These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The solution to hiding from war in NPC corps? You decide.

Author
Minabunny
Bogus Brothers Corporation
#21 - 2012-04-03 14:11:54 UTC
Never happen.
Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-04-03 14:18:59 UTC
http://tentonhammer.com/eve-online/interviews/ccp-soundwave/inferno-part-two

Spoke of it here yet stated nothing definitive or really looking into do anything about it yet.
Romar Agent
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-04-03 14:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Romar Agent
There are those who in the contrary would like to be able to join other NPC-Corporation except the starting and bloodline default corps.

I'm playing the game from a roleplaying perspective and would be mightily pissed if I would be forced into some strange default player corporation, thus ruining my storyline. When the day comes I will open my own player corporation, and when I get wardecced I will not leave it, but either bore my enemies to death, taunt them, or bloody their nose...

Please do not use the same broad brush for the whole playership - people are playing this game for different reasons.

Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
... And you should probably have a limit to how long you can sit in the starter corp.
And then what? You gain Corporation Management 1 on the spot and are transfered into a randomly named single-player corp?
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#24 - 2012-04-03 14:29:20 UTC
Romar Agent wrote:
There are those who in the contrary would like to be able to join other NPC-Corporation except the starting and bloodline default corps.

I'm playing the game from a roleplaying perspective and would be mightily pissed if I would be forced into some strange default player corporation, thus ruining my storyline. When the day comes I will open my own player corporation, and when I get wardecced I will not leave it, but either bore my enemies to death, taunt them, or bloody their nose...

Please do not use the same broad brush for the whole playership - people are playing this game for different reasons.


Yup.

Those who follow an inalterable mindset are doomed to failure.

History and sidewalks are littered with them.

***

THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#25 - 2012-04-03 14:35:08 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
faceless jabber.



Shut up faceless.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#26 - 2012-04-03 14:40:49 UTC
My Neutral Toon wrote:
Part of the story line of eve is that most of the NPC corps have been at peace for the last several years.



Stories changed from time to time. That's how we got FW after all.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Castricide
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-04-03 15:20:33 UTC
Kattshiro wrote:
After a certain amount of SP earned or isk gained you tax rate goes to 35%.

Your tax dollars pay for safety.



This is kind of what I was thinking. It would be more of an incentive to get people out of NPC corps in general. After a certain "grace" period for new players (say a month) the tax rate goes up. Or the tax rate increases the longer you stay in an NPC corp, like 5% for every month you stay.
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#28 - 2012-04-03 15:21:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
Castricide wrote:
Kattshiro wrote:
After a certain amount of SP earned or isk gained you tax rate goes to 35%.

Your tax dollars pay for safety.



This is kind of what I was thinking. It would be more of an incentive to get people out of NPC corps in general.


You sure do like the idea of controlling people and behavior modification. You might wanna run that by a therapist.

***

Castricide
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-04-03 15:25:42 UTC
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor wrote:
Castricide wrote:
Kattshiro wrote:
After a certain amount of SP earned or isk gained you tax rate goes to 35%.

Your tax dollars pay for safety.



This is kind of what I was thinking. It would be more of an incentive to get people out of NPC corps in general.


You sure do like the idea of controlling people and behavior modification. You might wanna run that by a therapist.



I already did. He said I would make a great therapist.
5n4keyes
Sacred Templars
#30 - 2012-04-03 15:26:03 UTC
Up NPC corp tax to 50%, watch as lots of new corps are created, smile and war dec.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#31 - 2012-04-03 15:32:57 UTC  |  Edited by: THE L0CK
5n4keyes wrote:
Up NPC corp tax to 50%, watch as lots of new corps are created, smile and war dec.



I like the idea more of faction oriented npc corps constantly being dec'd to each other. Same result, more lulz. Plus all of us npc's will see that hiding in a small corp is actually not as bad as the horror stories tell.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Romar Agent
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-04-03 15:39:42 UTC
THE L0CK wrote:
I like the idea more of faction oriented npc corps constantly being dec'd to each other. Same result, more lulz. Plus all of us npc's will see that hiding in a small corp is actually not as bad as the horror stories tell.

