-27 14:10:06 UTC
Confirming, fix this bug ASAP.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#23 - 2012-04-27 14:15:52 UTC
Potrondal Morrison wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
I don't remember ever being allowed to shoot pods in highsec unless at war?

The change in Inferno was that pods show as criminals now, which was intended

Am I wrong?


yes, wrong, i podded someone in jita a few weeks ago, im in an npc corp so no wars, they were flashy red, i had no concord trouble.


Its since inferno escalation patch.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#24 - 2012-04-27 14:17:06 UTC
They changed the UI so that pods with GCC show up red on the overview even though you're not allowed to shoot them. They did it on purpose, it's in the patch notes.

It's the stupidest **** ever and they need to change it back.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#25 - 2012-04-27 14:19:42 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Put the tinfoil away - It wasn't just Goons benefitting. I saw many, many pods last night, and very few were getting popped - not Goons, not Goon victims.

This bug (if bug it be) benefits all parties equally.


Come on now, nice try and all lad, but we all know this is going to benefit Goons more than anyone else, and not just a little bit, but a lot.

Come on now.

You seriously believe that Goons would be letting pods excape in those numbers if popping them wouldn't have hurt their plans?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#26 - 2012-04-27 14:20:44 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
They changed the UI so that pods with GCC show up red on the overview even though you're not allowed to shoot them. They did it on purpose, it's in the patch notes.

It's the stupidest **** ever and they need to change it back.


CCP why ? this bring chaos only, change this worse change.
Tinfoil Dan
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-04-27 14:23:54 UTC
Emeos wrote:

Time to pull out the tinfoil hats!


Way ahead of you!
Potrondal Morrison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-04-27 14:24:50 UTC
Cloned S0ul wrote:
Potrondal Morrison wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
I don't remember ever being allowed to shoot pods in highsec unless at war?

The change in Inferno was that pods show as criminals now, which was intended

Am I wrong?


yes, wrong, i podded someone in jita a few weeks ago, im in an npc corp so no wars, they were flashy red, i had no concord trouble.


Its since inferno escalation patch.



i did this on 27/03/12 , wasn't the escalation patch just a few days ago?
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#29 - 2012-04-27 23:02:54 UTC
I see a lot red pods with bad sec status like -4.0 ss or -7.6ss in selected item window while i mark some red pod, but while i chek pilot details it show positive security status like 2.5 - 5.0 etc just WTF ?
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-04-27 23:04:46 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
GOONS OWN EVE, THEY GOT CCP TO IMPLEMENT THIS BUG TO COINCIDE WITH THEIR PLANS TO REDUCE THEIR ISK LOSS




there i said it.


Yes we totally planned to reduce our isk loss considering that the crux of our plan is suiciding with literally a trillion isk of tornados.

 Though All Men Do Despise Us

Xython
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-04-27 23:05:03 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
So the question is...now that this is a known bug...is what Goonswarm is doing considered exploiting?

Can't say it is really since they had this planned long before the bug came up but it is still very suspicious if you ask me.


No, there was already a thread on this, and it was confirmed it's a display bug due to TiDi and Highsec Defenses not syncing properly. In short, the red flashy pods aren't actually criminals when you are firing at them. The original bug was it wasn't letting you know and there were hundreds of people being popped by Concord on accident.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#32 - 2012-04-27 23:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
The timing is very suspicious. They just made changes to the aggression system in preparation of more changes in Inferno. its so suspicious that there would be a bug when CCP makes a major change.Roll

It was to be expected.


However, since it is a known bug... can we petition for ships back when we get Concorded from it, and have those who use this bug to get lols be banned for exploiting?
Mathias Hex
#33 - 2012-04-27 23:11:42 UTC
Somebody needs to pod them anyway and find out if you get concorded. Maybe it's just a glitch with the warning system?

I recall one night in a nightclub called the matrix, there I was... Mother of god there I am! Holy f**k.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-04-28 01:06:50 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
The timing is very suspicious. They just made changes to the aggression system in preparation of more changes in Inferno. its so suspicious that there would be a bug when CCP makes a major change.Roll

It was to be expected.


However, since it is a known bug... can we petition for ships back when we get Concorded from it, and have those who use this bug to get lols be banned for exploiting?

Agreed...if it is a bug and you lose your ship to it then you should be reimbursed.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

ToG
Pillowsoft
#35 - 2012-04-28 01:29:45 UTC
Mathias Hex wrote:
Somebody needs to pod them anyway and find out if you get concorded. Maybe it's just a glitch with the warning system?


You get concorded. I made most of my money in Jita trading and now my sec wont allow me to haul in 0.8s and above. By the time the petition gets seen to i'll have wasted 1/3rd of a months worth of game play.
Looks like Burn jita worked, I'll probably not be back
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-04-28 01:37:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Sigurd Sig Hansen
SMT008 wrote:
I don't know, this may have to do with the massive amount of TiDi, ships exploding, Concord and State Police spamming.

I mean, the greatest shitstorm of our time may have some concequences.


Ah you mean the month long Hulkageddon?

ToG wrote:
Mathias Hex wrote:
Somebody needs to pod them anyway and find out if you get concorded. Maybe it's just a glitch with the warning system?


You get concorded. I made most of my money in Jita trading and now my sec wont allow me to haul in 0.8s and above. By the time the petition gets seen to i'll have wasted 1/3rd of a months worth of game play.
Looks like Burn jita worked, I'll probably not be back



are you really quitting over that??

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

ToG
Pillowsoft
#37 - 2012-04-28 01:45:47 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:

are you really quitting over that??


For a while, If i can't make the money for a plex I'll need to pay real money, which however small I do not have at present. Game times due to expire very soon. It's less quitting eve and more leaving it for a few months.
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-04-28 01:47:03 UTC
I've been popping pods in Jita just fine. You do know the pod popping rules, right? Hint, if someone goes GCC and flashes red in JIta and his sec is -2.0 you cannot shoot his pod. I've seen quite a few people in Jita shooting red pods with positive sec because they are red.

Post a quick youtube video of the bug.
ToG
Pillowsoft
#39 - 2012-04-28 01:50:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ToG
Vaal Erit wrote:
I've been popping pods in Jita just fine. You do know the pod popping rules, right? Hint, if someone goes GCC and flashes red in JIta and his sec is -2.0 you cannot shoot his pod. I've seen quite a few people in Jita shooting red pods with positive sec because they are red.

Post a quick youtube video of the bug.


Not according to this

Quote:
This is a list of targets that you can shoot without getting a CONCORD response in high-sec (0.5+ security rating systems).

Attacking another player that is in your player corporation.
Attacking the property (wrecks etc) of another player in your player corporation.
Attacking a war target.
Attacking a player that is flashy red in your overview (if you are using the default overview settings)
Attacking a member of the opposing militia if you are part of Factional Warfare
Ganagati
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-04-28 02:15:55 UTC
lol folks are actually surprised there are devs who are goons or have goon friends, and might slip something in to help em out?

Man, some of you folks have a far more optimistic view of people than I do.

HTFU and accept that people will give and take any unfair advantage they think they can get away with.

.