These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Ihub Upgrade, Covert Sensor Array

Author
EthanPow
Drakeal Inc.
EurekaStarr Industries
#21 - 2011-09-27 03:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: EthanPow
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Colonial Burton wrote:
Good thinking there, but the insults weren't needed. All ideas start out as vanilla ideas and built up on through the forum.


Eh... you're right... sorry 'bout that. Frustration from seeing people regurgitate the same bad ideas over and over and over again simply because they're trying to turn Eve, and null especially, into a warm, fluffy safe place to play, like it isn't bad enough already. By the gods, people, it's null sec! It's supposed to be dangerous. Ratting is supposed to come with risk.

Also, people forget that this is exactly what the bot-runners wet dream is... being able to get the neuts out of local that make their bots dock up. You get rid of afk cloakers the way the OP wants, you're feeding into the bots coffers even more. However, you remove the cloaked from local, the bots lose their auto-dock edge and become better prey.


5 minutes is more enough time, to find and strike a ratter. this doesn't support bots as the a human can remain even with the risk involved.

I had a shuttle in hostile outpost space before and it took them ages (about 1 hour 15mins I believe) to get me and kill me. this was a shuttle. this makes active players can still be annoying as hell to pilots without a cloak... so why do we need afk cloakers?

so if you think about it it supports stopping people macro cloaking just to trying to counter bots... when this still allows a hunter to be still effective.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2011-09-27 04:41:39 UTC
EthanPow wrote:
Roosterton wrote:


-> Implying that all they do is troll? I'm sorry, but the fact that you created this thread in the first place proves yourself wrong. If they managed to annoy you enough to make a whiney thread like this, then clearly they did something beyond "trolling," such as causing your horribad alliance mates to dock up for weeks on end, or killing your officer fitted grindmobile.

And the fact that you were unable to counter my arguments in any way other than shouting "TROLL!" speaks volumes about your intelligence.


and the fact that you are sitting there cloaked just proves my point, now if your really there then this change will not effect you, but if your only using less braincells to AFK cloak just because you can is a poor excuse.

But Repeating the statement that I am whining doesn't make it more true, it only proves that you are only trying to stop something that would make you balanced.

now you can still remain in a system and camp it if you are active, this is to make AFK cloaking ineffective, warping around and still doing the same effect, if you don't want to risk yourself then why even play eve? because I see no risk for a cloaker that sits on their butts and wait there eating hamburgers in their pod.

now if you wish to continue fine, it just helps keeps this post open to people that would like this to happen.


How does it prove your point? It doesn't have anything to do with whether or whether not the mechanic is a problem that needs to be fixed, and it has nothing to do with whether I'm trolling. (Unless it's now possible to troll without doing anything?)

You can still camp it, yes, but you'll no longer get idiot carebears going "Hmm, he's AFK, I should run sites," who then get ganked, and that's a part of the game - if they're AFK, you get away with it, if they're not, you die, and that's why you should stick together when there's an AFK person in local. What you're asking for is effectively a "TELL ME IS IT SAFE TO GO RATTING" button.

You know what else I don't see any risk in? Carebears sitting docked in a station because there's a chat name in local. Give us a weapon to blow up stations, and we'll see about giving you a weapon to locate cloakers.

You have yet to produce a viable reason as to why AFK cloaking is a problem, and why it needs to be fixed/countered.
Di Mulle
#23 - 2011-09-27 10:34:49 UTC
EthanPow wrote:

I find it that being any better is sitting in a ship cloaked in a system only to waste server resources.


As a side note I find your confidence that your wasting of server resources is somehow better than others somehow... funny.
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
epsilonion
CLOVEN SKY
#24 - 2011-09-27 10:38:27 UTC
EthanPow wrote:
Each Day, there are reds running around everybody system, mostly cloaked, watching their system making it possible to do anything without causing much hardship... there is no real counter for Cloaking. The Covert Sensor Array is a upgrade that costs 15mil a day to operate which will limit were they be deployed.

I am Suggesting:
-IHub Upgrade "Covert Sensor Array"
-- Upgrade Costs 15min a Day,
-- Allows a Pos Module to Scan the system for counter AFK cloakers (Uses CPU)
--- All Cloaking Devices are limited to 5 mins of being online and 1 mins of cooldown before the cloak can be reactivated. this is placed to limit marcos and bots form keeping AFK cloakers alive... forcing Human interaction to be "morale" the system. giving a chance to be Caught.



Like the idea, cloaky fags shut down systems all the time and since they are about to improve 0.0 industry and mining in the proposed next patch this would be a welcome adition..

after all whats the point in having 0.0 industry if you have to freighter in all the minerals... cos you can not rat/mine in your own systems...

p.s. sure i have seen this idea b4...

[u]Boom you went BOOM!![/u]

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#25 - 2011-09-27 10:47:35 UTC
Cloaks are fine, no need for a nerf.

