These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!! Back from summer break!

Author
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#1 - 2012-04-21 08:41:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
--- UPDATE ---

After me and Logix had a summer recess, we will be taking up working on the WDATT project again.

We are currently also in the process of setting up a 3rd-party website for tracking the ideas&fixes proposed by the community. Yes, we are obviously aware that there are (several) sub-forums for that right here, but we think it's there is a better way to organize and streamline this feed-back process.

Hopefully in a few months, we will be able to launch the first phase of our plans to improve the contribution of EVE's community in improving this amazing game.

In the meantime we will try and keep the list further updated, working on the backlog the recent patches have created. As usual: we are always looking for more editors. Blink

Cheers!
---

Even though most people seem to enjoy the new Inferno update, the amount of rough edges is substantial. As usual, a lot of people are complaining in tons of threads, mostly about the same issues. So that's where WDATT comes in.

We've temporarily paused working through the (enormous) backlog and have focused for now, on adding (mostly small) fixes&ideas for Inferno.

The link to our +40-page Google-Doc is still the same:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SyqOQ09grn4n-JoKm7h9701p9GIRNcW6e1BQG_ZfCSE/edit#heading=h.9sb0yfogy3es

SKIP HERE TO THE LATEST UPDATE, AS LISTED IN THIS THREAD (26th of may)
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1369019#post1369019

Rules remain the same, only focused on the Inferno-updated:

• POST YOUR IDEAS HERE (and if any good, that of other people too).
  • Check the list first and THEN post. Fiery death to all special snowflakes!
  • Don’t go discussing things in this thread, do it elsewhere and just post link in this thread.
  • Short posts and simple.
  • Found spilled dev-beans buried in a threadnought? WDATT wants to know!
  • Having missed most of the stuff of the last two updates, stuff could be outdated. Add a comment!
  • When a posted idea/fix is never added, it was likely because it was very stupid.
  • Kindly keep trolling in this thread to a minimum please. Thank you!

WARNING: the list is always highly 'WiP', and I personally have only skimmed the feedback-threadnoughts and just added it to a list I already had lying around. New additions will be added to the G-Doc list and occasional lists with recent updates will be posted in this thread. You should visit the G-Doc anyway: it is better organized and we have pwetty colors.

Current editors: Tobiaz, Mara Rinn, Logix42
WE ALWAYS NEED MORE EDITORS!

TL;DR(;YAAR)

Have good ideas for EVE or found bad things INFERNO-flavored? Post here, discuss elsewhere. We keep a list!

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#2 - 2012-04-21 08:42:12 UTC
SMALL THINGS!

Interface (st)

Accessoiries (st-i)

● Option to create notepad notes shared with a player’s corporation or his alliance (like the corporate bookmarks)
● Root folder organization with possibility of dragging notes between folders
● Color tagging notes or icon tagging (*** symbol on note side for importance)

Assets (st-i)

● Show ships in ship maintenance bays in the assets
● Show and save fittings of ships in the assets window
● Also check containers when searching your assets
● Search asset by customized ship name
● Add a system security status indicator to the entries

Camera & Tactical Overlay (st-i)

● Mouse-over on locked targets turns camera towards target from your ship’s POV
● After jumping, the camera should assume previous position and zoom level
● Option under ‘in space camera settings’ to invert mouse-wheel zoom-direction
● Maximum flight-range of missiles should be visible on the Tactical Overlay
● A line showing flight-direction on the Tactical Overlay after double-clicking in space
● Circle showing the estimated path around object on Tactical Overlay after selecting ‘orbit’.
● Fade-out plane-disc of Tactical Overlay near your ship
● Display speed vectors on the Tactical Overlay for moving ships
● When cloaked, show a sphere around the ship of 2000m as proximity-uncloaking range
● Add a sphere for the docking range of stations and the jumping range of stargates on the Tactical Overlay

Celestial Objects (st-i)

● The ‘nearest celestial’ panel should display more then only the system’s name when near a stargate.
● Add other system’s security to the stargate information window link
● Add security status indicators to the adjacent solar system in the solar system information window
● Add a ‘stations in system’ tab to the solar system information window

