These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
2 Pages12Next page
 

Eve = Safe

Author
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2017-06-29 18:29:45 UTC
let me cut straight to the chase.

Eve is a safe place.

I won't bore you with anecdotes etc.

I am looking for suggestions, no matter how ridiculous, to help make Eve unsafe again.

just think of your surroundings and think of what would really mess up said surroundings if X would happen.




Lets Make Eve Grimey Again.

Founder of the soon-to-be Legendary Tournament series -=DESTRUCTION DERPY=- Are you up for the challenge? Join our ingame channel Destruction Derpy today!

Another Really Stupid Enterprise
#2 - 2017-06-29 18:42:08 UTC
No local.
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2017-06-29 20:05:15 UTC
Melissa Buto wrote:
No local.


Sadly, we, as players, have no way to abolish local chat at will.

It's more productive to discuss what sorts of emergent content might make EVE less safe, since the devs clearly have no interest in helping this effort out with game mechanics.
#4 - 2017-06-29 20:30:45 UTC
Smartbomb every undock

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2017-06-29 23:43:28 UTC
Syeed Ameer Ali wrote:
Melissa Buto wrote:
No local.


Sadly, we, as players, have no way to abolish local chat at will.

It's more productive to discuss what sorts of emergent content might make EVE less safe, since the devs clearly have no interest in helping this effort out with game mechanics.


This is indeed my aim, to see what we as a playerbase can do to liberate each other of that claustrophobic experience called "safety".

Founder of the soon-to-be Legendary Tournament series -=DESTRUCTION DERPY=- Are you up for the challenge? Join our ingame channel Destruction Derpy today!

#6 - 2017-06-29 23:53:22 UTC
Variable system security status.

Yeah yeah, stop laughing, I know it'll never happen.

Or...instead of Sansha Incursions, make a hisec system lowsec for 1-6 hours, pick the system at random, happens 4 times a day.

Yeah, CCP will never do it.

Let capitals back into hisec.

..........nahhh, they won't go for it.

Bring back mines?

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

#7 - 2017-06-30 10:34:52 UTC
Smart bombing fleets to smartbomb gates, burn not only jita but every trade hub 2x times a week at random days and times.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-06-30 20:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol epoch
Saeger1737 wrote:
Smart bombing fleets to smartbomb gates, burn not only jita but every trade hub 2x times a week at random days and times.


Good idea but unfortunately nobody can be concerned or bothered with anything remotely like doing something it seems!

Are those station camping people! You know the ones who demand you can't go here or there and say who you can or can't take into your corp/Alliance! Are they doing anything as They seem to have gone quiet!

A little bird told me there is some turmoil going on!
#9 - 2017-07-01 07:09:16 UTC
The ability to bribe CONCORD, or at least try. The bigger the bribe the more likely CONCORD gets "lost" on the way to the scene of the crime. If you screw up the bribe, or get the wrong cop, you get heavy fines.

This seems like it has the potential to generate content.

Every alt I own has a red safety, this has brought my friends much laughter.

#10 - 2017-07-01 08:19:30 UTC
Do a out of the blue 24hr purge and make LS/HS have the same game mechanics as WH/0.0 in this period
#11 - 2017-07-01 11:19:24 UTC
Sol epoch wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Smart bombing fleets to smartbomb gates, burn not only jita but every trade hub 2x times a week at random days and times.


Good idea but unfortunately nobody can be concerned or bothered with anything remotely like doing something it seems!

Are those station camping people! You know the ones who demand you can't go here or there and say who you can or can't take into your corp/Alliance! Are they doing anything as They seem to have gone quiet!

A little bird told me there is some turmoil going on!

Wouldn't know, little birds and grapevines have been rambling off a ton of stuff the last week... Egos are getting slammed.

But we could smartbomb them too

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-07-01 17:08:23 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
Sol epoch wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Smart bombing fleets to smartbomb gates, burn not only jita but every trade hub 2x times a week at random days and times.


Good idea but unfortunately nobody can be concerned or bothered with anything remotely like doing something it seems!

Are those station camping people! You know the ones who demand you can't go here or there and say who you can or can't take into your corp/Alliance! Are they doing anything as They seem to have gone quiet!

A little bird told me there is some turmoil going on!

Wouldn't know, little birds and grapevines have been rambling off a ton of stuff the last week... Egos are getting slammed.

But we could smartbomb them too



Good point!
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#13 - 2017-07-01 18:14:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Agondray
Jagd Wilde wrote:
The ability to bribe CONCORD, or at least try. The bigger the bribe the more likely CONCORD gets "lost" on the way to the scene of the crime. If you screw up the bribe, or get the wrong cop, you get heavy fines.

This seems like it has the potential to generate content.



I can see people dumping a lot of isk, therefore deleting isk from the game by doing this.

Edit: idea is the bribe is around to 1 to 2 times the cost of the ship

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

#14 - 2017-07-03 13:26:55 UTC
Yeah, folks have already suggested being able to 'wardec' individual pilots. Especially the ones that hide in NPC corps.

CCP said something about breaking the game, or something like that.

Roll

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Amarr Empire
#15 - 2017-07-05 20:40:46 UTC
So something a little more reasonable, I think CCP should greatly reduce the amount of isk that is generated through bounties in high sec and replace it with loot that would have to be scooped in order to convert npc kills into profit. The reason that this is relevant is that carebears are much more likely to shoot a thief if the thief is taking something that is actually valuable.
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2017-07-05 21:22:43 UTC
Also If you're looking something that we as players could do: 30-40 man destroyer fleet in SOE mission hubs to suicide gank mission runners because not enough of this is happening.
Caldari State
#17 - 2017-07-06 01:33:19 UTC
A poster named "derp", and a poster named "hellokitty" walk into a played out decades old meme-bar.

The use-netter says "Can I get you guys some fresh ideas for disparaging online players?"

The posters say "We want EvE to be less safe!"

The use-netter says "I got this Risk, if you'd like to..."

The posters interrupt quickly "No no no... Sorry. Less safe for the other people! Not for us, man. We want it less safe in Hi-Sec. Specifically for the people we kill. Cause filthcasulcarebearskrubtears. You know?"

The use-netter shows them the NuForums.
No Better Options
#18 - 2017-07-06 11:07:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Manwithdog
All four empires need to be separated by lowsec, No High sec Routes what so ever .
That should shake things up in high sec at least, maby the same for 0.0 , no 0.0 to highsec routes , lowsec has to
provide a buffer there too


Please be gentle with criticism , im special
#19 - 2017-07-06 15:14:53 UTC
Been suggested, been shot down.

About the only time hisec has been interesting was when Lumi went low for the DUST 514 event where the Caldy Titan was killed.

Much fun.....Lol

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Caldari State
#20 - 2017-07-07 03:14:12 UTC
Derp Durrr wrote:
let me cut straight to the chase.

Eve is a safe place.

I won't bore you with anecdotes etc.

I am looking for suggestions, no matter how ridiculous, to help make Eve unsafe again.

just think of your surroundings and think of what would really mess up said surroundings if X would happen.




Lets Make Eve Grimey Again.



I believe you might be interested in a game that is still under development.

It has a working title of "Invisible Suburban Rooftop Sniper".

2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump