These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

OFFLINE MODS

First post
Author
Bosie
inFluX.
Good Sax
#1 - 2011-09-07 14:10:39 UTC
"sigh"

yet again the "update" number 3 failed to sort this Ugh

Problems:

1) Module are still offlining after undocking.

2) upon entering station im no longer in the ship i was in nor in a pod (have to reship each time)

3) Sometimes upon entering station i can not pick the ship i was in by right clicking and pressing make active. i have to use the undock button and get told im not in a ship and must select one to undock.

is it just me or anyone els still having problems?
Baron Marbot
Aksarben Outfitters
#2 - 2011-09-08 01:40:24 UTC
Yep - Still happening to me too.Cry
Beer'Can
Aurum Bellators
#3 - 2011-09-08 11:18:29 UTC
Also still having this problem, undocked my vaga today to find some of my highs had gone offline.

Problem is a lot of the time you do not notice it until you are in the middle of a dam fight Evil
Bosie
inFluX.
Good Sax
#4 - 2011-09-08 12:05:14 UTC
Yup, this is my problem

you have to undock, online 1 mod, wait for 95% cap and repeat. sometimes this can take ages and by that time the targets are long gone. so basicly making eve un-playable.

It really sucks big time. fingers crossed for patch number 4! (dont hold you breath)
Svaste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-09-08 18:38:01 UTC
Confirmed. Logged on and was already in a ship I flew last session. Undocked and an expanded cargo II was offline. The ship was a viator and the fit with that module online leaves Power grid 82.5% free and CPU 25.1% free. So it isn't a tight fit by any stretch.
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-09-08 21:46:19 UTC
We were able to track down the issue, which Bosie and Baron Marbot are experiencing. This is an issue with the character itself and this will be fixed soon (hopefully with the next downtime). This issue is happening for a quite low amount of characters. You are probably not affected, if you are correctly in your ship after docking at a station.

Svaste and Beer'Can: I assume you are experiencing a different issue. Could you describe the details a bit better? A bugreport about this would be awesome!

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Svaste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-09-08 22:53:17 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Svaste and Beer'Can: Could you describe the details a bit better?

Sure.

What part of my post was not clear?

I don't want to create a bug rep if it is not clear.
Bosie
inFluX.
Good Sax
#8 - 2011-09-09 14:39:55 UTC
YAY im fixed Big smile

ty ty ty
Baron Marbot
Aksarben Outfitters
#9 - 2011-09-09 18:13:30 UTC
Me too.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#10 - 2011-09-10 00:57:34 UTC
Im still getting offlined modules every time i change my ship in low mid and high
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2011-09-10 13:03:50 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Im still getting offlined modules every time i change my ship in low mid and high

Hi ITTigerClawIK, I could do with a little more info about what you're experiencing please:

Are you saying every single module goes offline, or just some? Is it the same ones each time?
Are you switching ships in space or in station?
Have you applied the latest client update?

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Byshop Kayl
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-09-10 19:59:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Byshop Kayl
Quote:
Are you saying every single module goes offline, or just some?

Anywhere from ONE to ALL, seems random.

Quote:
Is it the same ones each time?

No. Randomly allocated.

Quote:

Switching in station. Sometimes I undock shortly after switching ships, sometimes it's an hour later.

Quote:

Yes, the patch with the notes that says it is supposed to fix the module problem.
This happens about 95% of the time and it doesn't matter which ship I fly, Interceptor to Battleship.

EDIT: My problem is only about the modules offlining themselves.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginitive.-- Anonymous "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.-- A. Einstein

SanZo Fengi
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#13 - 2011-09-12 21:37:44 UTC
Byshop Kayl wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying every single module goes offline, or just some?

Anywhere from ONE to ALL, seems random.

Quote:
Is it the same ones each time?

No. Randomly allocated.

Quote:

Switching in station. Sometimes I undock shortly after switching ships, sometimes it's an hour later.

Quote:

Yes, the patch with the notes that says it is supposed to fix the module problem.
This happens about 95% of the time and it doesn't matter which ship I fly, Interceptor to Battleship.

