These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Pilgrim or what elser for low-sec plexes?

Author
Blachara
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-04-13 14:48:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Blachara
Hi,

I've just returned to play, and after some L4 missioning to get some money, I'd like to get back to exploration. First some info:

1. I got quite nice pure amarr combat toon (22kk sp, well skilled), so I can fly well almost all amarr ships.
2. I have 7kk+ SP in gunnery, good T2 drone skills, but pathetic missiles skills.
3. I'm familiar with low-sec and exploration but done mainly mag/radar sites.

Recenlty I've finished Recon IV, cause I wanted to use Pilgrim to run exploration sites. However, I'm not really sure which ship and with how much tank/dps should I use for low sec plexes. Last time I played I found 6/10 and droped it as I thought it would be suicidal in Arbitrator (which I used then to clear plexes).

I'd like to know if Pilgrim will handle those 4/10-6/10 well, cause it would be great to simply use one ship for scanning/sites/plexes. I'm also considering Harbinger.

As for my pilgrim stats (not very impressive, i know): 200 dps from Hammerheads II, 160 tank (rats specific), 38k effective hp, can go for 200+ tank but with less HP (17k).

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks in advance :)

edit: Of course I can consider any other amarr ship aswell ;) But not T3 please, I hate farming so I don't want to fly expensive ships ;)
churrros
afwewafe
#2 - 2012-04-13 15:06:42 UTC
Blachara wrote:
Hi,

I've just returned to play, and after some L4 missioning to get some money, I'd like to get back to exploration. First some info:

1. I got quite nice pure amarr combat toon (22kk sp, well skilled), so I can fly well almost all amarr ships.
2. I have 7kk+ SP in gunnery, good T2 drone skills, but pathetic missiles skills.
3. I'm familiar with low-sec and exploration but done mainly mag/radar sites.

Recenlty I've finished Recon IV, cause I wanted to use Pilgrim to run exploration sites. However, I'm not really sure which ship and with how much tank/dps should I use for low sec plexes. Last time I played I found 6/10 and droped it as I thought it would be suicidal in Arbitrator (which I used then to clear plexes).

I'd like to know if Pilgrim will handle those 4/10-6/10 well, cause it would be great to simply use one ship for scanning/sites/plexes. I'm also considering Harbinger.

As for my pilgrim stats (not very impressive, i know): 200 dps from Hammerheads II, 160 tank (rats specific), 38k effective hp, can go for 200+ tank but with less HP (17k).

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks in advance :)

edit: Of course I can consider any other amarr ship aswell ;) But not T3 please, I hate farming so I don't want to fly expensive ships ;)



Pilgrims are not suitable for DED low sec combat sites(maybe 4/10 is possible) partially of the low dps threshold and insufficient tank.

Especially 5/10 where you will get triple webbed in the last pocket while taking around 1000 dps.

However, due to slot layout, Pilgrims make an excellent non combat site exploration ship as you can fit codebreakers, analyzers, salvagers and all the good stuff without compromising anything.

Honestly, I don't consider amarr ships(even the Legion) efficient for low sec solo DED combat exploration, since T2, T3 ships have the resists suitable for tanking angels while doing laser(EM/Th) damage, but if you really have to fly an Amarr ship, legion is probably the only reasonable choice.

If you are willing to crosstrain, I would recommend training for the Ishtar, as it can field a mean tank against guristas and serps while maintaining a reasonable amount of dps.
Melina Lin
Universal Frog
#3 - 2012-04-13 15:10:27 UTC
Pilgrim is good for Mags, Radars and all 4/10. It can tank some of the 6/10 plexes but the anaemic DPS will not break the Overseer.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#4 - 2012-04-13 17:34:16 UTC
With some decent missile skills, the Sacrilege works quite well with a dualprop and web fit. Enough tank, speed, and just barely enough damage to take down some of the tougher rats.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#5 - 2012-04-13 18:14:42 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
With some decent missile skills, the Sacrilege works quite well with a dualprop and web fit. Enough tank, speed, and just barely enough damage to take down some of the tougher rats.


It might work. It would definitely be touch and go in the last room of the 5/10s because the web towers are out of HAM range, and knocking down overseers in 6/10s would be rough.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#6 - 2012-04-13 18:19:06 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
With some decent missile skills, the Sacrilege works quite well with a dualprop and web fit. Enough tank, speed, and just barely enough damage to take down some of the tougher rats.


It might work. It would definitely be touch and go in the last room of the 5/10s because the web towers are out of HAM range, and knocking down overseers in 6/10s would be rough.

If not, you can always bring a friend in a Thrasher to supplement the DPS the Sacrilege finds a hard time putting out. It's what I use the newbies in my corp for. Smile

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Tierius Fro
Coronado's Cross
#7 - 2012-04-13 18:44:01 UTC
I use a Pilgrim for low sec mag and radar sites. I recently worked a 4/10 with the Pilgrim, and it was work.

http://ridingevewormhole.blogspot.com/

namron 7
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-04-13 22:52:23 UTC
i fly a pilgrim in lowsec and ive done plenty of 6/10s

here is the deal. if you have to clear rooms before you get to the overseer then it will take time and always carry at least one gun on your boat to draw aggro.


The trick with overseers that no one seems to know or has not mentioned before is that once you get 65k away from them they stop repping quite as hard and you can break them with ease.

Then you bookmark. warp out wait for the plex to disappear which should not take longer than a few minutes and go back and collect your loot.


Thanks for the help

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#9 - 2012-04-13 23:42:08 UTC
namron 7 wrote:
The trick with overseers that no one seems to know or has not mentioned before is that once you get 65k away from them they stop repping quite as hard and you can break them with ease.


That's the only way I break them with a sentry rigged Ishtar What?. I'm still a little puzzled as to how five medium drones can do it alone.