These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM The Mittani's Misconduct Calls for Resignation - We Did It!

First post First post
Author
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#961 - 2012-03-26 20:57:55 UTC
Charles Case wrote:
DON'T WORRY PUBBIE FRIENDS! We are fixing this internally as we speak.


How long until the solid gold statue of Mittani and 6 pack of strippers arrives at his doorstep, anyway?
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#962 - 2012-03-26 20:58:51 UTC
Zanmaru wrote:
The OP is a whiny pubbie who thinks he's more important than he is.

But at least he didn't encourage thousands of EveTV viewers to harass a suicidal divorcee.

+1


If you're honestly stupid enough to think he actually is a suicidal divorcee, than you probably belong in an NPC corp someplace. Or RaidenDOT.
Blinking Duck
The Kurian Order
#963 - 2012-03-26 20:58:57 UTC
Xython wrote:
Blinking Duck wrote:
I was joking when I started my FEAR post, but, wow

There really is fear from these Goon posters!

FEAR!

I am enjoying this. I know this makes me a bastage but I am enjoying the fear.


Don't mistake our laughing and trolling and FOFOFOFOFOFOFOing at the hilarious overreaction from GOON-SCANDAL-#9513 by morons to be fear.

Mittani's fine, he's in charge of CSM7 (Deal with it, because he got THE LARGEST MANDATE IN CSM HISTORY), and there's absolutely nothing you pubbies can do about it.



Oh, don't take me too seriously. I actually like the Mittani.

He *is* history though, and I think you all know this. You are posting here hoping it will help it go away.

If there is one thing I have faith in this world - it is PC over-reaction and he will most likely taste this.
Wuxi Wuxilla
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#964 - 2012-03-26 20:59:07 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Xython wrote:
Wuxi Wuxilla wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:

I am truly sorry for the 10k voters who were betrayed by him like this


Wait, what?


I don't feel betrayed by him at all. He represents the best of EVE.

Think about this: even if you do not think he did anything wrong, a lot of people in EVE, in the community he is supposed to represent, by your vote and your mandate, do. He is an experienced CSM member; he should have been aware that there are some rules of conduct and that what he does will cause an outrage. He has caused serious damage to the game by the media scandal.

I think that counts as "betrayal" even if you agree with the initial action. You might not have been able to expect the reaction of the playerbase or the media - but he should have, if he was worthy of your trust as a representative of the game and its community.


Serious question here...
Can you look at your post and not laugh?

Also, what media scandal? If I didn't watch the stream or read this forum, I doubt I'd ever even heard about it.
CEO Rockhound
suspended animations DOT
None Of The Above
#965 - 2012-03-26 20:59:52 UTC
going for the gold
Darius III
Interstellar eXodus
Good Sax
#966 - 2012-03-26 21:00:33 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~



Do us all a favor and step down.

Hmmm

Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#967 - 2012-03-26 21:00:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
baltec1 wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:

Think about this: even if you do not think he did anything wrong, a lot of people in EVE, in the community he is supposed to represent, by your vote and your mandate, do. He is an experienced CSM member; he should have been aware that there are some rules of conduct and that what he does will cause an outrage. He has caused serious damage to the game by the media scandal.

I think that counts as "betrayal" even if you agree with the initial action. You might not have been able to expect the reaction of the playerbase or the media - but he should have, if he was worthy of your trust as a representative of the game and its community.


Its a handfull of alts posting all over the place and a bunch of MMO sites that post just about anything as news.

Who you calling an alt, noob? :P

Seriously, I hope you guys are right and this is a minor issue. Because currently I am afraid that no matter what CCP does, a lot of people will end up leaving.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#968 - 2012-03-26 21:00:49 UTC
Wuxi Wuxilla wrote:
Also, what media scandal?


He's probably talking about the blog post that somebody made that has been copied and pasted to some gaming-related websites. If they ever get around to fact-checking the story they are going to be embarrassed.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#969 - 2012-03-26 21:01:01 UTC
hey guys whats going on in this thread
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#970 - 2012-03-26 21:01:36 UTC
Blinking Duck wrote:
Xython wrote:
Blinking Duck wrote:
I was joking when I started my FEAR post, but, wow

There really is fear from these Goon posters!

FEAR!

I am enjoying this. I know this makes me a bastage but I am enjoying the fear.


Don't mistake our laughing and trolling and FOFOFOFOFOFOFOing at the hilarious overreaction from GOON-SCANDAL-#9513 by morons to be fear.

Mittani's fine, he's in charge of CSM7 (Deal with it, because he got THE LARGEST MANDATE IN CSM HISTORY), and there's absolutely nothing you pubbies can do about it.



Oh, don't take me too seriously. I actually like the Mittani.

He *is* history though, and I think you all know this. You are posting here hoping it will help it go away.

If there is one thing I have faith in this world - it is PC over-reaction and he will most likely taste this.


Actually we're posting in here because the impotent rage of a bunch of macroing idiots is adorable, and it's hilarious to see threads like this hit 50, 100 pages. You guys are noticing that most of the posts are now goons mocking you or people pointing out that you're all wrong, right?
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#971 - 2012-03-26 21:01:50 UTC
Darius III wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~



Do us all a favor and step down.


You should step down for breaking NDA last year, as well.
Jojo Jackson
Dead Red Eye
#972 - 2012-03-26 21:01:52 UTC
Harrigan VonStudly wrote:
People in New York city gather around the sidewalk when someone is standing on the window ledge threatening to jump from the 'umteenth' floor and yell, "jump, jump, jump, jump," repeatedly.
No one is responsible for someone committing suicide.


If it is handled like this in the USA it's just another reason not to like the USA (they have one of the worst reputaionts anyway allready worldwide).

In many EU countrys it might happen the same way (people shout "jump") BUT as soon as the police rescued the one who want to jump they star to analyse videos and may start prosecution.

Why the hell can't I fitt capital repairs or shield booster on an Orca ... it's an CAPITAL ship!

CEO Rockhound
suspended animations DOT
None Of The Above
#973 - 2012-03-26 21:01:55 UTC
Darius III wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~



Do us all a favor and step down.


Do us all a favor and go to the beach.
Meno Theaetetus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#974 - 2012-03-26 21:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Meno Theaetetus
All this talk about Mittani stepping out of line is having a serious effect on my mental well being, I just don't think I can go on much longer with the constant barrage against the good name of our beloved leader.

Please I beg of you stop posting bad stuff about him or I can't be held accountable for what I do to myself. If you do hold yourself accountable for other people's well being, as you have been saying, you will stop this right now for my sake.

Do you really want my suicide on your conscience?
Blinking Duck
The Kurian Order
#975 - 2012-03-26 21:02:14 UTC
Darius III wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
You're not a valid subscriber, you're a NPC alt. The opinions of NPC alts don't count for anything.

~10,058~



Do us all a favor and step down.



PRICELESS! Darius is here!

Woot!
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#976 - 2012-03-26 21:02:17 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
hey guys whats going on in this thread


We're about to start up a Succession Game of Dwarf Fortress. What would you suggest, I was thinking of finding a nice Undead Island and trying to dominate it.
Triskian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#977 - 2012-03-26 21:02:19 UTC
The Titan nerf thread was growing faster than this, I'm disappointed.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#978 - 2012-03-26 21:02:32 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Wuxi Wuxilla wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:

I am truly sorry for the 10k voters who were betrayed by him like this


Wait, what?

Which part was unclear?


The part where you think everybody who voted for him feels betrayed.


That isn't what she said. You are inferring that the voters have the good sense to feel betrayed whereas she is simply saying they were betrayed.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#979 - 2012-03-26 21:02:39 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Orkasm wrote:
I'm calling 50 pages easy, not sure about 75 before the pubbie kiddies have to go to bed.


I say 100, at least.

Cool EnderCapitalFriend Cool



Yikes, this has the potential to pass my ambulation thread!!!! Lol

Issler
Blinking Duck
The Kurian Order
#980 - 2012-03-26 21:02:53 UTC
Triskian wrote:
The Titan nerf thread was growing faster than this, I'm disappointed.



FEAR!