These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

inferno expansion - april fools nothing to see here

First post First post
Author
Callic Veratar
#81 - 2012-04-01 18:12:00 UTC
Dante KamiyaX wrote:
O_o most of the stuff done in that video is un-fake-able unless they hacked the programing of the client and broke a million copy right infringment laws. I call BS... whats really happening here is a April fools joke within itself. Roll But if that was all just a lie then CCP has a lot of work to do, to deliver all those changes to Inferno unless they want more people quitting just like what happened in Incarna. CCP can not fail to deliver because we believe in CCP!


If by "un-fake-able" you mean difficult but not impossible with the right skills, then I agree.
Irisa Selenia
Doomheim
#82 - 2012-04-01 18:24:45 UTC
So this is a joke and Inferno will be ****?

Really CCP give that screensaver!
Revolution Rising
Last-Light Holdings
#83 - 2012-04-01 18:39:14 UTC
Quote:
Sort chat channel by standings


OMG this better include local.

.

Sunji Togenada
Doomheim
#84 - 2012-04-01 19:02:35 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
For anyone who hasn't already figured this out, this video is a fake


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
Jade Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#85 - 2012-04-01 19:13:17 UTC
Does no one see the date?
Xenuria
#86 - 2012-04-01 19:21:10 UTC
Jade Scytale wrote:
Does no one see the date?


I know this is an obvious troll.
Dante KamiyaX
STARK INDUSTRIES.INCX
#87 - 2012-04-01 19:28:49 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
Dante KamiyaX wrote:
O_o most of the stuff done in that video is un-fake-able unless they hacked the programing of the client and broke a million copy right infringment laws. I call BS... whats really happening here is a April fools joke within itself. Roll But if that was all just a lie then CCP has a lot of work to do, to deliver all those changes to Inferno unless they want more people quitting just like what happened in Incarna. CCP can not fail to deliver because we believe in CCP!


If by "un-fake-able" you mean difficult but not impossible with the right skills, then I agree.


And illegal to rework code like that inside the game. This is not just some fancy photoshoping. There is actual code being messed with in that video. Its only possible if reprogramming is being done.
Deise Koraka
Caldari Investigations and Forensics
#88 - 2012-04-01 19:37:57 UTC
This might be a case of a joke turning out to be something that should actually be given a serious look at by CCP.

Those UI options....


Idea


I am a carebear, and I support High Sec ganking and PvP. Just please, don't blow up my Hulk*. **<3 **

*Mackinaw as of Inferno 1.2

Indalecia
#89 - 2012-04-01 19:44:47 UTC
Too sad. It *did* look WAY too good to be true.

https://o.smium.org/ — v0.13.5 — A browser-based fitting tool and loadout sharing platform

Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-04-01 19:58:43 UTC
Do anyone know what songs are used in the video?
Tiberius Amzadee
The Night Stalker Syndicate
#91 - 2012-04-01 19:59:28 UTC
Why is a game seems to have the beginnings of starting to be better then a operating system. EVE-OS? lolLol
eidenjunior
Perkone
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-04-01 20:01:49 UTC
Draconus Lofwyr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2012-04-01 20:04:31 UTC
can we possibly get that ship flyby screensaver as a standalone? I would love to have that as a screensaver all the time with the option of selecting the ships to be included. Even when i'm not in game.
Hroya
#94 - 2012-04-01 20:40:27 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
For anyone who hasn't already figured this out, this video is a fake that was posted quite a while ago. There is no such Test Server as Duplicity (Duplicity in itself means "Deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech." - the first clue). CCP has no connection to this "April Fools'" rehash of the video. If you enjoyed a particular feature in the video, or have any other "little thing" you would like to see improved on, CCP Soundwave would undoubtedly appreciate your feedback on his "Little Things" thread located here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33928




The location was Jita, more info on the validity isnt needed Big smile

You go your corridor but.

Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2012-04-01 21:07:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jas Dor
NVM - Sigh you know when you blue a post like this your risk the gaming press picking up on it.
Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2012-04-01 22:19:22 UTC
CURSE YOU CCP!!!

How can make excuses to quit eve if you keep making it better!!!!


The addiction is becoming harder to fight!!!!

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-04-01 22:25:35 UTC
bah fell for it.....

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

cerbus
Carpe Noctem.
#98 - 2012-04-01 22:39:15 UTC  |  Edited by: cerbus
Dante KamiyaX wrote:
Callic Veratar wrote:
Dante KamiyaX wrote:
O_o most of the stuff done in that video is un-fake-able unless they hacked the programing of the client and broke a million copy right infringment laws. I call BS... whats really happening here is a April fools joke within itself. Roll But if that was all just a lie then CCP has a lot of work to do, to deliver all those changes to Inferno unless they want more people quitting just like what happened in Incarna. CCP can not fail to deliver because we believe in CCP!


If by "un-fake-able" you mean difficult but not impossible with the right skills, then I agree.


And illegal to rework code like that inside the game. This is not just some fancy photoshoping. There is actual code being messed with in that video. Its only possible if reprogramming is being done.


:)

This character is no longer affiliated with the Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Liam Mirren
#99 - 2012-04-01 22:52:51 UTC
This thread is full of win, well done T.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2012-04-02 12:00:21 UTC
t'Amber delivers once again.