These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
 

Blood Agent burner - getting creamed in spite of guides and skills

Author
The Larold
This is an anagram of itself.
#1 - 2017-07-26 14:57:49 UTC
I've tried the Blood agent burner mission a few times now, and am getting my *ss handed to me.

I am confident my skills aren't the problem.

I've closely followed Anize's blitzing guide here and also studied this guy's experience.

One very frustrating thing is that I would overheat my cap charger, only to notice 1-2 cycles later that overheat got turned OFF somehow, on the cap charger which didn't help matters. But regardless, I kept my armor rep on OH, it couldn't keep up. Even with cap charger and armor rep overheated, things kept going offline due to cap drain and cap charger not being able to keep up.

I don't get it. My first attempt I got about 1/2 through NPC's armor. Second time maybe 10% if I was lucky. Was using the arbalest for extra DPS.

One thing I haven't tried yet is using the NOS in place of the arbalest, but is that honestly going to make a huge difference? Is it going to be enough to keep mods from going off-line? Do I just suck at capacitor management?

Is there any consistent way to kill this burner by keeping outside of its capactior warfare range?

Anize's guide is all about optimizing time, but I'll trade 1-2 minutes of inefficiency for being able to actually complete this mission.

Recommendations? Is this one of the tougher burner agent missions, or am I just not getting a key concept here?
Caterpil
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2017-07-26 16:08:46 UTC
I use a fit almost identical to the Wolf "A.5. Wolf – Blood Agent" in the guide which you linked except I use the compact version of he webifier. It hasn't failed me yet, and I've used it to run near 50 cruor burner mission.

In my experience, yes, the nos is essential for the fit. It will allow you to perma-run the web which, in turn is essential to apply damage and break through his tank. This is how I approach the mission:

- On warp in, Keep the burner at range 100km, I find that this minimizes his transversal more effectively than approaching him.
- Activate nos, web and guns on the burner
- Web might deactivate, however once re-activated it shouldn't turn off again if you manage to synchronize it to the nos cycle.
- Once armor drops to ~70% overheat the armor repper and activate the cap booster.
- Reactivate the repper (heated) if it deactivates before the second charge of the cap booster is used.
- Keep repping as long as you have cap, this should bring you back to around 90-100% after both cap booster charges are used.
- Repeat repping procedure whenever you hit 70% armor
- Once the cruor hits ~20% armor then overheat the guns, anything more and you risk burning out before it dies.

It is certainly the most time-consuming of the single-pirate burner missions but far from the toughest in my opinion.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#3 - 2017-07-26 16:20:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
why dont you use zekir´s ...or was it from zarek? med cap build ?

[Wolf, huehue cap build]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer

'Censer' Medium Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

its documented well min. 3 threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2sDEE1bs0
The Larold
This is an anagram of itself.
#4 - 2017-07-26 18:23:40 UTC  |  Edited by: The Larold
Ploing wrote:
why dont you use zekir´s ...or was it from zarek? med cap build ?

[Wolf, huehue cap build]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer

'Censer' Medium Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

its documented well min. 3 threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2sDEE1bs0


Thanks.

FYI, I don't think the fit in the video matches the fit you posted above. However, the video _definitely_ works well, so I'm going to see if can read through the blur what mods he has fitted.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#5 - 2017-07-26 19:02:51 UTC
no i grabbed the first YT Video i found about that.




Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#6 - 2017-07-27 02:51:06 UTC
I fully recommend the cap stable fit it's all of a 5 dps difference, totally worth it to take all the micro management out of the fight. Warp in lock the burner, keep range, turn on all the mods, and go get a drink. If it's still alive when you get back turn the heat on the guns. I usually turn on the heat when it his ~30% armor, get consistent kills before my guns burn out.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

The Larold
This is an anagram of itself.
#7 - 2017-07-27 13:06:21 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I fully recommend the cap stable fit it's all of a 5 dps difference, totally worth it to take all the micro management out of the fight. Warp in lock the burner, keep range, turn on all the mods, and go get a drink. If it's still alive when you get back turn the heat on the guns. I usually turn on the heat when it his ~30% armor, get consistent kills before my guns burn out.


Taking the cap management out of the equation sounds perfect, but I have a silly question. Which fit are you referring to?
The Larold
This is an anagram of itself.
#8 - 2017-07-27 14:09:30 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I fully recommend the cap stable fit it's all of a 5 dps difference, totally worth it to take all the micro management out of the fight. Warp in lock the burner, keep range, turn on all the mods, and go get a drink. If it's still alive when you get back turn the heat on the guns. I usually turn on the heat when it his ~30% armor, get consistent kills before my guns burn out.


