These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
 

Fix Rorquals

Author
Evictus.
#1 - 2017-07-26 15:56:36 UTC
Hi, I'm a rorq pilot. I Looked last night at my skills and was contemplating extracting Capital Industrial Ships V

3m skill points isn't a super amount, but I have 2 rorqs that sit in the station doing nothing

By making boosts on grid for rorq all you did was give an advantage to ridiculously overpopulated areas and nerf anyone else

Why would you hurt 90% of the mining population?

I live in prov / catch and almost everyone is a spy , anytime something juicy is undocked reds appear shortly after and I don't even have any desire to use an orca to boost ( Risk vs Reward )

Why cant you do something like make it immune to interdiction spheres or something?
Ushra'Khan
#2 - 2017-07-26 16:06:25 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:
Hi, I'm a rorq pilot. I Looked last night at my skills and was contemplating extracting Capital Industrial Ships V

3m skill points isn't a super amount, but I have 2 rorqs that sit in the station doing nothing

By making boosts on grid for rorq all you did was give an advantage to ridiculously overpopulated areas and nerf anyone else

Why would you hurt 90% of the mining population?

I live in prov / catch and almost everyone is a spy , anytime something juicy is undocked reds appear shortly after and I don't even have any desire to use an orca to boost ( Risk vs Reward )

Why cant you do something like make it immune to interdiction spheres or something?


Welcome to Alts Online.
Sev3rance
#3 - 2017-07-26 16:20:48 UTC
ROFL


fix rorqual

CCP be like..

"but we did dat already"
#4 - 2017-07-26 16:32:26 UTC
Let's make that game-breaking ship that floods the market with minerals, even safer to use! What a great idea!
#5 - 2017-07-26 17:15:00 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:


I live in prov / catch and almost everyone is a spy , anytime something juicy is undocked reds appear shortly after and I don't even have any desire to use an orca to boost ( Risk vs Reward )




so this basically is your answer, your concern is that you live in unsafe space because that is what you chose to do, your super special mining ship is a nice target to people that want to blow things up.

you are sad about that,

you want CCP to fix your ship so you don't have to worry about being blown up and all your nice ship and it's things are not space target.

if you want "SAFER" mining get yourself deep into SOV held space where you have defense fleets and PVP roams to handle the people that want to shoot your nice ship.

maybe one gets thru and still blows up your nice ship.

but at least you have someone else to blame for it .

as a tip i always leave some infected prostitutes in my hull so when they do blow me up, all the STD's infect their warp drives.

Fly ...SAFE?

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

Evictus.
#6 - 2017-07-26 17:24:15 UTC
I say fix because they nerfed it

I'm not going to join goonswarm so I can park my rorq in a colossal cluster, if only goons can use rorqs why have them?

why not delete the ships then?
#7 - 2017-07-26 18:10:42 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:
I say fix because they nerfed it

I'm not going to join goonswarm so I can park my rorq in a colossal cluster, if only goons can use rorqs why have them?

why not delete the ships then?



I'm not meaning to be rude; so just take it for what it is.

don't be so small minded into believing that Goons are the only game in town,

there are plenty of Alliances out there.

Let's not also forget that the Roaq is designed to be used with protection, it is a captial ship designed to be used within the alliance support system, it just so happens people use them solo but not in stupid ways...well sometimes that happens.

your choice to fly it out, in unprotected space and with that, like all things you MUST accept the risks associated with that.

Don't expect the ship to be designed to how you play, figure out how to make the ship work for what you want or fly something else.

this is why i don't AFK drone mine in my orca in a WH because that is a stupid idea and why would i expect CCP to make an orca good for that task.

I mine in something that i have already sold myself that i'm going to lose...why because i undocked it.

Cheers,

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

Sev3rance
#8 - 2017-07-26 20:56:47 UTC
Kosomot wrote:
Spank mehard wrote:
I say fix because they nerfed it

I'm not going to join goonswarm so I can park my rorq in a colossal cluster, if only goons can use rorqs why have them?

why not delete the ships then?



I'm not meaning to be rude; so just take it for what it is.

don't be so small minded into believing that Goons are the only game in town,

there are plenty of Alliances out there.

Let's not also forget that the Roaq is designed to be used with protection, it is a captial ship designed to be used within the alliance support system, it just so happens people use them solo but not in stupid ways...well sometimes that happens.

your choice to fly it out, in unprotected space and with that, like all things you MUST accept the risks associated with that.

Don't expect the ship to be designed to how you play, figure out how to make the ship work for what you want or fly something else.

this is why i don't AFK drone mine in my orca in a WH because that is a stupid idea and why would i expect CCP to make an orca good for that task.

I mine in something that i have already sold myself that i'm going to lose...why because i undocked it.

Cheers,



I disagree, the rorq is a indy cap ship, which somehow got mixed into combat pvp like meta's due to its various fittings which made it an OP COMBAT CAP SHIP!.. ccp seems to not understand how the demand of minerals works and the use of rorqs for their intended primary use.. which is to boost miner's and also mine abit. this change to her has effected various regions where pilots are no longer able to use this expensive ship which in turn causes imbalances across certain regions.. and yes he said goons cause it was them fielding up to 30 rorqs and mining safely where as many others are not even able to get 10 mins worth of mining in..

ccp needs to rethink how they screwed up this ship.
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2017-07-27 11:17:19 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:
Why would you hurt 90% of the mining population?

