These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A question about Level 5 Missions....

Author
Masikari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-04-09 14:03:24 UTC
I've moved into Low-Sec to give L5 missions a try. Did my first one last night and it went well.

But the 4 agents I've visited are heavily tilted to giving racial missions. In my area, they are mostly Gallente with a few Minmatar. VERY occasionally I get the pirate factions, which is what I am after. As I'm mainly WH and a Merc, it's not wise for me to drop my standing with any of the four races.

My question is: are L5 missions engineered to give out mostly racial missions? Or is it just because I'm in/near a militia zone?

If so, fine. I will either stop doing L5's and go back to Incursions or regain standing by doing a few L4's to balance it back out. It was just an area of Eve I hadn't covered yet. But I really wanted to get away from HS a bit more.

TL;DR - do L5 missions mainly give out more racial missions than pirate?
Iteken Hotori
The Flowing Penguins
#2 - 2012-04-09 15:31:59 UTC
Short Answer: Yes
Masikari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-04-09 16:04:02 UTC
Right. Thanks Cool
marie claude
Space Underground
Silent Infinity
#4 - 2012-04-09 16:17:47 UTC
ccp broke lv 5 missions by moving them to low sec only curse them and all they do for taking even more fun out of the game.
Leetha Layne
#5 - 2012-04-09 16:36:29 UTC
marie claude wrote:
ccp broke lv 5 missions by moving them to low sec only curse them and all they do for taking even more fun out of the game.



This has nothing to do with the OP's question Ms Bear..
Fango Mango
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-04-09 18:24:24 UTC
Masikari wrote:
I've moved into Low-Sec to give L5 missions a try. Did my first one last night and it went well.

But the 4 agents I've visited are heavily tilted to giving racial missions. In my area, they are mostly Gallente with a few Minmatar. VERY occasionally I get the pirate factions, which is what I am after. As I'm mainly WH and a Merc, it's not wise for me to drop my standing with any of the four races.

My question is: are L5 missions engineered to give out mostly racial missions? Or is it just because I'm in/near a militia zone?

If so, fine. I will either stop doing L5's and go back to Incursions or regain standing by doing a few L4's to balance it back out. It was just an area of Eve I hadn't covered yet. But I really wanted to get away from HS a bit more.

TL;DR - do L5 missions mainly give out more racial missions than pirate?


There are a couple of things . . .
1) Agents only pull from a subset of missions. However in my experience, all agents for a given Faction pull from the same group of missions.
2) Drone/Pirate missions account for around 25-35% of the missions offered in my experience.
3) Random is random. Somedays you get all anti-faction, some days you get anti-pirate/drone. Most days you get both types.

-FM
Masikari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-04-09 23:58:04 UTC
Leetha Layne wrote:
marie claude wrote:
ccp broke lv 5 missions by moving them to low sec only curse them and all they do for taking even more fun out of the game.



This has nothing to do with the OP's question Ms Bear..


Yeah, I'm not worried about being in Low-Sec at all. And I'm not about to start the L5 in LS/HS debate Lol


Fango Mango wrote:

There are a couple of things . . .
1) Agents only pull from a subset of missions. However in my experience, all agents for a given Faction pull from the same group of missions.
2) Drone/Pirate missions account for around 25-35% of the missions offered in my experience.
3) Random is random. Somedays you get all anti-faction, some days you get anti-pirate/drone. Most days you get both types.

-FM


Even after running them for only a couple of days I'll already agree with you about the 25-35% Drone/Pirate missions. I'll have to just be patient and turn down the racial missions. I ran a Gallente today and already slipped below -4.5 X I have a Drone one to run tomorrow tho!

Many thanks
Jorma Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-04-10 00:33:37 UTC
As much fun as it may be, I'd prefer to have fun with the epic arcs as they make life very interesting. Although Amarr's arc is terribad for rewards and Minmatar arc has only one real reward which are slightly better than Sisters probes...

Good luck with those level 5s, though.
Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End
#9 - 2012-04-10 00:41:40 UTC
Yeah it has to do with the number of faction missions vs. the lack of pirate faction missions.

Sad days.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Fango Mango
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-04-10 01:09:49 UTC
Masikari wrote:


Even after running them for only a couple of days I'll already agree with you about the 25-35% Drone/Pirate missions. I'll have to just be patient and turn down the racial missions. I ran a Gallente today and already slipped below -4.5 X I have a Drone one to run tomorrow tho!

Many thanks



There is another alternative . . .
Train up an alt that can fly a talos. (this will take about 3 weeks to get up over 800 DPS).
Use that alt to kill the mission objective in the anti-faction mission.
This is how my group runs L5s without killing our Main's faction standing

-FM