Character Management (st-i)

● Longer general skillqueue
● When logged in, allow pausing the skilltraining of other characters on that account
● Option to rename or add a description to your different jump-clones for identification
● Activating transfer to a jump-clone should automatically pause and resume skill-training
● Automatically pause and unpause skilltraining when inserting implants
● Warning when undocking with an insufficient clone
● Don’t remove the achieved FW rank from the character information panel after leaving FW
● The Certificate tab of a ship should tell if the player owns those suggested certificates
● Option (set ‘on’ by default for newbies) to automatically buy a new clone at the station when a player gets podded
● Option to sort skills by current levels
● Option to sort certificates by Basic, Standard, Improved and Elite
● Option to buy a skills from the market or train a skill from the context menu of the skill prerequisite tab

Channels & Voice (st-i)

● Option to set AFK or BUSY status in a selected channel (local, corp, alliance, custom and fleet)
● Panel with ‘always on top’ overlay option showing history of speakers and current speaker in EVE-Voice.
● Allow more keys as shortcut for activating microphone.
● Option to open information window for channels containing details about ownership, operators, date of creation, banlist etc.
● Option to transfer ownership of channels

Client & ESC-menu (st-i)

● Option to return to Character Selection, changing characters without re-logging
● Server-side saving and export/import function for browser bookmarks
● Server-side saving and export/import function for customized shortcut buttons
● Save window-settings per character, not per account
● Option to clear current shortcut when assigning a shortcut button already in use
● Customizable presets for graphical settings to easily adapt to changing situations
● Option to turn off the splash screen or turn off the ‘always on top’ property
● Save preset UI window arrangements (switching monitors and clients)

Contracts (st-i)

● Enable dragging a character into the name-input of contracts
● Option for renewal of existing contracts

Corporation Management (st-i)

● When voting to lock or unlock blueprints, allow choosing multiple blueprints
● The options for ‘looking for’ under ‘recruitment’ should to be redone into: trading, science&industry, mining, courier, missions, incursions, exploration, salvaging, mercenary, piracy, faction warfare, sovereignty warfare, empire warfare, small-scale gangs, capital gangs, high-security, low-security, null-security, wormholes, newbie-friendly, veteran-only.
● Option to exclude options for ‘looking for’ under ‘recruitment’.
● The options for ‘size of corporation’ under ‘recruitment’ should be rearranged for a more suitable spread into:1-10, 10-25, 25-50, 50-100, 100-250, 250-500, 500-1000, 1000+. Size 10-25 is ‘puberty’ for corporations, and 100-250 for more proper increments.
● Option to re-issue expired corp ads without having to redo them completely
● Text formatting for alliance information
● Add item filter for item lists under ‘assets’ tab
● New role: Junior Factory Manager, able to start corporation jobs, but not allowed to cancel other corporation jobs.
● Allow corporations to give their shares out on a temporary basis, returning them to the corporation wallet after a year or more.. Too many shares disappear with inactive accounts, sometimes crippling corporations
● Browser function for corporation applicants list
● More corporation hangars and corp wallet divisions

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#3 - 2012-04-21 08:42:38 UTC
EVE-mail (st-i)

● Folder under ‘all mails’ with ‘unread mails’
● Option to (temporarily) block mailing lists without having to delete them
● Ability to get up contact information about ownership and operators of mailing lists
● Option to invite players to a mailing list
● Ability to transfer ownership of mailing lists through a trade window
● Checkbox option to turn off CSPA charges instead of setting it to 0 (this gets greyed out)
● When first opening the EVE-mail panel, th newbie-tutorial should explain about CSPA and how to turn it off when desired
● Add clone-grade to killmails

Fitting (st-i)

● Grouping the activation of multiple, non-identical modules
● ‘Fit to active ship’ on a stack of modules and ammo expands into option ‘Fit all’
● Dragging a module on a slot that’s already fitted, replaces the module
● When selecting a saved fitting and the mods are not in the hangar, check the cargo
● Save the cargo contents with the fitting and loading these together of separately of the rest of the fitting

Fleet & Broadcasting (st-i)

● Add broadcast symbols to the entries in the the broadcast history
● Broadcast ‘Jump to Beacon’ should include the system
● Allow fleet adverts to be set, with neutral standings or ignoring all standings so it can also be used for Incursions.
● Option for fleet bosses to merge fleets (one boss ‘handing’ his fleet to the other).
● Option for fleet boss to allow all squad leaders handling invites for fleet
● Option for fleet boss to allow squad leaders to move members around in fleet.
● Option for squad leaders to replace an AFK fleet boss without everyone having to re-fleet
● Option to add subject and comment when sending a join request to fleet adverts. The ‘join requests’ panel should show the subject text behind the pilot’s name. Mouse-over the entry shows the comment text in a tooltip. Double-click opens window with the comment text so links can be clicked. Example: subject: “sniper rokh”, comment: “In [location], 6j, can stay until 21:45 [fittings]”
● Option for larger broadcast buttons
● Option to assign different colors to the text in broadcasts for different squads, watchlist, targeted, fleet boss and squad leaders.
● Drag&drop sorting of entries in the Watch List
● Select locked targets by clicking on their entry in the Watch List
● Option for a flashing background color for new entries in the broadcast history, that fades out over a few seconds
● Custom color for bracket and text in overview for last broadcasted object (enemy or celestial) similar to ‘autopilot yellow’
● Selecting multiple entries in the watch list and interacting with them through the right-click context menu
● Reorganize the right-click context menu for the fleet window to make it less cluttered and better access to often-used options
● Allow broadcasting ‘in position’, ‘at location’ and ‘travel to’ while docked.
● Enable sorting fleets in the fleetfinder by age
● Allow sorting the fleet history by pilot

Market (st-i)

● Different text-color for market orders that belong to you
● Different text-color for market orders that belong to your corporation
● Let rigs show the amount of calibration they consume similar to the CPU/PG displayed for modules
● Option to ‘buy all’ when selecting to buy a sell-order from the market instead of typing the exact number of items left in the order
● Option to see ‘Item Activity”, showing update frequency in the last hour/day, indicating changes in ‘hotness’.
● Maybe have it ‘temperature-like’ color-coded with a mouse-over showing the actual value
● Option in right-click context menu for items (already exists for groups) to ‘add to quickbar folder’
● Filter out extremely high-price, low-quantity sell orders from the price-history graph
● Automatically ‘select all’ on the price in the sell window when putting an item on the market
● Automatically ‘select all’ on the price in the sell window when modifying the a buy or sell order
● Option to in the sell and buy order windows to have a notification EVE-mail sent to you if the order has been completed
● Option in market settings for the browse column to automatically scroll down when new tabs are opened with entries out of view
● Option to extend running market orders
● Option to restock running market orders
● Redo the market order window to make your orders better organized
● When modifying a buy order, allow the quantity to be edited
● Double-clicking on your own order on the market opens the modify window instead of the buy window

Map (st-i)

● Make anomalies and signatures show their signature number on the map
● Allow further zooming in on the map
● Option to select the size and text color of ‘You are here’
● Customizable Quickbar for selecting Star and Line colorations
● Add system security indicators the autopilot>waypoints tab of the world map control panel
● Add changes in constellation and region to the autopilot>waypoints tab of the control panel
● Make height the entries 50% less in the autopilot>waypoints tab of the control panel. It’s too bloated to be useful now

Missions & Agents (st-i)

● More information in the mission briefing concerning its result on various standings
● Allow filtering agents in the agent finder on the availability of locator services
● Allow players to remotely turn in RP for datacores
● Make missions that have all requirements met blue in the mission journal (like ‘completed’ green)

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#4 - 2012-04-21 08:42:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Neocom & General UI (st-i)

● Option to minimize windows (especially channels) as individual tabs on the bottom of the screen instead of neocom buttons
● Allow linking channels
● Allow linking mailinglists
● Allow linking aliances from the right-click menu
● Add right-click context menus for settings and most commonly used options for the buttons in the Neocom like: ‘compose’ for EVE-mail, ‘search’ for Market and People&Places, bookmarks for the IGB, etc.
● Option to add an additional column of buttons for the neocom
● Allow the player to lock and unlock the items in the ‘accessories’, ‘business’ and ‘social’ menus and rearrange them
● Option to choose for the old blue background for buttons instead of new grey flashing status update
● Option to remove the link from linked text in the context menu
● Add more buttons next to ‘list’ in item panels, for ‘stack all’, ‘repackage all’, ‘fit to active ship’
● Allow fitting from corporation hangars if roles allow it
● Unstack button in the context menu that unstacks up to 10 items from a stack (so no unstacking for a mountain of trit)
● Option to put containers always at the top in ‘list view of item windows
● Option to sort CTR+TAB in order from most recently used to least recently.
● Option not to show chat windows and/or station services when using CTRL+TAB
● Allow putting the scanning window into the Neocom
● Group optimal range and fall-off together in the item information window
● Option to split the tabs places, contacts and agents into three separate icons on the Neocom
● Option to merge agents tab from people&places into the journal.
● Option to shut off all warning and popups from the esc-menu

Industry & Research (st-i)

● When starting a industry or research job, the panel automatically selects a free slot suitable for the job-type. On the panel should be an option that can be checked (and remembered for the next time) for the panel to always select the earliest available slot
● Enable selecting and installing multiple industry and invention jobs with identical settings at once
● Remotely refining items (skils, etc)
● Option to ‘bookmark’ all settings of a specific industry job, allowing the player to simply repeat it later
● Adding decimal separator to the (mineral) requirements of blueprints
● Mouse-over tooltip for blueprints shows ME, PE and remaining BPC-runs
● Option to automatically choose the maximum of possible runs when installing a job, with the materials available.

Ingame Browser (st-i)

● Alternative handling tabs (optional!): individual close-buttons on every tab and double-click on the tab itself opens a new one

Insurance (st-i)

● Details for who owns a ship insurance (player or corporation) should be visible under ship>show information>insurance
● Allow insuring multiple ships at once. This opens a panel with all selected ships where ships that are already insured have to option to re-insure or remove from the list. The selected insurance grade is for all ships.

Items (st-i)

● Stack identical BPCs (same ME, PE and runs remaining)
● Change Drone Control Units into passive modules (no cap use and can’t be hidden now)
● Change Damage Controls into passive module (cap use is negligible and is always on)
● Don’t allow containers with contents to be repackaged, ask for permissions first with panel showing the containers
● Drag&Drop of items for text input for searches and filters
● Show and sort the entries by meta-level on the variation tab of the module information window
● Set non-secure Station Containers to ‘unlocked’ by default
● Give drones in your hangar or corp hangar the context menu option ‘put drones in drone bay’ for your active ship
● Show damage to T2 and faction frequency ammo. Make it possible the state can be seen without pulling up the info window

Loyalty Points (st-i)

● Allow buying items from the LP-store in bulk

Overview & Brackets (st-i)

● Add option to show bookmarks on the Overview
● Optional second ‘target list anchor’ and row for ‘allied’ locked targets that are in your fleet
● Option to set dark background behind locked target for readability in bright environments
● ‘Green-boxing’ of ships in the overview that assist you with beneficial effects
● New unique bracket types for capital ships and supercapitals
● Show the bracket’s colortag on the icon of locked targets
● Show the brackets for asteroids with option in Overview Settings to turn them to help manually targeting in darker space.
● Right-clicking on icon in Selected Item should open same menu as locked target
● Calibration for targets to see optimal range and tracking
● Make it possible to filter the display of wrecks by size
● When in a system with multiple autopilot-colored stargates, give ‘later’ ones a different color
● Option to chose scale for modules show active on locked target
● Option to keep more decimals so when transitioning from 9999 meters to 10 km it shows as 10.00 km

People&Places (st-i)

