These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[RSS] Exploit notification: "Boomerang" - avoiding CONCORD in high security space

First post
Author
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-03-30 15:12:23 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4972&tid=1

well. smart move CCP Big smile

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

My Neutral Toon
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-03-30 15:14:08 UTC
You can still get away from them if you move fast enough and dont stop moving.

But you have to be really fast, destroyer hull or below. Otherwise you probably wont make it.

...Can't. Tell. If ...Troll? Or Serious....

Butt Hurt about Harrasment? Read first GM post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=88362&find=unread

Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-30 15:15:09 UTC
My Neutral Toon wrote:

But you have to be really fast, destroyer hull or below. Otherwise you probably wont make it.

yes you can, but do you really want to get the banhammer for it?
GM Homonoia
Game Master Retirement Home
#4 - 2012-03-30 15:16:45 UTC
My Neutral Toon wrote:

Note that it is also a (seperate) exploit to avoid being destroyed by CONCORD in high sec when you gain a GCC

Senior GM Homonoia | Info Group | Senior Game Master

PriorofDeath
The Red Island Foundation
#5 - 2012-03-30 15:19:53 UTC
"it is considered an exploit to attack a target after you warp away from the grid where you gained that GCC"

so stay on grid and boomerange? Still WIN.

Gridfoo you ninjas
Adunh Slavy
#6 - 2012-03-30 15:22:57 UTC
PriorofDeath wrote:
Gridfoo you ninjas

Avoiding the spirit of the law by trying to use the letter of the law, will probably not be looked upon kindly.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

GM Homonoia
#7 - 2012-03-30 15:27:46 UTC
PriorofDeath wrote:
"it is considered an exploit to attack a target after you warp away from the grid where you gained that GCC"

Gridfoo you ninjas

We are looking into how far this can be stretched. Even if you think you have found a loop hole, do not use it without asking a GM for clarification. Doing so anyway could still result in repercussions.

PriorofDeath
#8 - 2012-03-30 15:27:59 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:
Gridfoo you ninjas

Avoiding the spirit of the law by trying to use the letter of the law, will probably not be looked upon kindly.

The spirit of the law means nothing. The Rules state "warp off grid", so until CCP alters this statement I see no clear proof of law stating that a ban is justifiable for this act of violence.
Karbox Delacroix
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-03-30 15:28:32 UTC
GM Homonoia wrote:
My Neutral Toon wrote:

Note that it is also a (seperate) exploit to avoid being destroyed by CONCORD in high sec when you gain a GCC

Say I am in 0.5 system with an ice belt. I then gank a Mackinaw with no tank. Am I allowed to warp to the sun and sit there so that Concord spawns and kills me at the sun instead of the belt? I will still have died and I will not have avoided GCC.
TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-03-30 15:29:06 UTC
I would also ask for the quite fantastic exploit/bug where a webifier acts as a warp disruptor.

About 9-10 days now with no response to my petition.

Can this be sorted too?
GM Homonoia
#11 - 2012-03-30 15:30:10 UTC
Karbox Delacroix wrote:
GM Homonoia wrote:
My Neutral Toon wrote:

Say I am in 0.5 system with an ice belt. I then gank a Mackinaw with no tank. Am I allowed to warp to the sun and sit there so that Concord spawns and kills me at the sun instead of the belt? I will still have died and I will not have avoided GCC.

Yes, if you do not kill anyone else after warping. Note that a software fix will be put into place that may or may not be more or less strict.

GM Homonoia
#12 - 2012-03-30 15:31:07 UTC
PriorofDeath wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:
Gridfoo you ninjas

The spirit of the law means nothing. The Rules state "warp off grid", so until CCP alters this statement I see no clear proof of law stating that a ban is justifiable for this act of violence.

This is incorrect, we act on the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Tread that line at your own risk.

Comy 1
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-03-30 15:31:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Comy 1
GM Homonoia wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:

Gridfoo you ninjas

We are looking into how far this can be stretched. Even if you think you have found a loop hole, do not use it without asking a GM for clarification. Doing so anyway could still result in repercussions.

Is it considered an exploit to warp your ship away to a safespot after agressing and once there die without attacking someone else. The point of this being dying without giving anyone player to shoot at me and scoop the loot from my wreck without probing me.
Adunh Slavy
#14 - 2012-03-30 15:32:48 UTC
PriorofDeath wrote:
Adunh Slavy wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:
Gridfoo you ninjas

GM Homonoia wrote:

Reality strikes bull sht for pwnt dmg.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

GM Homonoia
#15 - 2012-03-30 15:33:07 UTC
Comy 1 wrote:
GM Homonoia wrote:
PriorofDeath wrote:

Gridfoo you ninjas

Is it considered an exploit to warp your ship away to a safespot after agressing and once there die without attacking someone else. The point of this being dying without giving anyone player to shoot at me and scoop the loot from my wreck without probing me.

For now this is not an exploit, but this may change in the (near) future.

gfldex
#16 - 2012-03-30 15:36:54 UTC
The CCP Award for Loose Wording goes to Lead GM Grimmi! You may want to update it and state that you have to lose your ship within 10 seconds after you gained a GCC in highsec. That wont leave any loopholes that require petitioning.

I know one way to avoid CONCORD that would not fit the wording of that news item. (Not gonna tell you, ofc.)

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Karbox Delacroix
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-30 15:37:42 UTC
GM Homonoia wrote:
Karbox Delacroix wrote:
GM Homonoia wrote:
My Neutral Toon wrote:

Yes, if you do not kill anyone else after warping. Note that a software fix will be put into place that may or may not be more or less strict.

I know it would be impolite to ask you to kiss and tell, but it would seem that one way to do this would be to increase the response time of Concord. They get to the location faster and immediately warp scram/disrupt you. That or make it so that once Concord are after you, they have 0 warp time after the initial wait. So you warp off grid and when you land Concord is instantly upon you.

I understand the debate between the letter and spirit of the law and while the spirit of the law allows mercy, it allows allows a certain degree of arbitrariness. I want to comply with the rules as best as I am able and that means understanding what is expected of me.
GM Homonoia
#18 - 2012-03-30 15:38:34 UTC  |  Edited by: GM Homonoia
gfldex wrote:
The CCP Award for Loose Wording goes to Lead GM Grimmi! You may want to update it and state that you have to lose your ship within 10 seconds after you gained a GCC in highsec. That wont leave any loopholes that require petitioning.

I know one way to avoid CONCORD that would not fit the wording of that news item. (Not gonna tell you, ofc.)

As said earlier, it is always considered an exploit to avoid CONCORD. As for the loose wording, what you stated would invalidate some (currently) legal tactics and we do not want to limit our players any further than we have to.

PriorofDeath
#19 - 2012-03-30 15:48:40 UTC
"Hi, GM ****** here,

The issue is not specifically that you warp off grid but just that you warp. It will be fixed shortly anyway, so I wouldn't worry about trying to find clever ways around it."

I stand corrected. Seems they are fixing it.

When ever in Eve has a petition been responded to in under 5 minutes? O.o

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#20 - 2012-03-30 15:50:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Alpheias
TBH, Concord should be a player profession where the cop-players fly the concord ships and they get to chase us baddies.Pirate

WHOOP WHOOP! SPACE POLICE!

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

123Next pageLast page