These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Scrapmetal Processing in outposts

Author
Darrgath
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-09-09 18:25:29 UTC
right, so I've got 89.97% yield with scrapmetal processing lvl 1, in a minmatar outpost with 40% refining.

after training scrapmetal processing to lvl 2 I was all excited to see how much I've reduced the waste and whatta ya know; no change in yield!

so can anyone explain why lvling up this skill doesnt improve my yield?
Enuma Elish
Elish Technologies
#2 - 2011-09-09 18:48:44 UTC
How about your standing to the owners of this outpost?
You probably know this, but scrapmetal processing is used only to refine modules.
Darrgath
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-09-09 18:51:33 UTC
standigs are 10 towards owners, and I'm reprocessing drone loot.
Enuma Elish
Elish Technologies
#4 - 2011-09-09 19:09:00 UTC
This site has refining formula used in EVE http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Reprocessing
With your standing and skills (i assume you have refining 5 and refinery eff.5) and scrapmetal 2 you should have 94,45% refining rate at 40% rate station.
Caltharian
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-09-09 19:11:37 UTC
the yield % show at the top of the screen doesnt include scrap metal processing or ore specific processing skills

the only way to get an accurate return would be to do a mock refine and see how much wastage there actually is, this is an old bug also you may find that you are losing x% in tax as having 10.0 standings with the owners of the stations does not automatically grant you 0% tax on refine
Darrgath
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2011-09-09 19:18:08 UTC
Caltharian wrote:
the yield % show at the top of the screen doesnt include scrap metal processing or ore specific processing skills

the only way to get an accurate return would be to do a mock refine and see how much wastage there actually is, this is an old bug also you may find that you are losing x% in tax as having 10.0 standings with the owners of the stations does not automatically grant you 0% tax on refine

thanks, I'll compare it when I'm done with lvl 3
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2011-09-09 19:35:53 UTC
Caltharian wrote:
This is correct.

The reason for it is that you can reprocess more than one material at a time, and a single number can not summarize multiple skills.

There really should be a yield % column with an entry for every item in the reprocessing window.

So the yield number in the top right corner is completely useless. I can only guess that it pre-dates the material specialization skills being added to the game(?)
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#8 - 2011-09-11 11:44:45 UTC
As regards refining the material specialization skills they only affect yield in low & nul sec refining. Train the ore specific skills to level four if you wish to use the relevant T2 mining crystals. Train to level five if you intend to refine in low or nul.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Xyolon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-09-12 22:31:38 UTC
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:
As regards refining the material specialization skills they only affect yield in low & nul sec refining. Train the ore specific skills to level four if you wish to use the relevant T2 mining crystals. Train to level five if you intend to refine in low or nul.

If someone has the two basic refinery skills to lvl5, I doubt he would need the specific refinery skills also to lvl5. Lvl4 should be enough, but with an upgraded minmatar outpost, lvl2-3 would give 100%, so need for lvl4.