● Option to search for corporation and alliance ticker
● Increase and remember custom width of the left column of the contacts tab (the one that keeps hiding numbers)
● Option to create bookmarks of your ship’s current location from the right-click context menu in empty space
● More optional colors when selecting standings
● Option to add priority to bookmarks to prevent them from cluttering up the context menu
● Add nested folders in the places window
● Better ordering of bookmark folders when adding bookmarks
● Add filter option for bookmarks and bookmark folders
● Better handling of new bookmark names by adding incrementing number
● When creating a new bookmark automatically have the texthighlighted
● Add corporate notes to corporate contacts viewable by all corpmembers (perhaps with editing restricted to diplomat)

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#5 - 2012-04-21 08:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Planetary Interaction (st-i)

● The planet tab of the science panel should show the number of currently active extractors on a planet and the earliest time until one has completed its program
● Option to add completion time to the ingame agenda when setting an extractor-program
● When leaving a planet view with unsubmitted changes, the resulting pop-up should add the option to submit the changes and continue

PLEX (st-i)

● Allow renaming characters, for PLEX, with old name still available for background check

POS (st-i)

● Better password management. Options: remember passwords for known POS
● Rename POS structures (especially SMA and CHA)
● Opening and renaming of cans in POS hangars without having to put it in ship’s cargo

Scanning (st-i)

● Add a shortcut for analyzing probes
● Add a shortcut for activating D-scan
● Option to choose between AU and KM for the range-input of the D-scan
● Slider for setting the range of the D-scan
● Increase the size of the slider for adjusting the directional angle
● When in the system map and using D-scan, hold a shortcut button to freeze its direction and show the effective cone or sphere, while freely moving the camera.
● Buttons to store custom set ranges for the D-scan
● Save-able scan probe formations
● Better interface for setting the angle of the D-scan
● In the results window of the survey scanner, display which asteroids you currently have targeted
● Options to sort all results window of the survey scanner on distance or size instead of under categories of type
● Option to split the D-scan and the probe scanner into two separate windows
● Shortcut for ‘recall probes’

Ships (st-i)

● Show passive shield recharge and excess capacitor recharge rate in the ship information window
Station Services
Option to ‘repair all’ immediately when opening the repair shop in a station

HUD & Selected Item (st-i)

● Button to launch drones
● Make the drone entries in the drone window flash red if they are being shot
● Shortcut for launching drones, select in drone settings which group should be launched
● Add a blue ‘pie-chart’ to the cargo button displaying the amount of cargo hold used. Mouse-over shows the exact amount left and percentage filled in the tooltip.
● Option buttons for a ship’s Corporate Hangar, Ore Hangar and Fuel Bay
● Increase the size of overheat buttons on top of the module buttons
● Increase size of buttons further when increasing size of the ‘selected item’ panel
● While warp-scrambled make this more noticeable by blinking the ‘warp’ button of the ‘selected item’ panel (and ‘jump/dock’ as well if at warp distance)
● While on an aggression-timer for a station or gate, make this more noticeable by blinking the ‘dock’ or ‘jump’ button of the ‘selected item’ panel and removing
● Use the button of the jump portal module for opening the list with available cynos, instead of the capacitor context menu
Pilot Control (st-i)

