These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
 

New (=old) mirror for Singularity - 2016-06-02

First post First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2017-05-31 11:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hey!

We need to apply the last mirror again to Singularity to properly test a DB update (the update which caused the long downtimes two weeks ago). This is to avoid extra risk for the next release on Tranquility.
This is basically a roll-back of the state on Singularity by two weeks. We understand that this will bring some pain and we are not doing this lightly - but in this specific case it is the best way to go.

This is planned to happen tomorrow, Thursday, and will cause a downtime of a few hours.

Thanks for your understanding,
CCP Habakuk

---
Update: This has been completed now on Friday, 2nd of June. Everything should work again and skill points for mass tests have been re-applied.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#2 - 2017-06-01 12:49:45 UTC
any eta when deployment starts?
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2017-06-01 14:16:31 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
any eta when deployment starts?

I would expect it within the next 2-3 hours - it is currently being prepared.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Aeon Herzog
The Elite SISI Corporation
#4 - 2017-06-01 14:43:17 UTC
That moment when you haul 120 supers and CCP mirror before a single one of them finish, hahahahhaha *cries inside*
Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#5 - 2017-06-01 19:06:36 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hey!

We need to apply the last mirror again to Singularity to properly test a DB update (the update which caused the long downtimes two weeks ago). This is to avoid extra risk for the next release on Tranquility.
This is basically a roll-back of the state on Singularity by two weeks. We understand that this will bring some pain and we are not doing this lightly - but in this specific case it is the best way to go.

This is planned to happen tomorrow, Thursday, and will cause a downtime of a few hours.

Thanks for your understanding,
CCP Habakuk

It sucks...but thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Sometimes, that's all we need ♥
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2017-06-01 21:24:24 UTC
Unfortunately the preparations have taken a bit longer than expected - so this will need to happen tomorrow. Oops

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#7 - 2017-06-02 09:53:06 UTC
how long untill mirror can be reapplied
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#8 - 2017-06-02 14:21:34 UTC
Removed post referencing real world politics.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Panther X
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2017-06-02 22:58:49 UTC
Aeon Herzog wrote:
That moment when you haul 120 supers and CCP mirror before a single one of them finish, hahahahhaha *cries inside*

one of them was mine too...Cry

My Titan smells of rich Corinthian Leather...

Ronarolik
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2017-06-03 01:17:32 UTC
Is it possible to get a minumum of 50% reduction in production time for building supercapitals for the people who spent hours hauling material to build them ? I had 6 more days left, and now it's all gone :/
Axilla Hallux
Forbidden Sanctuary
Demonic Wheat Pineapple
#11 - 2017-06-03 06:49:54 UTC
Ronarolik wrote:
Is it possible to get a minumum of 50% reduction in production time for building supercapitals for the people who spent hours hauling material to build them ? I had 6 more days left, and now it's all gone :/


I am also interested in this. Had a few large capitals on the cook, with minimal time left. Mayhaps if the logs exist, they can be placed in a hangar?
Ronarolik
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#12 - 2017-06-03 09:25:08 UTC
Axilla Hallux wrote:
Ronarolik wrote:
Is it possible to get a minumum of 50% reduction in production time for building supercapitals for the people who spent hours hauling material to build them ? I had 6 more days left, and now it's all gone :/


I am also interested in this. Had a few large capitals on the cook, with minimal time left. Mayhaps if the logs exist, they can be placed in a hangar?


Precisely, it feels like so much time has been completely wasted unless they somehow manage to restore the remaining time according to the logs (if there are such logs), and if not, we could give them the information about the time we had left.
Jonny Copper
Local Spike.
#13 - 2017-06-04 03:15:27 UTC
There is a clear message when selecting the singularity server from the launcher that states "You are on a test server. Any progression made on test servers may not be lasting, as data is occasionally mirrored from Tranquility." Ultimately there are a dozen reasons why CCP doesn't do this, and you should be prepared to lose everything you've done on singularity at a moment's notice.
Axilla Hallux
Forbidden Sanctuary
Demonic Wheat Pineapple
#14 - 2017-06-07 11:03:00 UTC
Jonny Copper wrote:
There is a clear message when selecting the singularity server from the launcher that states "You are on a test server. Any progression made on test servers may not be lasting, as data is occasionally mirrored from Tranquility." Ultimately there are a dozen reasons why CCP doesn't do this, and you should be prepared to lose everything you've done on singularity at a moment's notice.


Of course, I don't think anyone is disputing that, just asking whether CCP would be willing to potentially assist in this regard. That's all :)

Either way, its easy to sort out, just a little more time involved
Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#15 - 2017-06-07 18:00:51 UTC
Jonny Copper wrote:
There is a clear message when selecting the singularity server from the launcher that states "You are on a test server. Any progression made on test servers may not be lasting, as data is occasionally mirrored from Tranquility." Ultimately there are a dozen reasons why CCP doesn't do this, and you should be prepared to lose everything you've done on singularity at a moment's notice.

Why is it that the biggest a$$holes in the game always come running to ccp's aid when they don't need it?

Your response goes right up there with:

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
― Steve Martin
Cabel223
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2017-06-09 10:37:33 UTC
Mollie Mormon wrote:
Jonny Copper wrote:
There is a clear message when selecting the singularity server from the launcher that states "You are on a test server. Any progression made on test servers may not be lasting, as data is occasionally mirrored from Tranquility." Ultimately there are a dozen reasons why CCP doesn't do this, and you should be prepared to lose everything you've done on singularity at a moment's notice.

Why is it that the biggest a$$holes in the game always come running to ccp's aid when they don't need it?

Your response goes right up there with:

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
― Steve Martin


He can and only Does say that because he prefers to hold the only organized Super fleet on the server, he also starts off with quite a few of them..

Houdini San
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2017-07-26 16:36:17 UTC
Hey when will be the next mirror? I really wanna go for the test server! ;)