These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Wtf has jita competition died?

First post
Author
Gettinsome
Dawn Trading
#1 - 2012-02-29 20:18:18 UTC
Whats been going on, I wake up this morning and I have orders actually filled, Noticed there's been a **** load less 0.1 iskin. Is it a holiday or have the bots been silenced?

If the latter we should make it a holiday
Cyniac
Twilight Star Rangers
#2 - 2012-02-29 20:31:29 UTC
You missed your pricepoint, you could probably have bought all that stuff cheaper ;-)
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#3 - 2012-02-29 21:47:58 UTC
There was a bot slaughter, but from what I heard it affected mostly 0.0 ratting bots. Would be pretty nice if they finally swept up some of the Jita market bots that are on 24/7.
Plato Idari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-02-29 21:48:48 UTC
There were at least three people 1isking one of my often quiet goods in Jita today. Maybe they just moved on?
Gettinsome
Dawn Trading
#5 - 2012-02-29 22:19:29 UTC
Something must be up, usually I'm pushing **** uphill just to make a bit of isk and today Its just fallen in my lap with bugger all effort. Have had some 0.1 isking but not that every obvious 5 minutes bull **** that I'm now used to.

Maybe just lucked out, or someone knows something i don't. I'll see how things are tomorrow when I'm
Probably broke lol

Such a pessimist
David Forge
GameOn Inc.
#6 - 2012-02-29 22:36:27 UTC
Perhaps bots don't work on Leap Days?
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#7 - 2012-03-01 01:15:27 UTC
David Forge wrote:
Perhaps bots don't work on Leap Days?

Lol lol

I wonder how true that might be?
Ad'Hakim Tahous
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-01 01:45:37 UTC
KrakizBad wrote:
There was a bot slaughter, but from what I heard it affected mostly 0.0 ratting bots. Would be pretty nice if they finally swept up some of the Jita market bots that are on 24/7.

one can hope..... bot tears best tears
malaire
#9 - 2012-03-01 09:33:35 UTC
In other thread CCP dev promised devblog about their recent bot action soon.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Ozzie Asrail
Exploited
#10 - 2012-03-01 10:05:47 UTC
I noticed similar, normally a couple hours after I logoff for the night my orders grid to a halt but it was noticeable last night that I had a slow but pretty constant stream of both buy and sells.

If they really have banhammered a few market bots I'll be a happy little trader.
Minmat Sebtin
House of Sebtin
#11 - 2012-03-01 12:10:22 UTC
Maybe you / we got lucky, people had been buying my stuff like mad just in time for me pay for a big manufacturing job.
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-03-01 13:16:22 UTC
Bots often break after patches is one of the reasons I heard. No idea if it's true or not :)
Lady Godwynn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-03-01 13:29:52 UTC
Hey fellow traders

I've noticed the same, orders not sniped for hours, across all types of items.
Where they have been sniped I'm seeing less frequent updates, more consistent with someone
checking their orders every half hour or so. I am not seeing whole stacks of orders moving
every 5 minutes they way I'm used to.
But there isn't enough data to go on yet to determine if this is a fluke or something else.

If it's true that CCP has finally taken action against market bots after all this time, then we're seeing just
how staggering their impact on us human traders has been.

I hope that CCP realize how big a problem bots are - and if this is actually what Jita is like without them -
then I hope that people will never allow it to go back.

Lady Godwynn
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#14 - 2012-03-01 15:57:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
I can't see any change in Rens so far. Maybe they aren't actually bots there or something.

But I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed on this one for sure. Smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-03-01 18:28:30 UTC
Lady Godwynn wrote:
Hey fellow traders

Where they have been sniped I'm seeing less frequent updates, more consistent with someone
checking their orders every half hour or so. I am not seeing whole stacks of orders moving
But there isn't enough data to go on yet to determine if this is a fluke or something else.

If it's true that CCP has finally taken action against market bots after all this time, then we're seeing just

I hope that CCP realize how big a problem bots are - and if this is actually what Jita is like without them -

Lady Godwynn

Don't get too excited, bots will be back and if ppl catch wind of Jita being more trader friendly again, human competition will pick up considerably. I've already stepped up my trading activities there since I found out. Many more will follow, nullifying a large portion of the banned bots.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#16 - 2012-03-01 19:04:31 UTC
Dirk Decibel wrote:
Lady Godwynn wrote:
Hey fellow traders

Lady Godwynn

Don't get too excited, bots will be back and if ppl catch wind of Jita being more trader friendly again, human competition will pick up considerably. I've already stepped up my trading activities there since I found out. Many more will follow, nullifying a large portion of the banned bots.

That is entirely acceptable.
Lady Godwynn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-03-01 20:39:01 UTC
Dirk Decibel wrote:
Lady Godwynn wrote:
Hey fellow traders

Lady Godwynn

To echo KrakizBad, that is indeed entirely acceptible and I have absolutely no problem with playing the market
against other players. People make mistakes when .01 isking, bots don't :-)

Lady Godwynn
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#18 - 2012-03-01 21:12:38 UTC
Did everyone notice the "lets get rid of bots" blog? Seems this post was spot on. Blink

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Ozzie Asrail
Exploited
#19 - 2012-03-01 22:07:35 UTC
That is good news, nice job CCP Twisted 1k -2k bots is a prettty large number when you think even a single market botter with a decent sized xxbn+ wallet can cause havok on many, many items for regular players.

Tasko Pal
Spallated Garniferous Schist
#20 - 2012-03-01 22:12:00 UTC
Don't forget the other trade hubs. I see trade pickup in the limited markets I'm involved in. Also nice prices on minerals and ice these days. Might have to light up some roids in celebration.
123Next pageLast page