● Option to jettison an item, automatically renaming the container with the ships’s name and a timestamp
● Multiple custom lists with different ranges for ‘orbit’ and ‘keep at range’, saved server-side
● Option to choose ‘hold’ or ‘toggle’ mode for showing your bracket using the alt button
● While warp-scrambled, remove the ‘warp’ option from the right-click context menu (and ‘jump/dock’ as well if at warp distance)
● While on an aggression-timer for a station or gate, remove the ‘dock’ or ‘jump’ option from the right-click context menu.
● Enable overloading a module by activating it while holding a shortcut button
● Burnt out modules should be automatically removed from the group
● Option in ESC-menu for when target is destroyed: select next locked target, or not
● Remove ‘open drone bay’ option from context menu if right-clicked ship has none
● Mouse-over tooltip for containers floating in space showing how full they are
● Fix the beacon list in the jump-to menu on the capacitor context menu. Beyond 15 or so beacons it disappears to be replaced by just "open capital navigation"
● Optional shortcut for ‘dropping gate cloak’ without moving the ship
● More options to set access to a ship maintenance bay: ‘everyone’, ‘fleet’, ‘squad’, ‘alliance’, ‘corporation’ and based on standingsUI in general
● Option to set the transparency of pinned windows
● Option to set the suggestions when typing in a search box to contain previous search words, keywords from a customizable list or the default option of possible matches
● Option in esc-menu to choose if opened cargo container panels in the cargo of the ship automatically get closed when docking or stay opened (default).
● Extra column for meta-level in item windows when set on ‘details’ or ‘list’
● Add a shortkey for opening a cargo container in space
● Mouse-over tooltip over load-bar of a cargo panel shows the remaining space left
● Sort the assets window by order on the currently selected route
● Option to minimize the FPS-graph into a overlay button displaying the FPS
● Make the next autopilot gate/station also yellow in the right-click context menu for space and ‘list items in solar system’.
● Make the locations in the assets window yellow if they are on the current autopilot route
● Show the number of corporation and the combined total of members on the attributes tab of the alliance information window

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#6 - 2012-04-21 08:43:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
● Add ‘number of jumps’ and system’s security indicators to the agent info tab of the agent’s character information window
● Add ‘number of jumps’ and system’s security indicators to the ‘settled systems’ and ‘agents’ tabs of the information window of NPC corporations
● Moving modules and containers around in space for anchoring, similar to probes but with a ‘snap’ function. For balance only allow this type of movement within 2500 metres of the ship.
● Option for pilots to give custom names to corporation hangar bay tabs, overriding the corporation’s settings.

Wallet (st-i)

● Replace the ‘date’ field with “From [...] to [...] “ field.
● Enable exporting the wallet journal and transactions
● Option to disable Neocom blinking for corporation wallet transactions
● Set a minimum ISK threshold for the wallet to flash

Wardecs (st-i)

● Allow searching for other wars by corporation and alliance ticker
● Searching for a corporation that is a member of an alliance in war, should get a result

Other (st-i)

● Display the ship’s name on the killmail.

Mechanics (st)

Celestial Objects (st-m)

● Spread out the asteroids in asteroid belts out over the entire grid in all three dimensions to make it resemble an actual ‘field’. Makes it look more realistic, less cluttered, more time to react to enemies for miners and mining-range bonus becomes useful.
● Don’t make Cosmic Signatures prevent you from cloaking

Character Management (st-m)

● Allow deleting learned skills, refunding 50% of their SP as unallocated skillpoints.

Client (st-m)

● Server-side storage of customized shortcut settings (only retrieved from the server by using an option in settings)
● Option for a special ‘?’ pointer for clicking on UI elements and items, opening upl wiki-help pages on them in the IGB

Combat (st-m)

● Activation of overheating of modules while under jump-cloak
● Option to choose FOF missiles engaging closest enemy or enemy dealing most dps

Corporations (st-m)

● Make it considerably more expensive to start a new corporation and to maintain it through NPC registration fees. These fees can be set to be paid automatically. Corporations that haven’t paid their fees for 5 years can be disbanded if someone tries to start a new corporation with the same name.
● Recycle corp tickers that are not in use.

Crimewatch (st-m)

● Allow tractor-beams on ‘yellow’ wrecks in return for a ‘suspect’ flag
● Allow stealth-bombers to use bombs in high-sec and low-sec. Bomb should be considered the same way as smartbombs, extremely risky, but the option should be available.
● Allow warp-bubbles (dictor, HIC an anchorable) In high-sec and low sec. When players are affected by them that are not legal targets, the offender gets a ‘suspect’ flag

Drones (st-m)

