These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: NVIDIA Video Card for PLEX Offer

First post
Author
Ve Elsuno
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-04-11 16:43:20 UTC
when I can use my ISK to go shopping or pay my rental bills?
Dragunov Vio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-04-11 16:43:28 UTC
1. Buy plex quickly
2. hold onto plex until prices hit high
3. ????
4.PROFIT!!
Katy Ling
Crimnson Concept Flame
#23 - 2012-04-11 16:45:24 UTC
Angel HUN wrote:
So can you post the Tech Specs of the card?


this sounds like a blind date :)
Angel HUN
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-04-11 16:46:36 UTC
Katy Ling wrote:
Angel HUN wrote:
So can you post the Tech Specs of the card?


this sounds like a blind date :)



Which makes me wary.
Locii
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2012-04-11 16:46:54 UTC
so your selling an out of date card, for the nearly the same price as the new gen one?

pro scamming ccp

WTS Carbon only 900m
Sarmatiko
#26 - 2012-04-11 16:51:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
CCP should sell PS3 for PLEX, because there is no reason for EVE player to buy this console with real money to play DUST Bear
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-04-11 16:54:13 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
CCP should sell PS3 for PLEX, because there is no reason for EVE player to buy this console with real money to play DUST Bear


THIS :D
None ofthe Above
#28 - 2012-04-11 16:54:59 UTC
Angel HUN wrote:
So can you post the Tech Specs of the card?


From what we saw at fanfest, it's a stock EVGA GTX 560.

So likely, this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130685

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-04-11 16:57:22 UTC
Buying a 150€ card for 270€ does not sound the smartest thing to do; but on the other hand if you have 10 billions isk you don't need at all (neither for paying your subscription in the future), and you have an old gfx card in your 'puter this offer looks good.

I think that CCP should clarify that these offers are convenient only for those who have a lot of cash ingame and don't know what to do with it.

ITSaSPY
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-04-11 16:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ITSaSPY
Let me just look at these numbers.

Currently the average price for these kinds of graphics cards (average GTX 560, EVGA version: 10 euro more than average) is about 150 euro at the closest store to my house.

20 plex is about (15x20) 300 euro.

So basicly if I use plex I would pay twice the money I would need when I'd pay using ... well, money.

I don't like the deal.
Bayushi Tamago
Sect of the Crimson Eisa
#31 - 2012-04-11 17:01:10 UTC
10b is a lot of isk for casual players, and anyone who plays by plex and only get to play to pay to play. So, while it's a cool idea, it's a little impractical. Maybe next time, have an offer that takes less plex? (And something that is cheaper RL, but harder to get a hold of).

Thanks for making it impossible to afford the game :)
Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-04-11 17:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Camios
People do some googling and arithmetic and find that it's not convenient to buy a gfx card with isk they need..

Do you understand that this offer is only convenient to those who have lots and lots of isk in their wallet, more than they think they'll ever need?

Moreover it's clear that CCP cannot sell an unlimited number of cards through this offer, otherwise it would turn this into a way to "cash out" to its customers, like sort of a poker website.

Seen the very limited convenience of the offer, the limited number and probably also internet law this offer is the best that CCP can yield. They should just put more emphasis on the fact that it's for "power players" only.
bucktooth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#33 - 2012-04-11 17:07:11 UTC
Either ive been to account management and i am a fool and cant find the redeem for new gfx card, or i didnt get home from work early enough...
Angel HUN
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-04-11 17:08:24 UTC
bucktooth wrote:
Either ive been to account management and i am a fool and cant find the redeem for new gfx card, or i didnt get home from work early enough...



Or you cannot read Dates.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#35 - 2012-04-11 17:09:28 UTC
ITSaSPY wrote:
Let me just look at these numbers.

Currently the average price for these kinds of graphics cards (average GTX 560, EVGA version: 10 euro more than average) is about 150 euro at the closest store to my house.

20 plex is about (15x20) 300 euro.

So basicly if I use plex I would pay twice the money I would need when I'd pay using ... well, money.

I don't like the deal.


the problem with this calculation is that nobody will buy 20 plex to purchase a graphics card. They have them already and you can' make them to money anyway... so this is a quite good offer actually.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

bucktooth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#36 - 2012-04-11 17:12:56 UTC
Angel HUN wrote:
bucktooth wrote:
Either ive been to account management and i am a fool and cant find the redeem for new gfx card, or i didnt get home from work early enough...



Or you cannot read Dates.



No word of a lie, my computer is showing 12/4/2012 lol
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#37 - 2012-04-11 17:17:05 UTC
bucktooth wrote:
Angel HUN wrote:
bucktooth wrote:
Either ive been to account management and i am a fool and cant find the redeem for new gfx card, or i didnt get home from work early enough...



Or you cannot read Dates.



No word of a lie, my computer is showing 12/4/2012 lol

I guess they meant eve time.
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-04-11 17:17:37 UTC  |  Edited by: EvilweaselFinance
Bienator II wrote:

the problem with this calculation is that nobody will buy 20 plex to purchase a graphics card. They have them already and you can' make them to money anyway... so this is a quite good offer actually.

yeah

gonna start calculating my net worth in video cards
gfldex
#39 - 2012-04-11 17:19:33 UTC
Well done. PLEX went up by 25M in 1 hours. Driving bitter vets out of the game is the way forward!

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Shinzann
Beast Cat Industries
#40 - 2012-04-11 17:20:11 UTC
Menzisu Uiru wrote:
And cue the plex price skyrocket.


It spiked to above 550M during the keynote for a few minutes in Jita