These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Karn Dulake for CSM

Author
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-02-18 23:09:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Karn Dulake
Karn Dulake for CSM

This is me, this is my best friend and this is my queen. (my best friend added these links for me so i might have to review them)

I spent most of my time working in either arbitration or liaison when im not enslaving the minmatar. And the role always boils down to rejecting silly ideas from the workforce and pressing the point to the management/board on the issues that matter and receiving firm responses from them. Its normally makes you the most unpopular person in a business even though you are bringing the ideas of the board/workforce into alignment. And you are never thanked for the changes.

A few things to say regarding the makeup of the CSM and how the majority of the player base sees them.

Mittans has to divorce his in game persona with his role as the CSM chairman. His main aim is to ruin other people’s game and people see his role in the CSM as complementary to this. Its believed that he uses his position to further his own ends, which is that of Nullsec and pew pew. Until he separates these two roles then regardless of whatever good he is doing he is just damaging the role and the CSMs credibility.

The CSM is currently just a cult of personality as not many people know any other member of the CSM just Mittens. Probably the only other person who could challenge him at the moment is Chribba who is another in game icon. And this way ideas are being smothered by in game names

Faction Warfare representation.

At the moment the CSM is made up of nullsec, solely because they can lean on block voting. But there is now a lowsec candidate who has the backing of all four factions who wants to improve faction warfare and lowsec as a whole. This is a major part of the player base and this person really needs to be elected to the CSM even if they are just a counterpoint to the nullsec dominance within the CSM

Planet of the Hats

One of the biggest gripes across most of the forums is that players want everyone to play the game exactly the same way that they do and they look down on anyone who plays differently to them. This is especially true of many pvpers. This is an MMO and anyone can play the game anyway they want within the game mechanics. The only difference is that they must understand that they can control just about everything but other players intentions.

Examples

I know a player who lives in one system that is practically deserted. He mines in that system, does some small scale building and runs low level missions. He likes the fact that everything he owns comes has come from that one system. But he also understands that he can be suicide ganked, wardeced and harassed as it is part of the mechanics of the game. A true bear

Another guy lives with a group in a Worm Hole. They clear their sites everyday and those of the C3 linked to them. They also kill everyone they encounter. But if one day they are destroyed they understand it is just a mechanic of the game.

A Nullsecer who rats in the core systems in safety but would never do so on the fringes of his empire. When he is there he is far more likely to be in a combat ship defending what he has helped to build.

The emphasis of the examples is that these are three completely different play styles that are all catered for within the games mechanics and should not be looked down upon just because they are not how you like to play the game. And when changing game mechanics none of them should have their play style ruined just to suit another group.

Ecology

When I look at changes people want to make to the game almost all of the time they never look beyond what benefits it gives themselves. They never look for unintended consequences of the change.

More examples

Someone once said that Hulks should have a much larger cargo bay and 8 strip miners. But all this would do is lower the price of minerals on the market which would lower the price of ships which would lower profits for everyone and mean that they would not have any changes to their isk/he ratio.

No more unscannable ships. One of the many reasons for this was that pirates could not gank mission runners in lowsec/nullsec. Now all that happens is that those mission runners have decreased as they see the danger vs the cost of their ship as to great.
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-02-18 23:09:27 UTC
My proposals.

1. Bounty hunting needs to be changed as at the moment it is pointless. There have been several excellent threads on this already and could allow for Bounty Hunter corps/alliances/Solo bounty hunters which many pvper I know would really like to get into.

2. Creation of PvP arenas in game that can take a range of 1v1 up to 20 v 20 as an example. Endless hours roaming around lowsec looking for people to gank/fight would be changed in an instant. Many people want this feature and it would allow real pvpers to fight each other without, outside interference or PvE vs. pvp fights (gank).

3. Changes to the amount of information available regarding all systems in New Eden just by looking at the map function or outside websites. This will be opposed by the large power blocks of nullsec as it makes for easy ganks/something for them to kill as most of them are blue to each other.

At present a group of highsec/lowsec cannot make a jump of nullsec and try to set up a base of operations without instantly alerting any major alliance nearby who can send down a strike squad to destroy any POSes or activity in the system. This inhibits smaller groups from ever trying their luck in nullsec. The alliance does not even have to sweep the area to find them. They just look on the map look for activity and send out the cavalry. 5 people with a POS cannot hope to fight off 500 so most do not bother.

My proposed changes are. NPC kills are not updated for a week. This give the new players time to get adjusted although they can still be found by random sweeps of the area

4. Potential for new POSes that require a week to scan down but would only have storage for 1-2 ships max, 1-2 build slots limited to ammo and a refiner with a tiny storage area that runs slowly and inefficiently. Some people may object to the above as it will help Bots but you cannot make changes based on bots. They are already here in massive numbers so this will not matter.

5. Creation of an explorer ship for deep nullsec. This is severely lacking and could be corrected if the Proteus was given 5 heavies or the Legion was corrected. Otherwise I propose a nullsec based cloaked ship for exploration. Its only limits will be that it cannot fit a cyno and it can be seen on D-scan even when cloaked so that they cannot be used by AFK cloakers who can use it to hot drop.

If this looks like it is purely a highsec manifesto its because there will be plenty of nullsec and hopefully a lowsec player ready to identify the changes needed to make nullsec a better place.

