These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

PLEX SKYROCKETING! Up 50 million in the past 24 hours!

Author
Valryon
Gankstop
#1 - 2012-04-11 20:49:35 UTC
Currently trading at 550million

http://imgur.com/cfWZf
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-04-11 21:03:10 UTC
I noticed slight increases last night. 550M already? Wow.

May have to consider buying one if it hits 600M.
Gatan Hahran
Brukterer
#3 - 2012-04-11 21:09:26 UTC
so it will crash down 100m to 450m when an angry american mob notice tomorrow that they dont only get empty roid belts but all 100 cards were handed to euro guys while they were working and they can sell their panic bought 20 PLEX each again.
Valryon
Gankstop
#4 - 2012-04-11 21:09:27 UTC
I think it might be related to the dev blog post today:
http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28595
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-04-11 21:14:28 UTC
Gatan Hahran wrote:
so it will crash down 100m to 450m when an angry american mob notice tomorrow that they dont only get empty roid belts but all 100 cards were handed to euro guys while they were working and they can sell their panic bought 20 PLEX each again.


You may be right, but I'll gamble that it will hit 600M before it (maybe) plummets. Purchasing now. Alt parked in Jita now.
Zelda Wei
New Horizon Trade Exchange
#6 - 2012-04-11 21:17:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Zelda Wei
There is not enough supply in Jita to fill the entire demand for 2000 PLEX leaving the market, the price will go much higher.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-04-11 21:24:29 UTC
Zelda Wei wrote:
There is not enough supply in Jita to fill the entire demand for 2000 PLEX leaving the market, the price will go much higher.


That's what I'm counting on.
Alain Kinsella
#8 - 2012-04-11 21:26:21 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
I noticed slight increases last night. 550M already? Wow.

May have to consider buying one if it hits 600M.


I've considered the same, but I'm still sitting on nearly 2 Bil NAV already and mostly use it up one Thrasher at a time. Should get a BPO for it really. Bear

"The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever."

Currently Retired / Semi-Casual (pending changes to RL concerns).

Aina Sasaki
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-04-11 21:27:48 UTC
Aww damn it. And my alt's account needs to refresh in ~5 days. Guess i'll just do the good ol 15$ if these prices remain at this level. :s

- Rei

mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#10 - 2012-04-11 21:29:58 UTC
Aina Sasaki wrote:
Aww damn it. And my alt's account needs to refresh in ~5 days. Guess i'll just do the good ol 15$ if these prices remain at this level. :s


Supply/demand at work Cool
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#11 - 2012-04-12 02:45:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Kara Books
This is bound to only Infuriate lower classes of players.

the prices have bin jumping from 580 to 510 back and fourth all day long.

I can see CCP's plan here, create a huge ISK sink and undo inflation in the long term, I really hope thats the plan!

100 cards, at 10B isk each, so, in theory do we have 1 trillion ISK going poof into oblivion?
If im right, that CCP has plans to curb inflation in such a way, then the logical next step, is.. everything is going to come crashing down, no matter how you look at it.

Its only a matter of time, 2 years 3 years before prices come back to normal?
Adunh Slavy
#12 - 2012-04-12 03:00:06 UTC
Kara Books wrote:

I can see CCP's plan here, create a huge ISK sink and undo inflation in the long term, I really hope thats the plan!



Only if CCP is selling the PLEX for ISK in-game. So far I don't see evidence of that unless they are doing it on the sly. Considering the likely negative reponse from the community, if that sort of thing were discovered, it is rather unlikely.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

VaMei
Meafi Corp
#13 - 2012-04-12 03:14:49 UTC  |  Edited by: VaMei
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Kara Books wrote:
I can see CCP's plan here, create a huge ISK sink and undo inflation in the long term, I really hope thats the plan!

Only if CCP is selling the PLEX for ISK in-game. So far I don't see evidence of that unless they are doing it on the sly. Considering the likely negative reponse from the community, if that sort of thing were discovered, it is rather unlikely.

If they were spawning plex to do it, I agree that it'd start yet another **** storm.
otoh, if they were slowly selling off plex confiscated from bot & RMT bannings... they might get away with it.

Semantics I know, but in PR semantics are everything.
Tsufuri
#14 - 2012-04-12 04:10:23 UTC
PLEX going up?
No problem. Rising my mineral prices.
enterprisePSI
#15 - 2012-04-12 05:03:06 UTC
These are the best days in my market career Big smile
Plex over 550 mil , check.
Hulks over 300mil , check.
trit and nocx doubled , check.

$_$

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psi©

Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-04-12 05:23:29 UTC
Just saw this juxtaposition:
Plex Prices About to Plummet?
Plex Skyrocketing! Up 50 million in 24 hours.

I think we can safely say that we don't know what Plex prices are going to do.
Wyke Mossari
Staner Industries
#17 - 2012-04-12 06:09:41 UTC
Kara Books wrote:


I can see CCP's plan here, create a huge ISK sink and undo inflation in the long term, I really hope thats the plan!

100 cards, at 10B isk each, so, in theory do we have 1 trillion ISK going poof into oblivion?


This is a PLEX sink, not an ISK sink which stays in the hands of players.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-04-12 06:36:05 UTC
its a small isk sink in the form of taxes... so many plex trading hands mean a few hundred mill isk has been eaten up i bet.
not to mention all the random stuff people have sold just to be able to buy the plex.
Moto Akimoto
Tengu and Cash
#19 - 2012-04-12 06:38:30 UTC
If a player is smart enough and has played Eve long enough to have accumulated the ISK to purchase 20 PLEX, wouldn't they also be smart enough to anticipate a PLEX price hike? Is it possible they already have the 20 PLEX (let's say as the news broke on March 24th)? And if so, who is left to buy at this new price?
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#20 - 2012-04-12 06:52:44 UTC
Moto Akimoto wrote:
If a player is smart enough and has played Eve long enough to have accumulated the ISK to purchase 20 PLEX, wouldn't they also be smart enough to anticipate a PLEX price hike?

You do not have to be smart to make 10b. That said, you do not have to be smart to anticipate a PLEX price hike either.
12Next page