These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

EVE Windowed Mode Helper 3.3.1 (New version 2011/10/12)

Author
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#1 - 2011-09-10 20:42:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Pharago
This program has 3 main features:

  1. EVE client relocation.
  2. It places eve clients on the top left corner of the monitor in which they are, so your eve clients will seem to be in fullscreen mode while running in windowed mode, you no longer need to use your desktop resolution in your eve clients.

  3. EVE client switching.
  4. The client switcher is a small window with buttons, each button represents one of your running eve clients, you can use the buttons to switch between clients, the buttons of the client switcher will use the currently logged character's name if you activate the option 'show window identification' inside the general tab in the eve configuration window.

  5. EVE client view windows.
  6. From the client switcher you can use the option 'new window' to open as many as 8 view windows into your client, the views will update themselves at the same time as the client. You can control the client with the mouse through those views.


Changes in 3.3.1:

- New configuration option: Keep border inside screen, after doing some tests it would seem that overlapping borders causes a loss in overall performance, so I have added a new configuration option. As usual, activate the option and press 'Set clients' again.

Changes in 3.3.0:

- Adapted ewmh to the new EVE client windowing system.
- The relocation system works better using 'window mode' in the EVE client settings.
- Borders and caption of the clients are left untouched, there is a bug in the autoresolution selector of the client that will enter an infinite loop if borders are removed from the client's window. Clients are moved accordingly to compensate for borders and caption.
- New configuration option: Use screen working area, thanks to the client's autoresolution selector now you can adapt the client size so the windows taskbar remains visible, try it out.


This tool is free.

EVE Windowed Mode Helper 3.3.1
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#2 - 2011-09-30 13:41:57 UTC
Slot reserved for future use.
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-09-30 16:12:50 UTC
still use this very nice program every day..love it

in the old topic you said you where working on a new version right? how is that one comming along?
Col Crunch
Fancypants Inc
Theran Alliance
#4 - 2011-10-02 07:38:49 UTC
DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU USE FIXED WINDOW!!!
It messes up the client, I had to restart them... some how it closed windows that can not be closed, and opened up others, as well as messing up a slew of other things. Although if you do not use fixed window it works perfectly, as advertised.
zieg miner
Dreadnoughtz Conclave
DRONE WALKERS
#5 - 2011-10-02 08:13:48 UTC
u spose to use fixed window mode and it works fine for me no problems 10/10
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-10-03 14:54:36 UTC
runs fine with me in fixed windowed mode
Fenris Nihilus
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-04 03:07:22 UTC
Great program! one request. eve clients lag up when you run them overlapping each other. when clicking the client switch buttons could you include an option to auto minimize windows when they are switched, otherwise ppl like me have to right click and minimize the client from the button menu. Thanks.
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#8 - 2011-10-04 16:50:37 UTC
Fenris Nihilus wrote:
Great program! one request. eve clients lag up when you run them overlapping each other. when clicking the client switch buttons could you include an option to auto minimize windows when they are switched, otherwise ppl like me have to right click and minimize the client from the button menu. Thanks.


I'll keep that in mind, I'll have to check client positions to prevent minimizing clients that don't overlap, i.e: in another monitor
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#9 - 2011-10-10 11:49:44 UTC
******* christ, why do new forums don't bump threads after editing the OP????
Rak Da
Spricer
#10 - 2011-10-12 15:30:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Rak Da
Awesome work there. You made my life a lot easier with this tool. I have been using it for ages Big smile. I really like the new windowed client option. The only problem I have is that eve gets very laggy if you overlap 2 clients (as someone else stated already). I still have the 2.6.1 version and that one doesn't generate lag.

Keep it up, I sent some isk for the good work.
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#11 - 2011-10-12 17:49:30 UTC
Rak Da wrote:
Awesome work there. You made my life a lot easier with this tool. I have been using it for ages Big smile. I really like the new windowed client option. The only problem I have is that eve gets very laggy if you overlap 2 clients (as someone else stated already). I still have the 2.6.1 version and that one doesn't generate lag.

