These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will Dust be an isk sink?

Author
VaMei
Meafi Corp
#1 - 2012-04-20 14:20:07 UTC
As I understand it, Dusties will take contracts to do what they do, and will use their contract rewards (and their credit cards) to buy gear from vending machines. Initially, those contracts will be issued by the NPCs of Dust, but as the Eve/Dust link is established we’ll be issuing contracts too.

Assuming my understanding of the Dust economic model is right, and assuming we pay them in isk rather than some other currency, then any isk that goes from Eve to Dust is sunk, never to return.

The next question has to be, how much value will planets have in Eve, and how much will we be willing to pay Dusties to remove unwanted colonies from our planets? Will the only value to us be economic? If so, I think CCP has some work to do to up the ante. Will they be required to maintain Sov? The way people are talking yes, so how much value would the alliances place on taking and holding all their worlds?

The possible economic effects are interesting to say the least. Depending on the future value of planets to us, and the success of Dust, the impact on Eve could range from trivial to being a major change to the flow of isk through the economy.
ugh zug
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-04-20 14:23:46 UTC
i think it will work more like a faucet then a sink.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#3 - 2012-04-20 15:10:12 UTC
Does anyone know why we would want one of these districts on a planet? Its not the same as current PI. What is it?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Callic Veratar
#4 - 2012-04-20 15:22:21 UTC
From how it sounds, the TCU and SBUs may have parallel land-based facilities.
Danfen Fenix
#5 - 2012-04-20 15:24:31 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Does anyone know why we would want one of these districts on a planet? Its not the same as current PI. What is it?

From what I gather, & iirc during the seeding the universe presentation, they were thinking about giving districts certain bonuses etc, so any command centers inside the district may gain that bonus. Theres also the possible implications of districts acting towards a Sov holding mechanism and so on P
Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-04-20 15:26:39 UTC
Yes it probably will, and quite frankly it's a good thing. I doubt anyone will leave the game because their corp-assets gets used to capture systems.
Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#7 - 2012-04-20 15:30:34 UTC
Depends on how many halo players we get.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-04-20 15:42:37 UTC
Initial observations point to yes.
Serene Repose
#9 - 2012-04-20 15:45:29 UTC
Could this be moved to the children's section? Thanks!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Nirnias Stirrum
Soggy Biscuit.
#10 - 2012-04-20 15:52:20 UTC
Well a majority of Dust players will never have played Eve, so lets con them into thinking that 1 million isk is a HUGGEEE amount of money, so start contracts at 10,000 isk and when they catch on, laugh at them.
Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-04-20 16:22:18 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Well a majority of Dust players will never have played Eve, so lets con them into thinking that 1 million isk is a HUGGEEE amount of money, so start contracts at 10,000 isk and when they catch on, laugh at them.

Sir you deserve a medal.

I lied :o

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-04-20 16:25:16 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

tHIS IS ABOUT HOW DUST WILL EFFECT 0.0 WARFARE WHEN THEY TIE THE WHOLE GAME TO IT

how is this not eve general

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#13 - 2012-04-20 16:26:58 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

Could this post be removed for terrible posting? Thanks!

Dodixie > Hek

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#14 - 2012-04-20 16:32:20 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

From what I have seen we won't need to Con them. a Mill will be alot for them. They will have a trit based gear to start and the only place they will have influence is in Null Sov. How quick they grow on the EVE side will be determined by how quick Sov alliances welfare them to EVE wealth levels.

Dust will be like EVE and soon I predict. All the "fun" will be in conquest and defending will be like watching paint dry untill a conquest group moves in. Then it will be either a lulz cake walk or a lesson in futility.