EDIT: My problem is only about the modules offlining themselves.

THIS is also appliccable to me.

Also has been getting the wonderful message " You have been logged of of audio " even when NOT in a audio channel or fleet/whatever, this message ALWAYS leads to a disconnect a few seconds later and is severly hampering my game enjoyment.
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2011-09-12 22:30:12 UTC
I reproduced one case, which seems to be related to fitting many modules at the same time with drag and drop onto the fitting window. Later this seems to cause modules to go offline, after switching back to this ship.

Would this explain some of your problems? How were your ships fitted initially?

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Svaste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-09-13 01:10:24 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
I reproduced one case, which seems to be related to fitting many modules at the same time with drag and drop onto the fitting window. Later this seems to cause modules to go offline, after switching back to this ship.

I did use drag and drop to change the fit on my ship five minutes maybe before I logged off.

Specifically the ship is a Viator. Like many I carry nanos in the low slots and exp cargo IIs in my cargo. If I need more room I swap a nano for an exp cargo. I needed to move more than I could carry w/o using the exp cargo IIs so I swaped one out for a nano. This left me with two nanos and one exp cargo in the lows. I flew four jumps unloaded my cargo and logged out. When I returned I undocked and noticed the exp cargo was offline.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#16 - 2011-09-13 01:40:37 UTC
Does using the stored fittings get the same results?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Calyse
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-09-13 05:29:55 UTC
Also still having this issue. Docked a Falcon (everything online) and exited the ship, undocked my pod, came back a few minutes later and boarded/undocked the Falcon, discovered a Large Shield Extender, Invuln and a Nano were now offline. Sad

One possible clue: 30mins earlier I had adjusted the fit from being armor tanked, to a nano/shield fit. The offline module slots (1 low, 2 mids) corresponded to the the slots that had been changed. Everything was fine the first time I undocked it, only had the issue after I exited the ship.

The original fit + slot modifications, if it's any help...

[Falcon, Failcon]

1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plate I -------> Nanofiber Internal Structure II (offlined itself)
Signal Distortion Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I -------> Large Shield Extender II (offlined itself)
'Hypnos' Multispectral ECM I --------> Invulnerability Field II (offlined itself)

'Umbra' I White Noise ECM
ECM - Spatial Destabilizer II
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
Expanded Probe Launcher I, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe I

Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I
Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I
Vyktor Abyss
The Abyss Corporation
#18 - 2011-09-13 09:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyktor Abyss
Byshop Kayl wrote:
Issues with random modules offline after undocking

Experiencing the same issue,though seems to be perhaps 1 in 5 times I undock and often only effects 1 module in my case. Strangely it even happened on a ship I had not used since before the 1.1 patch. Oh and I too have all the latest optional patches.

Still also experiencing ammo error messages when switching ammo, where apparently the ammo does not load, until you fire some and it magically becomes he correct ammo.
Katowen
#19 - 2011-09-13 16:25:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Katowen
Even after the patch today, I still get mods that go offline.

I can't reproduce it at will, but one thing that I have noticed is that the mods that go offline are mods I switch out for various missions.

Example of what just happened.

Running lvl 4 mission (Slave Traders w/ Sansha).
Fit a Heat Dissaption Resist Amplifier and a CN Invul field in slot 2 & 3 of mediums.
Leave station and all is fine...Complete mission...Still all fine.
Accept the next mission (which is now Enemies Abound)
Now I switch out those two for CN Kinetics resist amps.
Go check my PI planets (I have six of them on this character) - takes about 10-15 mins (with a smoke break AFK) -- all still docked in station since I know I have six hours to complete my mission I accepted.
Leave station (didn't check for offline mods) but when I jumped systems, I checked for offline mods and both of my Kinetic mods are offline.

So now I'm docked in ANOTHER station to just online my mods and write this.

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED.

Katowen

SanZo Fengi
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#20 - 2011-09-13 22:19:23 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:

All my ships are fitted using saved fit from my personal inventory.
I change nothing, just dock up, undock and 1-3 mods are offline.
VERY frustrating and killing my pvp experience.