Keep it up, I sent some isk for the good work.


I've added a new config option to mitigate the effect, the only drawback is the loss of a few pixels around the client, but until CCP fixes the autoresolution adapter bug, client window borders cannot be removed

thank you very much for your donation, I'm very happy today :))
Rak Da
Spricer
#12 - 2011-10-15 12:22:54 UTC
This seems to be working now Big smile. I have a request, but I am not sure how to explain it. Lets say I have 3 clients open. Client 01, Client 02 and Client 03. I would like to change the position of these without rebooting eve in the correct order. Like Client 03 on the first place, than Client 01 and than Client 02. I'm terrible at English, so I hope you understand what I mean. Would that be possible?
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#13 - 2011-10-15 12:35:18 UTC
Rak Da wrote:
This seems to be working now Big smile. I have a request, but I am not sure how to explain it. Lets say I have 3 clients open. Client 01, Client 02 and Client 03. I would like to change the position of these without rebooting eve in the correct order. Like Client 03 on the first place, than Client 01 and than Client 02. I'm terrible at English, so I hope you understand what I mean. Would that be possible?


Yep, but it's going to take a while, i'm working on session saving and loading right now.
Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-11-17 04:13:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kallie Rae
Nice tool, keep the good work up! =)

One question though, should you use windowed mode or fixed window in the eve options when using this tool?

Edit: I also have a problem where the taskbar in windows 7 is overlapping the game window when using windowed mode in the eve settings, even when the game window is active. Fixed window does not have this problem...
Pharago
Nughat Corp
#15 - 2011-11-17 20:28:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Pharago
Kallie Rae wrote:
Nice tool, keep the good work up! =)

One question though, should you use windowed mode or fixed window in the eve options when using this tool?

Edit: I also have a problem where the taskbar in windows 7 is overlapping the game window when using windowed mode in the eve settings, even when the game window is active. Fixed window does not have this problem...


you should use windowed mode, fixed window does that stuff by itself

windows hides the taskbar when the client area of a window is the same size as the screen, there is an option named 'keep borders inside screen' in the ewmh configuration window, deactivate it and press 'set clients' again, that will make the bar dissapear
Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2011-11-20 01:52:07 UTC
Hmm, doesn't seem to work, whatever i do, the taskbar is always in front, can set it to autohide, so i need to mouseover for the taskbar to pop up but i would rather just have the eve window overlapping it when the window is active, but doesn't seem to work :/
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#17 - 2011-11-20 02:12:27 UTC
Assuming a computer has multiple videocards, and for each videocard there is a connected monitor.


  • Is this tool able to switch out videocard settings for each gameclient?
  • If not, will this be made available in the future?
Kallie Rae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-02-08 03:13:10 UTC
So what's the status on this excellent tool? =)
Swatcat
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-02-19 19:18:43 UTC
Awesome tool! I especially like the New Window option for monitoring more than one character on a single monitor (ex. on a notebook). I would like to request a feature, if possible, that when you make a new window of one of the clients, it doesn't stay on top of that client. So if Swatcat is Client 1 and an alt is Client 2. When I make a new window of Client 2 it only stays on top of Client 1 and when I switch to Client 2, it hides it self since I obviously don't need to see it on the client I am in, if it is a snapshot of that client. Also, I've sent some isk in appreciation of your work!
Treyan Argund
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-03-04 20:19:39 UTC
Kallie Rae wrote:
Hmm, doesn't seem to work, whatever i do, the taskbar is always in front, can set it to autohide, so i need to mouseover for the taskbar to pop up but i would rather just have the eve window overlapping it when the window is active, but doesn't seem to work :/


There's an option called "Use Screen Working Area" that will keep the windows form overlapping the taskbar.



Any chance you could simply make the helper run the windows in maximized mode? It's very clean and it retains the title bar (which I happen to like).

If that's not possible, I'd like to ask for a checkbox to disable window relocation. That way I can still use that handy little switcher bar, use the Maximized window option, and not have it relocate my windows every time I click the switcher.
12Next page