These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

About The Civilization Living at the Barnard's Star

Author
LordOdysseus
The Illuminatii
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#1 - 2017-06-10 21:55:05 UTC
I just learned about a civilization,similar to us humans,living at the Barnard's Star solar system. I want to know your opinion and what do you make of it.

Video
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#2 - 2017-06-11 00:55:32 UTC
LordOdysseus wrote:
I just learned about a civilization,similar to us humans,living at the Barnard's Star solar system. I want to know your opinion and what do you make of it.

Video




Interesting.

We have to come up with some means of getting there.


What's our sublight travel capability looking like these days?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#3 - 2017-06-11 06:28:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Is he high? I think he is. He is weirdly xcited. And not specific, like he would give a horoscope to somebody. Ask about the writing system and melodies, specific methodical systems, religion, myths. I think he dont have as much imagination to give something like that to you, from whatever "aether" he takes this info. Blink

As for the otherwordly civilizations, I was thinking about them for some time and I think evoution would have to take the same turns to finish with human like creatures with human like culture. Its fairly easy to fake the civilization, but it still its hard to make something useful and working when you dont have wisdom how it all works.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#4 - 2017-06-11 12:18:46 UTC
They sound like a bunch of pushovers. We should invade.
Yiole Gionglao
#5 - 2017-06-11 16:28:14 UTC
Critical questioning 101.

When facing extraordinary claims, always ask yourself:

- how do they know?
- how do they know that they are right?
- how do they know that they aren't wrong?

Failure to answer succesfully any of these three questions means that there is a high chance that the claim is either wrong or false.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#6 - 2017-06-11 19:55:09 UTC
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Critical questioning 101.

When facing extraordinary claims, always ask yourself:

- how do they know?
- how do they know that they are right?
- how do they know that they aren't wrong?

Failure to answer succesfully any of these three questions means that there is a high chance that the claim is either wrong or false.

1 telepathy
2 it was showed to him
3 see nr. 2

😄
LordOdysseus
The Illuminatii
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#7 - 2017-06-12 14:18:39 UTC
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Critical questioning 101.

When facing extraordinary claims, always ask yourself:

- how do they know?
- how do they know that they are right?
- how do they know that they aren't wrong?

Failure to answer succesfully any of these three questions means that there is a high chance that the claim is either wrong or false.


Who is Darryl Anka?

Who is Bashar?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#8 - 2017-06-12 15:57:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I knew it was telepathy without knowing anything about the guy and his methods. These people are not really imaginative. They just have a bunch of stories, a composition made from their own experiences with culture.

If someone would build a working warp engine when having only basic knowledge about physics, I would assume it was all a doing of extraterrestial creatures that made him do it.
Yiole Gionglao
#9 - 2017-06-12 20:26:01 UTC
LordOdysseus wrote:
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Critical questioning 101.

When facing extraordinary claims, always ask yourself:

- how do they know?
- how do they know that they are right?
- how do they know that they aren't wrong?

Failure to answer succesfully any of these three questions means that there is a high chance that the claim is either wrong or false.


Who is Darryl Anka?

Who is Bashar?


34 years of technology have taken us from this to this, and for a quarter of the price.

Science. It works, bitches.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Yiole Gionglao
#10 - 2017-06-12 20:28:23 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
I knew it was telepathy without knowing anything about the guy and his methods. These people are not really imaginative. They just have a bunch of stories, a composition made from their own experiences with culture.

If someone would build a working warp engine when having only basic knowledge about physics, I would assume it was all a doing of extraterrestial creatures that made him do it.


Yeah, that's part of the problem, these guys are pretty lame storymakers. In terms of creativity, they're a couple of steps below literary critics...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Mike Adoulin
Adolescent Radioactive Pirate Hamsters
#11 - 2017-06-21 06:05:03 UTC
I se the greatest discovery in human history has been announced on the EVE-O forums.

Straight

Idiotic moonbats, I swear.

Roll

If, supposedly, we actually detected a non-human civilization at, of all places, Barnard's Star.......

Well, we could send a laser message and wave hello, I suppose.

That would be about all we could do.

Unless they had Magical Star Trek Handwavium Tech, that would be about all they could do as well.

And with light speed delay, assuming there were no translation problems, it would be a...pretty long conversation.

As for actually GOING there......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHohwaityerserious.

We can't even go back to the Moon and you..........

sigh.

Roll

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.