● Option to set drone to ‘defensive’, only attacking hostiles when owner is attacked (current ‘agressive’ setting?)
● When set to ‘aggressive’, mining drones actively target new closest asteroid, when target asteroid is depleted
Fitting (st-m)
● T3 ships should be able to change subsystems at POS ship hangar
Ingame Browser (st-m)
● Server-side storage of ingame browser bookmarks (only retrieved from the server by using an option in settings)
Insurance (st-m)
● The indexed price for ships should be updated weekly
● When an insured ship blows up while flown by another player it should still pay out to the player or corporation who insured it, unless re-insured by that other player.
● When an insured ship is destroyed by being inside a ship maintenance hangar or bay that is blown up it should still pay out to the player or corporation who insured it.
● Self-destruction of a ship by a player who owns the ship’s insurance should make it void
● Enable insuring ships by corporations with the corp as beneficiary
Items (st-m)
● Increase the ranger of Survey Scanner II
Missions (st-m)
● Give COSMOS missions the same 3-month reset as Epic Arc missions

NPC (st-m)

● Unless provoked, ‘‘pirate’ NPC should no longer engage players with +5 standing

People&Places (st-m)

● Drag bookmarks onto a EVE-mail and send it as an attachment

POS (st-m)

● Unpackaged ships in SMA
● Allow repackaging in SMA and CHA

Salvaging (st-m)

● Make it much harder to shoot and destroy own wrecks, increase the wreck-lifetime in space and make it possible to scan for them. That will make genuine scavenger-salvagers (not ninja-salvagers) a viable way to make money (great for newbies).

Sentry Guns (st-m)

● Sentries should not waste DPS by attacking drones
● When stopping a ship, don’t let it automatically level with the horizontal plane link

Skills (st-m)

● Add a new skill with high Anchoring pre-requirements that will add more space to jetcans

Visual & Audio (st)

Captain’s Quarters & Stations Interior (st-va)

● Bring back the Gallente Pleasure Hub interior

Celestial Objects (st-va)

● Change the description of the Jita monument to reflect upon the Incarna uprising (best EVE-event ever!)

Character Creation (st-va)

● More color-variation for facial hair
● Correct naming of piercings

Corporation Management (st-va)

● Add letters and numbers added to the corp logo creation tool set
● Add more actual pictures to the corp logo creation tool set (so no geometric nonsense)

Effects (st-va)

● Improve ECM visual effects
● Tone down sound effects for ECCM
● Redo the effects of empty jettison cans exploding, now with more parts and less smoke
● Tone down visual effects for sensor boosters and ECCM
● Visual effects connecting HIC ships to their bubble, similar to the warp scrambler effect
● ‘Squish’ sound when destroying a pod

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#7 - 2012-04-21 08:43:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Fleet (st-va)

● Change the term ‘fleet boss’ to ‘fleet commander’
● Rename ‘Gang Assist Modules’ to ‘Fleet Assist Modules’, since ‘gangs’ got renamed as well

Items (st-va)

● Option to choose using the ‘new’ module icons that came with Incarna instead link
● Small chevrons or pips in the top left for meta-1 to meta-4 icons to show level (much better then CCP Gnauton’s mess)
● Small pips or color distinction for icons between ore of +5% and +10% quality
● Unique icons for all types of containers
● Make visual changes to the icons of different weapons of the same size (like 75mm, 125mm and 150mm railguns)
● Make the orange in tracking scripts a different color then normal weapon upgrades (like grey or blue).

Notifications (st-va)

● Options to turn off individual voice notifications ( like “warp drive active”)
● New voice notification for exiting a jumpgate with option to turn off (default)
● Stopping your ship, also shuts off propulsion modules

Pilot Control (st-va)

● Optional voice notification when the ship exits a gate jump

Ships (st-va)

● Use larger texture sizes for capital ships and stations

UI (st-va)

● Remove redundant decimals from the drone bay panel title

Other (st)

Account Management (st-o)

● Recycle character names of trial-accounts after one year, and of perma-banned accounts after 5 years.
API (st-o)
● Option to retrieve a character’s title through the API

CCP Communication (st-o)

