These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

When are CCP going to fix killmails?

Author
i hatechosingnames
Insert Corporation Name Here
#1 - 2011-09-09 14:24:42 UTC
It's been too long where I have gone on ops, shot modules / people, waited for the killmails to be posted only to find I am not on the mails for things I have shot at and my logs confirm I shot and wasted ammo on them.

According to CCP's killmail system - I was NOT there...

CCP can you finally fix the killmail system?
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#2 - 2011-09-09 14:26:12 UTC
i hatechosingnames wrote:

CCP can you finally remove the killmail system?

Yes please.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

DurrHurrDurr
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2011-09-09 14:33:25 UTC
This would be nice.

Also, the killmails that get borked and only show like half the fittings are gay too.
Othran
Route One
#4 - 2011-09-09 14:49:58 UTC
It's been too long where I have gone on ops, shot modules / people, waited for the killmails to be posted only to find I am not on the mails for things I have shot at and my logs confirm I shot and wasted ammo on them.

According to CCP's killmail system - I was NOT there...

CCP can you finally fix the killmail system?

If you're not in the same system (or possibly on the same grid - cba testing it, works like that in FW, or did) then you won't be on the mail. So if you're the ones forcing the guy through the gate then you won't be on the KM.

Hardly worth bothering about unless you're trying to get into a KB efficiency obsessed corp.
i hatechosingnames
#5 - 2011-09-09 15:09:22 UTC
I've been on the same grid, killmail whoring with guns on 7 different targets, all hitting and doing damage according to the client logs, if I'm lucky I'll get on 2 killmails.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#6 - 2011-09-09 17:32:19 UTC
I've been screwed out of being on a Nyx KM because of the bugs. And I've seen many, many KM with ships having missing, or no mods.

Fix it, CCP!
Vicar2008
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2011-09-09 17:33:25 UTC
18 Months...
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#8 - 2011-09-09 17:34:57 UTC
Vicar2008 wrote:
18 Months...

ends before the year is out...

The Drake is a Lie

Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#9 - 2011-09-09 17:37:26 UTC
I've been on the same grid, killmail whoring with guns on 7 different targets, all hitting and doing damage according to the client logs, if I'm lucky I'll get on 2 killmails.

Doesn't sound like you deserved to be on that many to be honest. Roll

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

i hatechosingnames
#10 - 2011-09-09 19:35:48 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:

Doesn't sound like you deserved to be on that many to be honest. Roll

dedication to the cause... the rainbow geddon was made for spreading the love of multicoloured lazers to all...

same bug / feature just happened again on a pos shoot, of 5 pos mods I shot at I got on 1 killmail.

CCP can you fix basic flying / killing in space stuff?
Crunchmeister
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-09-09 19:58:24 UTC
Spent the evening last night taking down a deathstar POS with a crapload of mods. I got on the tower kill + 3 modules. And I shot at a vast majority of them for a significant amount of time. It would be nice to get credit for some of the long, boring work killing a POS is, even if it's just some kms.

People were constantly telling me I was crazy. For a long time I didn't believe them, but after a while, I started to think they might be right.

But it turns out that they were all wrong. One of the voices in my head is a psychiatrist and he says I'm perfectly sane.