These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Local: Intel Gathering

Author
Duramah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-04-23 08:50:47 UTC
Look at all them Null sec bears voting low straight off nuff said Smile
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-04-23 09:01:04 UTC
I wish the forums had local...
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-04-23 09:08:27 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:
Build an 'active' D-scan tool first, then turn off local.



Sounds reasonable to me, local was far to easy to rely on in 0.0
Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#24 - 2012-04-23 14:11:23 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:
Build an 'active' D-scan tool first, then turn off local.


So as long as you have a way to see who is there with no effort you are good? Straight

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-04-23 14:22:45 UTC
Tools for the hunted or Alliances controlling space.
Local.


Tools for the invaders
Local
In game Universe map with its wonderful information
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/
http://www.battleclinic.com/
and and and and

Just a quick look tells me removing local would not be a good idea right now.





Lanasak
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-04-23 14:33:00 UTC
threads about local should just be automatically locked on creation because they never lead anywhere
Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-04-23 14:38:05 UTC
snowshoes wrote:
It will never happen.

Maybe if there was a region or something without local.. like a region where you had to use scan probes for everything and there was no local, now that would be cool, I could support that.

Yeah but knowing CCP such an area would be a logistics nightmare and have an entrance that constantly moves.
Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-04-23 14:40:50 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Tools for the hunted or Alliances controlling space.
Local.


Tools for the invaders
Local
In game Universe map with its wonderful information
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/
http://www.battleclinic.com/
and and and and

Just a quick look tells me removing local would not be a good idea right now.






You're either ignorant or deceitful. Tons of stuff was left out of both lists.
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-04-23 14:45:59 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Use Scan Probes
Get Rid of Local Player List

nuff said.



Dont like local go to WH

nuff said

/thread

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#30 - 2012-04-23 14:47:57 UTC
Lord Dravius wrote:
Simetraz wrote:
Tools for the hunted or Alliances controlling space.
Local.


Tools for the invaders
Local
In game Universe map with its wonderful information
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/
http://www.battleclinic.com/
and and and and

Just a quick look tells me removing local would not be a good idea right now.






You're either ignorant or deceitful. Tons of stuff was left out of both lists.


^

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-04-23 14:50:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Lord Dravius wrote:

You're either ignorant or deceitful. Tons of stuff was left out of both lists.


I thought about using the word tons but then realized it was a weight measurement.

But at any rate you could of at least added to the list if you felt it was too biased in one direction.

Oh and "deceitful" I would NEVER imagine ANYONE in EVE being like that.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-04-23 14:51:31 UTC
Bootleg Jack wrote:
MadMuppet wrote:
Build an 'active' D-scan tool first, then turn off local.


So as long as you have a way to see who is there with no effort you are good? Straight


Being a w-space inhabitant and hammering the dscan button every 5 - 10 seconds, yeah, it needs re-working. I would support some automation here. Dscanning at 360 degrees and max range, there's nothing skillful about it. Anyone can do it. And unless you're paying attention to the results it's still very easy for someone to slip in, within someone's dscan range, and cloak before they notice you.

The person sitting there hammering dscan every 2 - 5 seconds can very easily....you know....after the hundredth press of that button...miss something that pops up momentarily. So, automation of dscan is not like having ever present local as intel. And so, I would support automating dscan with some limitations.

Don't ban me, bro!

Cpt Arareb
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-04-23 15:45:27 UTC
no more local damnitEvil
Previous page12