The fit in the video linked above. seems to be cap-stable, so I'm going to try for this one.

I'm legally blind though and could use some help deciphering the mods being used. This is my best attempt:

---
4x 200mm autocannons, loaded with Hail S. (Although I may try Fusion S according to Anize's guide.)
A rocket launcher II

Stasis Web II
Censer Medium Cap Battery <- The secret sauce I'm guessing

??? Corpii A-Type Small Armor Rep
??? Centii A-Type Thermal Plating
2x Gyrostabs
Micro Aux Power Core II

2x Cap Control Circuit II's
---

Now, I loaded stuff into PyFa, and before any rigs, it says I'm cap stable. I don't believe it. :)

I'll go to do this purchase in-game and see what the fitting tool tells me. But, IF this is cap stable so far, do I fit resist rigs or damage rigs? And can I get away with inexpensive T1 rigs?

Thanks!!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#9 - 2017-07-27 21:49:41 UTC
The fit Ploing Posted. You need something like 75% cap stable to have enough cap to stay stable with the blood nos on you, I think it's an extra 12-13 cap/s.

I use a coreli a-type small armor Repairer as it is cheaper than the centii or corpii reps. but AFAIK the centii and corpii reps work with max cap skills.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#10 - 2017-07-27 22:29:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
The Larold wrote:


I'll go to do this purchase in-game and see what the fitting tool tells me. But, IF this is cap stable so far, do I fit resist rigs or damage rigs? And can I get away with inexpensive T1 rigs?

Thanks!!


the original fit was with 2x Cap Control Circuit II's. i swapped a ccc for a resist rig because i dont use one in the lows.
do not use T1 rigs. maybe it works with 2 T1 ccc but dont know.
mine looks like

[Wolf, huehue cap build]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer

'Censer' Medium Cap Battery
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II


btw the angel base vigilant can also made more or less capstable the same way, but with a large battery.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2017-07-29 15:23:09 UTC
The Larold wrote:

The fit in the video linked above. seems to be cap-stable, so I'm going to try for this one.

I'm legally blind though and could use some help deciphering the mods being used. This is my best attempt:

---
4x 200mm autocannons, loaded with Hail S. (Although I may try Fusion S according to Anize's guide.)
A rocket launcher II

Stasis Web II
Censer Medium Cap Battery <- The secret sauce I'm guessing

??? Corpii A-Type Small Armor Rep
??? Centii A-Type Thermal Plating
2x Gyrostabs
Micro Aux Power Core II

2x Cap Control Circuit II's
---

Now, I loaded stuff into PyFa, and before any rigs, it says I'm cap stable. I don't believe it. :)

I'll go to do this purchase in-game and see what the fitting tool tells me. But, IF this is cap stable so far, do I fit resist rigs or damage rigs? And can I get away with inexpensive T1 rigs?

Thanks!!

Everything is correct in the fit you listed except for the Thermal Plating, according to the video, it's Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating, not Centii. Also the Autocannons and Gyrostabilizers are Tech II which you probably forgot to designate in your post.


DMC

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#12 - 2017-07-29 21:35:39 UTC
with the a-type plating all the stats are the same so they can be used interchangeably. It can be useful to shop around to get the lowest price. Deadspace gear often has surprisingly large swings in prices for comparable modules.

And Ploing's second fit looks pretty decent, it just looks like it costs a bit more, the slight dps boost looks useful, although of the net effect as it also drops to a 55% web.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-07-30 03:00:39 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
with the a-type plating all the stats are the same so they can be used interchangeably. It can be useful to shop around to get the lowest price. Deadspace gear often has surprisingly large swings in prices for comparable modules.

Thanks, didn't realize that was the case for that type of module. What about fitting requirements ? I know that after module tericide, some modules in the same class have different fitting costs while their bonus attribute stats remained identical.


DMC
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#14 - 2017-07-30 04:26:43 UTC
afaik they are the same, all platings are 0 cpu 1 pg so its a somewhat boring example. I believe all deadspace armor resist mods also share stats along with meta levels. Although at the faction level there are some variations on strength. Also with the price variations sometimes it can be cheaper to buy a stronger hardener, I shop around every time I'm buying deadspace fittings.

Where shield resist mods are a bit different between pith and gist versions, pith is stronger but uses more cap. And with MWDs the core and gist lines have differences in fittings and cap use that extends to the faction lines too.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter