These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP launches investigation... - Updated!!!

Author
Cyclar
Rustbucket Industries
#261 - 2012-03-26 22:53:42 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Cyclar wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Cyclar wrote:
Ladie Harlot, you are not very good at damage control. Maybe Mittani should put a leash on you before this completely spins out control.


We aren't being damaged so there's no need for damage control.


Well, you couldn't be more wrong. But I guess you'll wake up soon enough.


Hi


Hi
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#262 - 2012-03-26 22:53:50 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Serge Bastana wrote:


He still acted wrongly by inviting other players to contact him and further harass. He could have left it at a joke by not doing this and it would have been amusing, tears usually are. By giving others the means to continue the ridicule he made a bad decision. What happens is up to CCP but it does look bad for them now unfortunately.


Anyone who did not see this as a joke and have started to actually spam this guy deserve to be banned for stupidity.


Definitely, but it could have been avoided, he is supposed to be a representative of the player base after all, showing the mail would have been a good joke had the character's details been sanitized. He was drunk, making a joke in front of a load of players, laughing at the supposed tears of someone who had been ganked, fine. The incitement wasn't required.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#263 - 2012-03-26 23:02:00 UTC
I wonder how many blood vessels professor alpha will pop when nothing comes of this
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#264 - 2012-03-26 23:04:10 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Serge Bastana wrote:



Definitely, but it could have been avoided, he is supposed to be a representative of the player base after all, showing the mail would have been a good joke had the character's details been sanitized. He was drunk, making a joke in front of a load of players, laughing at the supposed tears of someone who had been ganked, fine. The incitement wasn't required.


Bad joke. Its nothing more. See them all the time on alliance forums everywhere.
Alexandra Alt
Doomheim
#265 - 2012-03-26 23:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexandra Alt
So let me see, I'm e-famous, then I present a panel over pixels and I take advantage of my position to bash someone I don't like and while I'm at it, I use that influence to have more people bash him, because considering the amount of brainless aholes all goonsquad is they won't really have an opinion about it and chances are many others not in goons yet are the same.

IMO more importantly than harassing a troubled player (regardless if he is or not) in which personally, I think some blame should be imputable to the harasser in case something serious actually happens, is the fact that this particular person is taking advantage of a priviledged position to exercise his particular vendetta against a particular player who may have pissed him off in a day he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Way to go to behave as a CSM.

I used to agree with a consensus that regardless of how mentally troubled you are, you did quite good to EvE this last months, and because of that, several crap was just plain out dismissed by myself, but after this, sir, you lost all my respect, not that it matters much to you since you have your faithfull gang of mindless robots to feed your ego constantly.

Best regards.

ps: Forum states no naming and shaming, I would have thought the similar would apply to public panels which aren't quite different than a public forum, specially considering the event in which they were presented in, seems there's 2 weights and 2 measures.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#266 - 2012-03-26 23:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Serge Bastana wrote:
Definitely, but it could have been avoided, he is supposed to be a representative of the player base after all


You are wrong, he's not the representative of the player base, just 10, 058. I voted for Meissa.

Edit because I can: Ho, and I could care less about drunken guy stories or mentally disturbed ones in a game where I pay to have fun breaking your face and burning everything you own. Cry me a river of fresh tears, mu cup is empty.
Captain Shikaka
Evil Operations
#267 - 2012-03-26 23:20:57 UTC
Everyone is discussing the wrong thing here. We should talk about the investigation. The right thing to do is for CCP to contact this person and just check. If he dead, Mittani should be banned, if he alive and kicking it like a boss!! Eve online forev....Mittani Online Forever!
Eko'mo
Eko Research Institute
#268 - 2012-03-26 23:24:12 UTC
Orkasm wrote:
~ 10,058 ~ People are not disgusted.


I like when people post this figure.

I also like when people then boast how many times they voted with alts.

http://ekolikecrayons.wordpress.com/about/

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#269 - 2012-03-26 23:25:07 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Serge Bastana wrote:
Definitely, but it could have been avoided, he is supposed to be a representative of the player base after all


You are wrong, he's not the representative of the player base, just 10, 058. I voted for Meissa.



He and the other CSMs are representatives of the player base. Does not matter how many votes they got, they got voted in.
Valkyria Caeli
Doomheim
#270 - 2012-03-26 23:25:28 UTC
Yeah, coming off the nightmare public relations joyride of last summer. All the mea culpa from ccp. Canning 20% of their workforce. Completely reexamining and reworking their development focus to win back the hearts and minds of their playerbase. Carefully rebuilding their image and for the first time at a fanfest quietly not mentioning the growth of the company or the game because for the first time it hasn't. Not the best year for CCP.

And now thanks to Mittens and his mouth they have a whole new public relations disaster to deal with. And considering the way the media and the public here in the US has taken to the topic of cyberbullying (yes, it has its own word now) in recent years, this is a story that has much greater potential to find its way outside of MMO gaming circles. Yeah, I am sure the suits at CCP are going to be thanking Mittens for giving them something new to deal with this year.

Cyclar
Rustbucket Industries
#271 - 2012-03-26 23:25:38 UTC
Alexandra Alt wrote:
So let me see, I'm e-famous, then I present a panel over pixels and I take advantage of my position to bash someone I don't like and while I'm at it, I use that influence to have more people bash him, because considering the amount of brainless aholes all goonsquad is they won't really have an opinion about it and chances are many others not in goons yet are the same.

IMO more importantly than harassing a troubled player (regardless if he is or not) in which personally, I think some blame should be imputable to the harasser in case something serious actually happens, is the fact that this particular person is taking advantage of a priviledged position to exercise his particular vendetta against a particular player who may have pissed him off in a day he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Way to go to behave as a CSM.

I used to agree with a consensus that regardless of how mentally troubled you are, you did quite good to EvE this last months, and because of that, several crap was just plain out dismissed by myself, but after this, sir, you lost all my respect, not that it matters much to you since you have your faithfull gang of mindless robots to feed your ego constantly.

Best regards.

ps: Forum states no naming and shaming, I would have thought the similar would apply to public panels which aren't quite different than a public forum, specially considering the event in which they were presented in, seems there's 2 weights and 2 measures.


I couldn't agree more. A CSM chair using his access to a CCP endorsed public platform to bash named characters in EVE is just plain wrong, suicide threats or not.
xPredat0rz
Grey Templars
The Initiative.
#272 - 2012-03-26 23:26:59 UTC
Eko'mo wrote:
Orkasm wrote:
~ 10,058 ~ People are not disgusted.


I like when people post this figure.

I also like when people then boast how many times they voted with alts.



welcome to eve online where alts are encouraged. And honestly if they made us go down to 1 account per player i would quit. I have accounts that do almost every aspect of this game and losing all but 1 wouldnt be worth continuing to play.


As a side note i didnt vote with any of my 9 accounts
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#273 - 2012-03-26 23:29:54 UTC
Cyclar wrote:
Alexandra Alt wrote:
So let me see, I'm e-famous, then I present a panel over pixels and I take advantage of my position to bash someone I don't like and while I'm at it, I use that influence to have more people bash him, because considering the amount of brainless aholes all goonsquad is they won't really have an opinion about it and chances are many others not in goons yet are the same.

IMO more importantly than harassing a troubled player (regardless if he is or not) in which personally, I think some blame should be imputable to the harasser in case something serious actually happens, is the fact that this particular person is taking advantage of a priviledged position to exercise his particular vendetta against a particular player who may have pissed him off in a day he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Way to go to behave as a CSM.

I used to agree with a consensus that regardless of how mentally troubled you are, you did quite good to EvE this last months, and because of that, several crap was just plain out dismissed by myself, but after this, sir, you lost all my respect, not that it matters much to you since you have your faithfull gang of mindless robots to feed your ego constantly.

Best regards.

ps: Forum states no naming and shaming, I would have thought the similar would apply to public panels which aren't quite different than a public forum, specially considering the event in which they were presented in, seems there's 2 weights and 2 measures.


I couldn't agree more. A CSM chair using his access to a CCP endorsed public platform to bash named characters in EVE is just plain wrong, suicide threats or not.

Not sure what people don't seem to get about this, but there's an awful lot of people defending him. I guess that's the whole cult of personality thing.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#274 - 2012-03-26 23:32:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Captain Shikaka wrote:
Everyone is discussing the wrong thing here. We should talk about the investigation. The right thing to do is for CCP to contact this person and just check. If he dead, Mittani should be banned, if he alive and kicking it like a boss!! Eve online forev....Mittani Online Forever!

People already did. He had no idea what the fuss was about.

Cyclar wrote:
I couldn't agree more. A CSM chair using his access to a CCP endorsed public platform to bash named characters in EVE is just plain wrong, suicide threats or not.
…which is not what happened anyway. vOv
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#275 - 2012-03-26 23:33:00 UTC
By February Deklein will completely burn....ho w8, hem, in witch year this is supposed to happen?
I was ready, I got a ton crap of ships to go there and kill stuff, burn everything but then, nothing?

Instead those are playing pussies games in forums. Nice stuff.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#276 - 2012-03-26 23:34:37 UTC
I'm on the fence with this.

Yes the comments made were rather pathetic. But the person needs serious help.


In the end, CCP will do what they deem necessary, regardless of player opinion.
Riddick Liddell
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#277 - 2012-03-26 23:38:22 UTC
15 pages of old women gossiping about Mittani Kardashian.

The really do need to get more people in Null sec. You guys are in serious decline.
Liam Mirren
#278 - 2012-03-26 23:39:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Liam Mirren
There very much should be a difference between being ingame "aholes" (nothing wrong with that) and doing so IRL, especially when it comes to stuff like this. It's simply unacceptable behaviour and people have been banned for less (vague RL death threats). In this case CCP should send a clear message that some boundaries are not to be crossed regardless of whom it might be and actually, by not taking proper care of this situation CCP effectively shows favouritism.

I'm no Goon fan but as the same time I'm no sperg either, but this is out of bounds and requires a firm reaction from CCP.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Llyona
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#279 - 2012-03-27 00:07:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
And you are missing the fact that nothing in the alliance panel should be taken seriously.


I'm not really leaning one way or another on this whole fiasco.

I think it should be known though that if this person really does exist and has any real suicidal intentions, Mittens should be doing what it takes to ensure that this person doesn't actually commit suicide. If that happens, Mittens will find himself in front of a middle aged, video game hating, "cyber bullying" bandwagon jury that won't care about his "freedom of speech".

They won't care about EVE being a game of scamming, pirating and general hooligan behavior and they certainly won't care that he used the person's "in-game name" rather than his real name.

--

That being said, in all honesty, it's highly unlikely this guy had any real intention of suicide and was likely stating his complete dissatisfaction with the turn of events that led to his statement of potential self termination.

--

TL;DR Best course of action would be for Mittens and the "Victim" to release a sex tape showing they're past their differences.

EVE is an illness, for which there is no cure.

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#280 - 2012-03-27 00:16:48 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Cyclar wrote:
Ladie Harlot, you are not very good at damage control. Maybe Mittani should put a leash on you before this completely spins out control.


We aren't being damaged so there's no need for damage control.


Because you think it is ok, you don't understand how disgusted everyone around you is.

Damage from defending the behavior is now far worse; he should have just stepped up, been a man, and apologized.



I'm an American, English is my second language...