I wonder where people get these figures all of the time. Sometimes it's 90%, sometimes even 99%. Oh boy, those blue null blobs must be really tiny.
Serrice Council.
#10 - 2017-07-27 15:46:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Oshidashi
Your problem is you live in very unsafe space. If you like null sec, freedom, transparency, no obligations and a corp thats not super big but has specialists in every area, including 2 FC's in 2 timezones, I would be delighted to have you in oir corp!

I won't say its completely safe here, as we lost our first rorq recently (after half a year) to achtung partizanen and Pandemic Legion when they decided to drop supers in one of our systems. But our members who have been part of some of the very big alliances always point out they prefer a little danger over total safety, for reasons of fun)

Check our public channel on the bottom of our corp bio or contact me if youre interested.
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2017-07-27 15:55:14 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:

I live in prov / catch and almost everyone is a spy


so maybe, just maybe its not a problem with the ship itself but with the alliance you are part of?
#12 - 2017-07-27 16:15:10 UTC
Ebony Texas wrote:
Kosomot wrote:
Spank mehard wrote:
I say fix because they nerfed it

I'm not going to join goonswarm so I can park my rorq in a colossal cluster, if only goons can use rorqs why have them?

why not delete the ships then?



I'm not meaning to be rude; so just take it for what it is.

don't be so small minded into believing that Goons are the only game in town,

there are plenty of Alliances out there.

Let's not also forget that the Roaq is designed to be used with protection, it is a captial ship designed to be used within the alliance support system, it just so happens people use them solo but not in stupid ways...well sometimes that happens.

your choice to fly it out, in unprotected space and with that, like all things you MUST accept the risks associated with that.

Don't expect the ship to be designed to how you play, figure out how to make the ship work for what you want or fly something else.

this is why i don't AFK drone mine in my orca in a WH because that is a stupid idea and why would i expect CCP to make an orca good for that task.

I mine in something that i have already sold myself that i'm going to lose...why because i undocked it.

Cheers,



I disagree, the rorq is a indy cap ship, which somehow got mixed into combat pvp like meta's due to its various fittings which made it an OP COMBAT CAP SHIP!.. ccp seems to not understand how the demand of minerals works and the use of rorqs for their intended primary use.. which is to boost miner's and also mine abit. this change to her has effected various regions where pilots are no longer able to use this expensive ship which in turn causes imbalances across certain regions.. and yes he said goons cause it was them fielding up to 30 rorqs and mining safely where as many others are not even able to get 10 mins worth of mining in..

ccp needs to rethink how they screwed up this ship.


I totally get that, however this functionality wound up with the panic button, and fleets, and that is a manipulation of that,

I think CCP // Community does get how much influence the Roaq has on the mineral market, and considering that goons represent the bulk of the incoming mineral volume into Jita from Delve, i get the comparison.

That said, the modifications of lowering yields to regulate the flow of minerals was designed to keep the market stable, and not eliminate the lower volumes provided by high sec miners,

like anything the Roaq has many options, however it is designed to be a vessel for mining operations for large corporations and/or alliance mining ops.

i'm not sure how you propose that be fixed from it's current configuration, with out causing a problem in the market place.

-Can't make it more tanky, because that just creates a problem where it is a stronger combat vessel.
-Remove // Nerf Panic button - PVP'ers rejoice, there was a change that affected the panic button but the exact nature of it eludes me at the momemt.
-boost yields, no thanks market is bad enough
-reduce yeilds ? i think it's pretty good right now, solo mining in a roaq is pretty good

remove the risk from flying it in unsafe space - no thanks not ever.

I think the fact that goons can field 30 Roaqs and mine safely, is testament to the security they provide their mining fleets, don't confuse this with i'm pro goon cause i'm not, I'm not anything goon for or against, they are just an element of the game.

let's rmember that the roaq as a capital ship was never designed to be a solo vessel, it just so happens there is so much isk floating around that we can do that.

if you undock a roaq and go mine, in an area that is high risk and not have the protection you need for when the nasties come to play that is not CCP's fault at creating a ship that can't handle that, it's the pilots.

We don't complain about Orca's getting ganked in high // low sec that the orca is not safe enough you know why....
it's supposed to happen, the mechanics of the game allow it.

Battle Roaq is fine, Mining Thanny is fine, both are stupid IMHO however EVE allows for such things, not like they are exploting anything.

if you want to disassemble your Roaq and bring it to a wh, look us up. Again i don't know why you would but we seem to like risky behaviour.

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

Working Stiffs
#13 - 2017-07-27 20:14:27 UTC
Ebony Texas wrote:
ROFL


fix rorqual

CCP be like..

"but we did dat already"

The Rorqual has been fixed much like a pet is fixed (neutered).
Caldari State
#14 - 2017-07-28 06:22:08 UTC
Spank mehard wrote:
I live in prov / catch


You just need better security. Providence is targeted for disruption by many very skilled groups of destroyers. You have to be a better gatherer than they are destroyers, in some sense. They organize and gang up on you. Well, organize and gang up on them. Trap them. Trick them. Deceive them. Tire them. Bore them. Make their ships explode and laugh in their face when THEY fail . . . and when YOU fail. Make them not have fun when they try to use you as target practice. Right now you're just crying "uncle".

They don't want you or Providence to succeed. Resist or die.
Ivy League
#15 - 2017-07-28 12:16:24 UTC
HALP! any time I try to mine in amamake in my venture I get blown up! obviously the problem is that the venture is under-powered and needs to be given an invulnerability field that would let me mine in complete safety!
Evictus.
#16 - 2017-08-03 13:04:00 UTC
Bump for all the rorqs out there that stay docked 24/7

Even compression is obsolete with citadels

Those poor rorqs
Forum Jump