My intention is to work for highsec in that I do not force anyone out of highsec but make it possible for people to leave for nullsec without being crushed within hours.

About me

My name is John Dulake and when I am not playing EVE online I run my own business with my woman. My next door neighbours are Polish and the couple opposite me are Russians. I am still trying to decide which country has the best vodka. My impossible mission continues
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-02-18 23:16:50 UTC
The current CSM has Trebor, Meissa, Two step and a few others who are not backed by nullsec voting blocs, fyi!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#4 - 2012-02-18 23:18:42 UTC
Don't get me wrong, your queen is hot and all, but players wont fall asleep thinking of her. Need a more uniting queen, your arch enemy mittens had a more uniting queen. Otherwise some good points in there and do wish mining was better, we shall see if drone gets changed to bounties, then hulks get 8 lasers and bigger cargo. Also if hulk got ganked with 8 miners, thats alot of isk for someone to pick up as well. Will octo hulk be well tanked or so?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-02-19 00:17:12 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
Karn Dulake for CSM

This is me ...
Holy scheiße. If that's really you, what the hell do you have your arm around? An android? Some new fangled plastic mannequin? Did it come with a free spatula?
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-02-19 00:22:38 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Karn Dulake wrote:
Karn Dulake for CSM

This is me ...
Holy scheiße. If that's really you, what the hell do you have your arm around? An android? Some new fangled plastic mannequin? Did it come with a free spatula?

Hey thats my women young man. i bet you would not say that about my best friend

Vin Ott
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-02-19 21:38:33 UTC
Friendly cookie bump
Pierced Brosmen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-02-19 22:04:38 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Karn Dulake wrote:
Karn Dulake for CSM

This is me ...

Looks like a RealDoll to me P
Taiwanistan
#9 - 2012-02-20 04:06:09 UTC
i dunno man this guy is pretty creepy if elected who knows what he'll do when in the same room with the mittani
sorry to break it to you but all guidos are disqualified from csm candidacy.

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Jommis
Brothers of Tyr
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-02-20 14:05:47 UTC
Pierced Brosmen wrote:
Karn Dulake wrote:
Karn Dulake for CSM

this is my queen.

Looks like a RealDoll to me P

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-02-20 15:56:54 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
i dunno man this guy is pretty creepy if elected who knows what he'll do when in the same room with the mittani
sorry to break it to you but all guidos are disqualified from csm candidacy.

If im in the same room as Mittans i would generally say hello, perhaps ask him how the the trip out to Iceland was. Maybe ask him if he has seen anything of Iceland on his many visits. Then later we may have a general discussion about the game. Once in a more formal setting we could talk about the ideas that all of us want to be implimented into the game and how it would affect the wider community. Once all of that was over the entire CSM and some CCP employees might all go to the bar for a drink and relax over some gentle banter and reflections on the day.

When it was time to leave we would all say goodbye and wish each other luck and reflect on a productive time spent in Iceland and meeting some good people whose interests we all shared.

What Goons think i would do = i would molest him before i ate his soul. Then i would take photos of his body which i would shoop into highly amusing pictures and then post all over the forums only to get annoyed when my forum privileges were revoked for two weeks.

Taiwanistan
#12 - 2012-02-21 02:39:53 UTC
well ok but you still need to be frisked

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

asidburn Enaka
The 501st Legion
#13 - 2012-03-08 09:02:09 UTC
i just want to let everyone know about this scammer claming to be giving plex for votes dont be caught falling for this scam vote aganist darius III member of interstellar eXodus {IE-EX} they are scaming people pass the word on to everyone you can and vote aganist these undeserving jerks here is a copy of the chat log as proof of there unworthy actions!!!!!!!!

asidburn Enaka > what do i need to do
Darius III > http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=480 go there
Darius III > vote for me then paste the message you got after vote cast into this chat
asidburn Enaka > your vote has been registered. We thank you for your participation.
Darius III > Thanks man
Darius III > that concludes our business
Darius III > Fly safe
asidburn Enaka > and what about the contract
asidburn Enaka > i will have my alliance vote aganist you about 250 people
asidburn Enaka > and then where will you be
asidburn Enaka > send me the contract and i will have them vote for you
asidburn Enaka > this is what we call a test of charecture
Darius III > Have them vote against me
Darius III > Sorry for the ssam
Darius III > But I wouldnt sleep at night if I didnt do everything in my power to make syure that Goons dont ruin this CSM
asidburn Enaka > your an idiot all your going to do is send more votes to the goons
Darius III > not really
Darius III > Goons will win chairman nbo matetr what, doesnt matter
Darius III > nothing can stop them
Darius III > and thats a real shame
asidburn Enaka > well you just lost 243 votes
asidburn Enaka > got 1 lost 243
Darius III > Didnt have them anyway
Darius III > didnt lose anything
Darius III > Just please dont make forum post about me, it would ruin my campaign
asidburn Enaka > not to mentone att the isk spam bans you r about to get
asidburn Enaka > too late
asidburn Enaka > and i just copyed this conv
asidburn Enaka > so i can post
Darius III > You wouldnt dare do it
Darius III > You too lazy anyway
Darius III > I dont have a thing to worry about
asidburn Enaka > haha i play eve 8 hrs a day and im retired all i have is time
Darius III > no lazy bones like you would waste their time. LOL so much for your empty threats LOL

rember i dont care who you vote for just dont voter for the