Read older threads for the same topic, everything has been discussed already.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2011-09-27 14:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Roosterton
epsilonion wrote:
EthanPow wrote:
Each Day, there are reds running around everybody system, mostly cloaked, watching their system making it possible to do anything without causing much hardship... there is no real counter for Cloaking. The Covert Sensor Array is a upgrade that costs 15mil a day to operate which will limit were they be deployed.

I am Suggesting:
-IHub Upgrade "Covert Sensor Array"
-- Upgrade Costs 15min a Day,
-- Allows a Pos Module to Scan the system for counter AFK cloakers (Uses CPU)
--- All Cloaking Devices are limited to 5 mins of being online and 1 mins of cooldown before the cloak can be reactivated. this is placed to limit marcos and bots form keeping AFK cloakers alive... forcing Human interaction to be "morale" the system. giving a chance to be Caught.



Like the idea, cloaky fags shut down systems all the time and since they are about to improve 0.0 industry and mining in the proposed next patch this would be a welcome adition..

after all whats the point in having 0.0 industry if you have to freighter in all the minerals... cos you can not rat/mine in your own systems...

p.s. sure i have seen this idea b4...


But you CAN rat in your own systems... Unless the cloaker is physically sitting inside a sanctum/haven to stop it from respawning, you are able to do whatever the hell you want. It's your own fault if your entire alliance is too scared to go play the game how you want, just because there is a name in a chat list. You can have someone fly a bait ship and kill the cloaker if he attacks. You can do your ratting in a group of PVP ships and have a fun fight if he attacks.

It's the fault of your alliance if you are unwilling to do anything that isn't 100% maximized isk/hr... Just shows how much of a terrible player you are.

And tsk, OP should have posted this thread on an alt. Now every AFK cloaker who reads this is going to see a flashing, "WE'RE TERRIBLE, AFK CLOAK IN OUR SYSTEM" sign.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-09-28 01:52:09 UTC
I don't think this is a good idea, because there are other ways to nullify afk cloakers very effectively...

1) Install a Cyno jammer instead
2) post afk cloaked scouters in ajoining systems to monitor neuts/reds
3) keep your local intel channel open

A bit of team work for upkeep of the cyno jammer and early warning scouts is all thats needed.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#28 - 2011-09-28 04:04:50 UTC
EthanPow wrote:
Each Day, there are reds running around everybody system, mostly cloaked, watching their system making it possible to do anything without causing much hardship... there is no real counter for Cloaking. The Covert Sensor Array is a upgrade that costs 15mil a day to operate which will limit were they be deployed.

I am Suggesting:
-IHub Upgrade "Covert Sensor Array"
-- Upgrade Costs 15min a Day,
-- Allows a Pos Module to Scan the system for counter AFK cloakers (Uses CPU)
--- All Cloaking Devices are limited to 5 mins of being online and 1 mins of cooldown before the cloak can be reactivated. this is placed to limit marcos and bots form keeping AFK cloakers alive... forcing Human interaction to be "morale" the system. giving a chance to be Caught.



AFK. really? No this old idea is stupid. Cloakers have a "chance to get caught" already. I have lost cloaked vessels to smart players. This afk thing is just an excuse again to nerf all cloaking.. and stop any thing even blockade runners at a gate.. You know well that you don't give a crap about botters cloaked or even afkers.. you just want to expose even the legitamate users of cloaking without having to do the work to declock, trick, or trap them. And I personally believe that any module that gives system wide effect on ships is grossly overpowered.

You want to stop "AFK Cloaking" (which again I believe you don't actually care about) let's remove all the cloaked from local so you can tell the absentee cloakers are there.. that way they have no impact on the game.

  - remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Colonial Burton
Spaalonebabuguuscooties
#29 - 2011-11-03 15:47:43 UTC
This idea isn't old, or stupid, or out to nerf all cloaking.

If the player is actually there, he'll see the cloak deactivate and reactivate it.

If he's AFK, then he can be scanned down and killed.

After all, it is SOV. There should be things like this in place. Besides, I've baited a number of cloakers in the past myself, it gets very time consuming and boring if they're not at the keyboard. So why should everyone have to waste their time 'baiting' a person who just logs in then goes to work for the rest of the day?
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#30 - 2011-11-03 16:19:03 UTC
EthanPow wrote:
forcing Human interaction to be "morale" the system. giving a chance to be Caught.

being afk in game is a regular state, nothing wrong with that.

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#31 - 2011-11-03 18:01:55 UTC
Headerman wrote:
I don't think this is a good idea, because there are other ways to nullify afk cloakers very effectively...

1) Install a Cyno jammer instead
2) post afk cloaked scouters in ajoining systems to monitor neuts/reds
3) keep your local intel channel open

A bit of team work for upkeep of the cyno jammer and early warning scouts is all thats needed.



I think you have spotted the problem.... the OP does not want a solution that involves 'Work'. He wants the game mechanics changed so suit his lazy butt.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Previous page12