You may find that this is already implemented - search for Factional Warfare.
Hroya
#33 - 2012-04-03 15:42:49 UTC
I think half of null sec would be against making npc corps vulnerable.

You go your corridor but.

Doddy
Excidium.
#34 - 2012-04-03 15:45:13 UTC
Xander Riggs wrote:

This is Eve online. If you're not willing to fight for what you have, including your right to exist, you're in the wrong game. Don't bring a feather duster to a knife fight.


Holy Irony overload batman. Which broken mechanic is eve uni using for war protection these days?
Black Dranzer
#35 - 2012-04-03 15:46:33 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
I'm thinking all NPC corps in EVE except the starter corps should have wars with other corps in EVE, and players in one NPC corp could shoot war targets from another hostile NPC corp freely in empire space. And you should probably have a limit to how long you can sit in the starter corp.

Why?
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#36 - 2012-04-03 15:51:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
Black Dranzer wrote:
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
And you should probably have a limit to how long you can sit in the starter corp.

Why?


He's just trying to be a Napoleonic ______ (former leader of the German People with a last name beginning with an "H"). Big smile

***

THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#37 - 2012-04-03 15:51:22 UTC
Romar Agent wrote:
THE L0CK wrote:
I like the idea more of faction oriented npc corps constantly being dec'd to each other. Same result, more lulz. Plus all of us npc's will see that hiding in a small corp is actually not as bad as the horror stories tell.

You may find that this is already implemented - search for Factional Warfare.



FW allows standard corps and players with high standings to fight for each faction, I'm just talking about npc corp on npc corp. Corporate warfare, the next level.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Plyn
Uncharted.
#38 - 2012-04-03 15:52:56 UTC
I don't support forcing NPC corps into wardecs against other players, but I do support them being KOS in the enemy SOV space. People flying for Aliastra should not be welcome in Amarr or Caldari space. People flying for Ishukone should not be welcome in Gallente or Minmatar space. It just doesn't make sense lore-wise that the entities are at war but allow citizens of the other side to coast through their space. They could be gathering intel, or smuggling supplies to the enemy

People cite an 11% tax as being the 'fair' tradeoff for being in the NPC corps and being undeccable, however you'll find that often player corps are forced to charge a pretty good amount of tax as well (perhaps lower, but not by much) to keep their operations running. Any corp that doesn't has some dedicated players pumping the corp wallet from their own income. 11% tax really just isn't enough of a downside to complete war amnesty and being able to autopilot freighters between warring empires

As an alternative, I'd be completely fine if NPC corps stayed the same but there was no way to get from one empire to another without passing through at least one lowsec system.
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#39 - 2012-04-03 15:54:36 UTC
THE L0CK wrote:


FW allows standard corps and players with high standings to fight for each faction, I'm just talking about npc corp on npc corp. Corporate warfare, the next level.


They will smack-down Quafe Corp, that's for sure !! And show 'em what it's all about.P

***

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#40 - 2012-04-03 15:55:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Personally I would like to see some form of conflict or competition between certain NPC corps, after all many of them are direct competitors with each other (even within the same faction).

I realize this thread is focusing mainly of forcing people in NPC corps into combat, but that's not really what I'm talking about. Instead I'd like to see members of these corps have the option to engage in corporate espionage or sabatoge, or perhaps just have tools in place to wage economic warfare against members of competing corps.

Perhaps this should be considered for future WIS content, as well as keeping in mind for any expansion of the current industry or marketing mechanics. Intra NPC corp competition could become a compelling, possibly even cut throat part of the EVE content landscape.

News articles and back story (as well as flavor text in traditional missions) is full of insinuation that the (NPC) corporate landscape is a ruthless place. Perhaps it's time to consider making that happen.

As has often been pointed out by players (myself included) when describing EVE as a PVP centric game, PVP can take many forms in EVE.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.