These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Most CSM Candidates think their crap doesn't stink

Author
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#1 - 2012-03-07 14:23:34 UTC
I just finished reading the profiles and candidate pitches of this years crop of CSM candidates. With the exception of maybe couple, most are committed to making EVE a game of graduate level engineers and left brain violent narcissists. Not a single candidate used the words "role play" in their pitch. EVE will grow in player base when new players are encouraged to use their imagination in developing interesting characters who will "eventually" be drawn into the complexities of the game and the significant skills necessary to play it.

Most candidates touting their game experience don't realize that they are also touting their disconnection with players without experience. That's no way to make a game grow in popularity among new players.

OK. I will re-read everyone's pitches and try to weed out those who present the most arrogant, narrow vision, my crap doesn't stink attitude, and maybe find one person who will really try to represent the ordinary player.

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-03-07 14:25:28 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Not a single candidate used the words "role play" in their pitch.

Thank God for small favors.
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#3 - 2012-03-07 14:55:54 UTC
Go and read Hans Jagerblitzen's blog post about the role of Storytelling and Role-playing in EVE Online on his blog @ http://hansshotfirst.blogspot.com/

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#4 - 2012-03-07 15:21:08 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
Go and read Hans Jagerblitzen's blog post about the role of Storytelling and Role-playing in EVE Online on his blog @ http://hansshotfirst.blogspot.com/

Thank you. I just finished reading that blog and he just might get my vote.

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

BuzzyBeagle
Centers for Intergalactic Mercantile Acquisition
#5 - 2012-03-07 15:34:58 UTC  |  Edited by: BuzzyBeagle
Skippermonkey wrote:
BuzzyBeagle wrote:
Sympathy bump for Skipper as his post only has 6 pages and has falled to page 4 of JPSC forums.

also sorry your so butthurt i left. i still love you and your pointy little elf nose.

Its true to say TK has changed since you left.

Use of the word 'pikey', evemails about ransoming month old characters for all their money and pod lossmails in Jita are all down 100% since you left.

:(

Anyhoo, its good to see you back in our trainer corp. Maybe one day you might graduate all over again.

:)

VOTE SKIPPERMONKEY

naw... his shat dont stank...MUCH

(but he DOES have a cute little upturned piggy elf nose if thats any consolation)
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#6 - 2012-03-07 15:41:32 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Vordak Kallager wrote:

Thank you. I just finished reading that blog and he just might get my vote.

Happy to help. Big smile

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Macon Chalaise
VNM Biological Survey Corps
#7 - 2012-03-07 15:59:04 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
I just finished reading the profiles and candidate pitches of this years crop of CSM candidates. With the exception of maybe couple, most are committed to making EVE a game of graduate level engineers and left brain violent narcissists. Not a single candidate used the words "role play" in their pitch. EVE will grow in player base when new players are encouraged to use their imagination in developing interesting characters who will "eventually" be drawn into the complexities of the game and the significant skills necessary to play it.

Most candidates touting their game experience don't realize that they are also touting their disconnection with players without experience. That's no way to make a game grow in popularity among new players.

OK. I will re-read everyone's pitches and try to weed out those who present the most arrogant, narrow vision, my crap doesn't stink attitude, and maybe find one person who will really try to represent the ordinary player.

EVE can be complex, yes, but not complicated not so much.Cool

Here's to fire. Not the fast and furious kind that burns down shacks and shanties, but the slow, seductive kind that takes down pants and panties - Irish Toast

Skye Aurorae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-03-07 16:40:17 UTC
Skye is only 7, I can still remember changing her diaper from 6 years ago, trust me, I know her poo stinks.

Skye Aurora is a 7 year old Girl Who Wants to be on the CSM! Unfortunately, the Lawyers say you have to be 21 - oh well.

asidburn Enaka
The 501st Legion
#9 - 2012-03-08 08:16:18 UTC
i just want to let everyone know about this scammer claming to be giving plex for votes dont be caught falling for this scam vote aganist darius III member of interstellar eXodus {IE-EX} they are scaming people pass the word on to everyone you can and vote aganist these undeserving jerks here is a copy of the chat log as proof of there unworthy actions!!!!!!!!

asidburn Enaka > what do i need to do
Darius III > http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=480 go there
Darius III > vote for me then paste the message you got after vote cast into this chat
asidburn Enaka > your vote has been registered. We thank you for your participation.
Darius III > Thanks man
Darius III > that concludes our business
Darius III > Fly safe
asidburn Enaka > and what about the contract
asidburn Enaka > i will have my alliance vote aganist you about 250 people
asidburn Enaka > and then where will you be
asidburn Enaka > send me the contract and i will have them vote for you
asidburn Enaka > this is what we call a test of charecture
Darius III > Have them vote against me
Darius III > Sorry for the ssam
Darius III > But I wouldnt sleep at night if I didnt do everything in my power to make syure that Goons dont ruin this CSM
asidburn Enaka > your an idiot all your going to do is send more votes to the goons
Darius III > not really
Darius III > Goons will win chairman nbo matetr what, doesnt matter
Darius III > nothing can stop them
Darius III > and thats a real shame
asidburn Enaka > well you just lost 243 votes
asidburn Enaka > got 1 lost 243
Darius III > Didnt have them anyway
Darius III > didnt lose anything
Darius III > Just please dont make forum post about me, it would ruin my campaign
asidburn Enaka > not to mentone att the isk spam bans you r about to get
asidburn Enaka > too late
asidburn Enaka > and i just copyed this conv
asidburn Enaka > so i can post
Darius III > You wouldnt dare do it
Darius III > You too lazy anyway
Darius III > I dont have a thing to worry about
asidburn Enaka > haha i play eve 8 hrs a day and im retired all i have is time
Darius III > no lazy bones like you would waste their time. LOL so much for your empty threats LOL

rember i dont care who you vote for just dont voter for the
Revolution Rising
Last-Light Holdings
#10 - 2012-03-08 08:18:40 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Not a single candidate used the words "role play" in their pitch.

Thank God for small favors.

I lol'd pretty hard here.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-03-08 14:03:30 UTC
asidburn Enaka wrote:
i just want to let everyone know i'm an idiot who rages about getting scammed out of a vote i obviously didn't value in the first place

ok thanks man
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2012-03-08 14:18:28 UTC
The Mittani is a pro-roleplaying candidate.

Vote now: http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=438

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Darker Domain
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2012-03-08 14:21:31 UTC
I have found an alternative option to The Mittani, here is the voting link:

http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=438
Skye Aurorae
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-03-08 14:54:15 UTC
A superior alternative to the Mittanni
http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=458

Skye Aurora is a 7 year old Girl Who Wants to be on the CSM! Unfortunately, the Lawyers say you have to be 21 - oh well.

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#15 - 2012-03-08 20:12:40 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:

I have fought in the forums to support RP and have made it clear ambulation could add to the immersion. I actually run my corp and alliance as a sort of RP experience. I encourage you to spend a little time going through my corp web page, especially our history and background, even our annual report!

Tada O

I hope you do find a candidate you can put your trust in, good luck in your search, your vote matters!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
A fan of RP in Eve
CSM 7 Candidate

Ka P'lah
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-03-08 23:36:30 UTC
...Uh...So...asidburn...isn't posting all over how someone ripped you off when you were trying to sell them your vote bloc kind of like calling the cops and reporting that the guy you were partnering with to sell a bunch of [illegal drugs] stole it all? P