These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
5 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

CCP has given up on EVE online, Stop giving them your money

Author
#1 - 2017-07-07 22:00:40 UTC  |  Edited by: manus
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.
Caldari State
#2 - 2017-07-07 22:20:26 UTC
To be honest I don't even log in to skill update and this account is an alpha.
Sev3rance
#3 - 2017-07-07 22:27:00 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.



what ever CCP does and does not do.. is at fault of its own community that allowed them to work this way.. so in all honesty... its your fault, my fault and new Eden's own fault.

I look at it like this..

yes! im paying ccp to watch them kill this game.. which they are not doing.. matter of fact.. eve online is one of the toughest mmo's out there in its own market.. some can handle the heat some can not... maybe you're the latter.. but to all of us hardcore fans that love to hate this game and stick around and see it burn.. I send out a salute to you all.

o7

the best ship is friendship.. that's what keeps us around.. remember that homeboy...

peace
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2017-07-07 23:08:03 UTC
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-07-08 00:20:25 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2017-07-08 00:46:15 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC


You are correct it does not matter with you or I think. It's also a matter of perspective, and some just feel the need to say something.

Like complaining on the forums really does any good, and the sparing of opinions doesn't either.

BTW, your stats don't have a time lag like the ops. Now if you would have posted the original comment, I would not have questioned where it was coming from.
#7 - 2017-07-08 06:54:24 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC


The "Great Malaise"™ started in late 2014.

If Eve was still balls to the wall SOV would have been "fixed" by removing all SOV mechanics and letting the players sort it out.


Bring back DEEEEP Space!

#8 - 2017-07-08 06:57:36 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.



Wow this was published today


And... maybe there is too much balance. It's becoming a dirty word around here.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Limited Expectations
#9 - 2017-07-08 10:28:30 UTC
Oh it's that guy again.
Caldari State
#10 - 2017-07-08 10:35:23 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.


LOL, This is so stupid I don't even know where to begin with this statement

I refuse to belive this

> CCP's New Expansion, Respawn Expansion

Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-07-08 11:25:57 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC


>Whines about nefs

>Mining ships and ratting brings in more ISK than ever.

Ok rorquals have been scaled back down again but they are still superior to the old mining ships
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-07-08 12:04:31 UTC
manus wrote:
Hi there,

Please stop supporting CCP, they have given up on EVE online.

The reason i know this is because they only focus on Ship rebalance which is boring and they only do it to give the impression that somthing changes. Oh and they also tend to slip in a new skin or special edition ship here and then. Its pathetic. Please stop giving them money.


I am 6 months here, and simply loving it, I see only wonderful stuff here, and nothing to cry about. Thank God this is an exclusive game club where you actually have to pay so that you actually get some quality stuff in return.
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-07-08 12:12:35 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC
I first played this game at 2004. Then somewhere between 2009-2017 I have stopped playing. Right now I have account open, but I cannot play longer than hour or so. It's just boring. There have been long periods where I haven't had a single active account. I have tried all different playstyles that I can imagine. Just not the game that it used to be even that it's much prettier than it was back then.

I would say that it's time to pull the plug and move on. Create a new game. Perhaps with better physics. The user interface is ok. I do not want to buy Ch fightersticks and stuff to command a space ship. I would love to see a EVE like game, but with realistic physics and deep immersion.

Right now the immersion level in this game is zero. Everything is known. There is no exploration since everything is known via different third party tools. But if you look at the big picture in our real universe, actually very little is known.

It was stupid to open up the data from the game. Third party tools are one major reasons why this game is so boring.

The lore is the reason why I still have open account. And the memories from the nullsec fights that do not exist anymore.

Micropayment Online is boring.
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2017-07-08 12:20:37 UTC
In before the thread lock
Caldari State
#15 - 2017-07-08 12:39:23 UTC
They just need to come up with good ideas - like few years back when they introduced wormholes.

Citadels and other new structures was a big project, but they've slowed down the pace lately, focusing on other things like microtransactions, PLEX vault, mini injectors etc...

Null sec is the biggest wheel in the engine and they need to stir the water there...People have been suggesting all kind of things, like shifting valuable resources. Players should get out of their fortresses and actually fight for something. Too many assets, wallets full, little activity...I include myself, but imma do something about it soon when I have more free time. Big smile
EVIAN NATION
#16 - 2017-07-08 14:04:50 UTC
No they don't, all this whining is just players who have zero patience or want get rich quick crap

Go pick a fight, build a huge corp / alliance go take on the big boys

stop whining about it

CCP Please Don't Do This..

The Respawn Expansion

Caldari State
#17 - 2017-07-08 14:34:47 UTC
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?


