These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is there any Aussie CSM candidates out there????

Author
Andiedeath
We Aim To MisBehave
#1 - 2012-03-07 06:44:43 UTC
Howdy to all the CSM candidates. Is there any Aussie candidates out there? Specifically I would love to see the following:
Discussions around Timezone specific advertising to get more Aussie players and downtime implications.

Regards,

Andiedeath

Director

Sefem Velox

INGAME CHANNEL: Sefem Public

Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#2 - 2012-03-07 06:52:45 UTC
Andiedeath wrote:
Howdy to all the CSM candidates. Is there any Aussie candidates out there? Specifically I would love to see the following:
Discussions around Timezone specific advertising to get more Aussie players and downtime implications.

Regards,

Andiedeath

Andie! Vote Hans bro! Who cares what nationality the CSM are as long as they are championing the parts of the game we care about! :D

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Aiifa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-07 10:45:40 UTC
Andiedeath wrote:

Regards,

Andiedeath

ccp has said downtime is getting removed or shrunk to once a week

why couldn't it be a kiwi

racist
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#4 - 2012-03-07 11:23:48 UTC
Confirming there is an Australian candidate; Mintrolio.

I think downtime is fine where it is, despite it being at 10pm for me.
Andiedeath
We Aim To MisBehave
#5 - 2012-03-07 21:17:59 UTC
LOL!!!

True anyone in the Timezone would understand the implications of daily dt and daylight savings etc...

Sounds like it doesn't matter based on CCP discussions around changing to a weekly DT schedule.

VOTE1 Hans

Director

Sefem Velox

INGAME CHANNEL: Sefem Public

Mintrolio
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-03-08 00:44:10 UTC
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#7 - 2012-03-08 01:05:55 UTC
I had the opportunity to be in the CSM when Omber Zombie was also in the CSM. I can see how having an Australian candidate would be important to players in Australia. I learned just how bad internet can be there and along with experiences with Australian members in my corp how bad the down time affected folks trying to play from there can be.

So I don't think there are any candidates from "Down Under" this election but I think this is an example of how having someone in the CSM that understands the differences in player experiences across the globe.

Hopefully next election someone like Omber Zombie will emerge again to bring the issues that players in Eve face is they live in places with unique challenges like Australia!

Issler
Josef Huffenpuff
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-08 01:32:29 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
So I don't think there are any candidates from "Down Under" this election but I think this is an example of how having someone in the CSM that understands the differences in player experiences across the globe.

You, of all people, should be able to answer this correctly ...

There are 2 candidates from Australia / New Zealand - although one moonlights as a goat farmer from Kazakstan. Neither is campaigning on moving downtime and neither of them can force Testra or Telecom NZ to provide decent internet connections for real businesses in Australia / NZ. So internet spaceships stand no chance
Silence iKillYouu
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2012-03-08 07:40:30 UTC
Mintrolio wrote:
Idea

mintrolio is aussie

EVE Mail me i dont check forums often.

Xayder
modro
Northern Coalition.
#10 - 2012-03-08 08:10:01 UTC
I heard The Mittani is aussie

I don't always post, But when i post I do it with my main

asidburn Enaka
The 501st Legion
#11 - 2012-03-08 08:20:49 UTC
i just want to let everyone know about this scammer claming to be giving plex for votes dont be caught falling for this scam vote aganist darius III member of interstellar eXodus {IE-EX} they are scaming people pass the word on to everyone you can and vote aganist these undeserving jerks here is a copy of the chat log as proof of there unworthy actions!!!!!!!!

asidburn Enaka > what do i need to do
Darius III > http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=480 go there
Darius III > vote for me then paste the message you got after vote cast into this chat
asidburn Enaka > your vote has been registered. We thank you for your participation.
Darius III > Thanks man
Darius III > that concludes our business
Darius III > Fly safe
asidburn Enaka > and what about the contract
asidburn Enaka > i will have my alliance vote aganist you about 250 people
asidburn Enaka > and then where will you be
asidburn Enaka > send me the contract and i will have them vote for you
asidburn Enaka > this is what we call a test of charecture
Darius III > Have them vote against me
Darius III > Sorry for the ssam
Darius III > But I wouldnt sleep at night if I didnt do everything in my power to make syure that Goons dont ruin this CSM
asidburn Enaka > your an idiot all your going to do is send more votes to the goons
Darius III > not really
Darius III > Goons will win chairman nbo matetr what, doesnt matter
Darius III > nothing can stop them
Darius III > and thats a real shame
asidburn Enaka > well you just lost 243 votes
asidburn Enaka > got 1 lost 243
Darius III > Didnt have them anyway
Darius III > didnt lose anything
Darius III > Just please dont make forum post about me, it would ruin my campaign
asidburn Enaka > not to mentone att the isk spam bans you r about to get
asidburn Enaka > too late
asidburn Enaka > and i just copyed this conv
asidburn Enaka > so i can post
Darius III > You wouldnt dare do it
Darius III > You too lazy anyway
Darius III > I dont have a thing to worry about
asidburn Enaka > haha i play eve 8 hrs a day and im retired all i have is time
Darius III > no lazy bones like you would waste their time. LOL so much for your empty threats LOL

rember i dont care who you vote for just dont voter for the
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#12 - 2012-03-08 08:22:49 UTC
Xayder wrote:
I heard The Mittani is aussie

Australian as apple pi... oh Roll
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#13 - 2012-03-09 02:10:16 UTC
Josef Huffenpuff wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

You, of all people, should be able to answer this correctly ...

There are 2 candidates from Australia / New Zealand - although one moonlights as a goat farmer from Kazakstan. Neither is campaigning on moving downtime and neither of them can force Testra or Telecom NZ to provide decent internet connections for real businesses in Australia / NZ. So internet spaceships stand no chance

I haven't spent any time looking at where the other candidates were from, just what they are running to support. Where they are physically located is of no interest to me. So sorry I missed that. I also am not saying I'm running on moving downtime, All I am saying is that the fact Eve is all server where you live in RL can present you with different issues and its good if folks that face those issues have representation. I also use the opportunity to recognize someone that I felt was an excellent CSM member in the past who was from Australia, Omber Zombie.

That the Australian candidates didn't seem to bother to even post here themselves seemed odd to me.

Issler

Darker Domain
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#14 - 2012-03-09 02:49:28 UTC
I have searched far and wide and have found an Australian candidate for you:

http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=438
PsychoBitch
Playboy Enterprises
Dark Taboo
#15 - 2012-03-09 03:05:01 UTC
Read the complete Platform here: http://www.eve-online-dark-taboo.com/vote/

If you want your vote to count just once in EVE vote for PsychoBitch.

Sick of CCP devs and their hair-brained, half-baked, blue-balled ideas?

Sick of self-important fat puds and frail half-elves on the CSM?

Sick of things in eve that should have been fixed A G E S ago not being fixed and new errors being introduced daily?

Make your one vote count finally, vote for PsychoBitch!

If you are voting for someone who has been in the CSM before - you have wasted your vote on F A I L

Don't be a failure, be a hero. Vote for PsychoBitch now!

Campaign Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOZAEbk7r0

If you don't drink whiskey - VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE
If you don't like having sex with women - VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE
If you don't live life on your own terms - VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE - ANYTHING WRITTEN BELOW IGNORE
Frying Doom
#16 - 2012-03-09 08:33:53 UTC
PsychoBitch wrote:

If you don't live life on your own terms - VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE - ANYTHING WRITTEN BELOW IGNORE

was this a deliberate funny? You say to vote for you if you live life on your on terms then the next line you tell us what to do.

Hell could just be drugs talking but that seemed funny as hell to me:)

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
#17 - 2012-03-09 09:23:53 UTC
downtime is worse for us new zealanders, and our internet is even worse than yours.
Mintrolio lives in australia i think.

www.shipsofeve.com