● Add upcoming patches, updates, and expected downtime to the in-game calendar
● CCP Eyjo should resume the QEN newsletters and add non-economical statistics
● To improve the validity of its feedback, CCP needs to provide more in-game statistics (like about corp-wars or FW NPC-ing)
● Make the in-game music and login music downloadable from the website
● Add some dual/screen wallpapers

Website (st-o)

● Option when accessing the EVE-Online website through the IGB, to automatically log in with the current character
● Fix [img] tags for the forums. Hide all images when using ‘compact view’.
● Allow colored text fonts
● While writing a signature, show the amount of characters left of 500
● Make some common sites automatically trusted like google, youtube and eve-files
● Allow to set sites as automatically trusted for your profile
● Need moar smiley-faces, animated!
● When pressing the ‘dev’ button on the forum, don’t go to the first post, instead fold out a list with all the post#, with the name of the dev, where you can select which post you want to open.
● Add option to contacts in EVE-Gate to view online status
● Add page with planned features listed, their status (under development, on the test server, ‘thinking about it’, etc.) and keep it automatically updated.
● Option ‘show only unread’ filter for EVE-mails in EVE-Gate
● Give the WRITE DOWN ALL THINGS!!! thread a sticky.

NEXT UPDATE https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1166006#post1166006

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-04-21 08:53:53 UTC
+1s for all the work you put into this
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-04-21 08:59:46 UTC
threadnoughts don,t exist they are locked

R.S.I2014

Kallehd
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-04-21 09:23:47 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
+1s for all the work you put into this

this
Jastra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-04-21 09:26:41 UTC
Good stuff +1
Whitehound
#12 - 2012-04-21 10:17:00 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33928

Use this thread, it is official and sits on page 2 of this forum. I do not see why we need a second thread now. Also, there is a special forum for this, too: Features & Ideas Discussion

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#13 - 2012-04-21 10:31:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Whitehound wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33928

Use this thread, it is official and sits on page 2 of this forum. I do not see why we need a second thread now. Also, there is a special forum for this, too: Features & Ideas Discussion

That thread is also a bloody mess. Ever tried reading it from page one all the way through? I've seen some of your ideas there so far and I tell you: I've seen those and many others, many, MANY times before. That's the problem I'm trying to deal with here. Besides: that thread is for the little things, I'm gathering almost everything else as well.

My goal is getting the crowdsourcing working on the Google Doc.

As for the Features & Ideas Discussion, please: go there and discuss. This thread is meant for gathering the topics.

Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-04-21 10:45:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Dravius
I didn't see this in the section for drones so here goes. Amarr and minmatar drones appear to have their damage mods switched. Because of that amarr drones are useless.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#15 - 2012-04-21 10:49:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Lord Dravius wrote:
I didn't see this in the section for drones so here goes. Amarr and minmatar drones appear to have their damage mods switched. Because of that amarr drones are useless.

Was already added, but on the list under Unbalanced Things>Mechanics>Drones
I've only posted Small Things here to get people's attention. The actual list is twice as much.

Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-04-21 11:11:56 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
Lord Dravius wrote:

Was already added, but on the list under Unbalanced Things>Mechanics>Drones
I've only posted Small Things here to get people's attention. The actual list is twice as much.

I was referring to the one you linked, not the forum version.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#17 - 2012-04-21 11:15:38 UTC
The G-Doc list has this post linked for the 'switched' Amarr and Drone damage mods. I think you just missed it?

Oberine Noriepa
#18 - 2012-04-21 12:33:05 UTC
Not sure if this is in your list, but last night I thought it would be great if you could cancel locking on to something while in the midst of waiting for the lock timer.

Missile War
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-04-21 12:50:52 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Not sure if this is in your list, but last night I thought it would be great if you could cancel locking on to something while in the midst of waiting for the lock timer.

+1

Also > Notepads that don't reset on relog...annoying to make new folders everytime i relog for whatever reason.
And > possibility to link a chars name from 1 chat to another by dragging that char name onto the other chat name.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-04-21 12:53:39 UTC
tl:dr we want it ,but we will never have it

R.S.I2014

123Next pageLast page