Care to explain how you came to learn all their accounts and alts?

All you can see is this one character, and you judged someone on that one character. Without a second thought of if they have any alts.

You sir fail at understanding the basic concept of EVE and are completely unaware of how this game truly operates.
Caldari State
#18 - 2017-07-08 14:49:10 UTC  |  Edited by: u3pog
The Devils Cousin wrote:
No they don't, all this whining is just players who have zero patience or want get rich quick crap

Go pick a fight, build a huge corp / alliance go take on the big boys

stop whining about it


So every different opinion is now marked as a "whining". I guess you haven't seen one of those CCPlease threads...

"Build a huge corp" - you say it like it's a done deal, all the freelancers out there just waiting for the messiah. So tell me what's your big plan to do with the recruits? Splash like a fly on a windshield? Why haven't you done it already? I have. I have fought the big guys and it was fun, but with a 0 consequences. You cannot stir the ocean with a pebble. All you can do is tease. Or join another big alliance that still does not want to fight.

Don't get me wrong, I do not support what OP says - I hope the game flourishes and get more players. I have been playing it for years and will continue to do so, I just pointed out few topics which were problematic in my humble opinion. That's what the forums are for.

If what you're saying is CCP should not do anything, but observe, then they shouldn't have touched the game since 2005 when they introduced capital ships, but they do. Wormholes, Fozziesov, mining changes, and many more that affected null and EVE in general.
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2017-07-08 16:11:52 UTC
Marek Kanenald wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC


>Whines about nefs

>Mining ships and ratting brings in more ISK than ever.

Ok rorquals have been scaled back down again but they are still superior to the old mining ships

You obviously have no clue what I'm talking about and it definitely wasn't directed towards Mining ships. I've been an active member of this community since 6-2008 and I've seen most everything in this game get nerfed and placed on easy mode.

Hell, there's no more 'specialized' career paths available, ships and modules have been 're-balanced' so much that it's now become a continuous cycle of nerfs. Loot drop tables have been messed with for so long that they're almost nonexistent. ISK rewards from Agent missions have never been increased since their introduction into the game. Other aspects of the game have also been neglected due to CCP's constant cash grab with MT stuff.

It goes on and on, there's just way too many things to list and I've got much better things to do with my time.


DMC
#20 - 2017-07-08 16:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vanessa Celtis
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Marek Kanenald wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eleanor Roscommon wrote:
two things:

1, from you stats, you don't spend much time on eve, so that means you haven't a clue of what CCP has done in all their updates.

2, from your stats, you have been around eve since 2004, so you do know about all the updates.

well, three things,

born in 2004, first forum post in 2012, you're an alt hiding behind a bitter vet, and it would be embarrassing for you to post with your real alt with such a comment.

either way, just to pick out one update, from all the updates that EVE has received, doesn't mean CCP has given up on EVE online.

Wow, how did you even come to that conclusion?



Well, you can look at my stats and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you, I or anybody else thinks.

However I am inclined to somewhat agree with the OP.

Within the past few years the Dev's haven't really done too much other than nerf the hell out of this game and milk the players for more money while trying to force players to do what they want, which is destroy everything, thus hopefully inciting players to spend even more money to replace what was destroyed.


DMC


>Whines about nefs

>Mining ships and ratting brings in more ISK than ever.

Ok rorquals have been scaled back down again but they are still superior to the old mining ships

You obviously have no clue what I'm talking about and it definitely wasn't directed towards Mining ships. I've been an active member of this community since 6-2008 and I've seen most everything in this game get nerfed and placed on easy mode.

Hell, there's no more 'specialized' career paths available, ships and modules have been 're-balanced' so much that it's now become a continuous cycle of nerfs. Loot drop tables have been messed with for so long that they're almost nonexistent. ISK rewards from Agent missions have never been increased since their introduction into the game. Other aspects of the game have also been neglected due to CCP's constant cash grab with MT stuff.

It goes on and on, there's just way too many things to list and I've got much better things to do with my time.


DMC


Unfortunately you are right. This is because CCP introduces bigger and bigger and bigger structures into the game and in order to afford and use them players need stability, not war. Improving simple missions PVE is obviously not part of CCP agenda, unfortunately, and providing new content to solo players neither. Equalizing the forces (aka nerfing) creates stability and is good for business but bad for quick fun. This game is becoming a political arena, simple PvP is still very possible and easy to find, but it's no longer at the top of the food chain; the solo PvP'er roaming around new Eden inflicting fear to large alliances looks like a joke.

The last step in this downfall spiral is selling out to EA. I just hope it won't happen.
5 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump