These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
3 Pages123Next page
 

did plex get more expensive?

Author
#1 - 2017-05-18 22:36:47 UTC
I havent bought plex in a while but i seem to remember the $100 pack being 6 plex its now just over 5 months of plex? is this what happened or did the $100 always give 5
#2 - 2017-05-18 22:45:34 UTC
Quote:
did plex get more expensive?


Yes.

Mr Epeen Cool
#3 - 2017-05-18 23:16:57 UTC
A couple of the packs changed value I think, most of them didn't though, but they all got calculated in base value from the new smallest package which is more expensive. (And before was far too small to be bought). So it looks like plex changed value on a lot of packs since the 'bonus' amount changed.
#4 - 2017-05-18 23:23:07 UTC
lol they seem to have all changed in CCPs favor
Trouble In Little China
#5 - 2017-05-18 23:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
lol they seem to have all changed in CCPs favor


No. The only one that is more expensive is the 1000 NuPlex. Most of the others are cheaper.

Edit: For your convenience, I will note that your confusion stems from the fact that the NuPlex package is $100 while the old 6 plex package was $105.
#6 - 2017-05-18 23:35:36 UTC
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
lol they seem to have all changed in CCPs favor


No. The only one that is more expensive is the 1000 NuPlex. Most of the others are cheaper.

Edit: For your convenience, I will note that your confusion stems from the fact that the NuPlex package is $100 while the old 6 plex package was $105.



your looking at it like the fool they take you for


in order to get 3k plex (old 6) you now have to buy the 99 and two of the 4.99 so that is 109.97
Trouble In Little China
#7 - 2017-05-18 23:42:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
lol they seem to have all changed in CCPs favor


No. The only one that is more expensive is the 1000 NuPlex. Most of the others are cheaper.

Edit: For your convenience, I will note that your confusion stems from the fact that the NuPlex package is $100 while the old 6 plex package was $105.



your looking at it like the fool they take you for


in order to get 3k plex (old 6) you now have to buy the 99 and two of the 4.99 so that is 109.97



And in order to get 110 Plex in the old system, you had to buy 500 plex and spend $15 extra dollars...

Seriously though, why do you need exactly 6 plex? You're not using them to plex your account, or else you'd buy a subscription for less. So the fact that you're getting slightly less than 6 is irrelevant when the ~5.7 you're getting are the exact same price per unit that you got in the old system. In fact, you can argue that it's even better, since you don't have to spend as much money to get as good of a per unit price.

Further the $250 NuPlex package saves you $0.60 per plex and the $500 NuPlex package saves you $1.30 per Plex.

The only NuPlex ppu where you pay more than the old option is the 1000 NuPlex variant. Everyone is the same, or benefits.

I took ya to school.....math school.
#8 - 2017-05-18 23:48:49 UTC
no matter how you spin it if it costs more to get 3k than it used to it costs more to get 3k plex
Trouble In Little China
#9 - 2017-05-18 23:51:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
no matter how you spin it if it costs more to get 3k than it used to it costs more to get 3k plex


And it costs less now to get ~5.7 old plex in today's system than the old system....

If you don't understand why you're not making sense by now, I can't really help you. What?
Caldari State
#10 - 2017-05-18 23:55:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
no matter how you spin it if it costs more to get 3k than it used to it costs more to get 3k plex


And it costs less now to get ~5.7 old plex in today's system than the old system....

If you don't understand why you're not making sense by now, I can't really help you. What?

You're joking right?

It doesn't matter if it costs less to buy less. That doesn't make it cheaper.

It costs more to buy the same amount than it used to in many cases. That is, it is more expensive.

You couldn't buy 5.7 PLEX before.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Trouble In Little China
#11 - 2017-05-18 23:59:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
no matter how you spin it if it costs more to get 3k than it used to it costs more to get 3k plex


And it costs less now to get ~5.7 old plex in today's system than the old system....

If you don't understand why you're not making sense by now, I can't really help you. What?

You're joking right?

It doesn't matter if it costs less to buy less. That doesn't make it cheaper.

It costs more to buy the same amount than it used to in many cases. That is, it is more expensive.


Read the whole thread. And no, I'm not joking. If I want exactly 2,860 NuPlex, I only pay 99.99. In the old system, I would have to buy 6 Plex and pay $105.00. I would be forced to spend an extra $5.00 in the old system.

The only things that matter is ppu.


Basically, this guy isn't really whining that PLEX is more expensive. What he's whining about is that CCP replaced some of their odd-numbered deals (e.g. $105, $210, $490) with more normal-numbered deals (e.g. $100, $250, $500). The ppu however, remains the same (or is better).
Caldari State
#12 - 2017-05-19 00:07:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Read the whole thread. And no, I'm not joking. If I want exactly 1,100 NuPlex, I only pay 99.99. In the old system, I would have to buy 6 Plex and pay $105.00. I would be forced to spend an extra $5.00 in the old system.

The only things that matter is ppu.


Basically, this guy isn't really whining that PLEX is more expensive. What he's whining about is that CCP replaced some of their odd-numbered deals (e.g. $105, $210, $490) with more normal numbers (e.g. $100, $250, $500).

1100 NuPlex is $99?

That would mean 2.2 old PLEX is $99?

I think not. If you want exactly 1100NuPlex, pay $39.99 and buy the 1100 pack.

$99 gets you 2860 NuPlex. This is short of the equivalent 3000 for 6 PLEX you would have purchased before.

To buy 3000 NuPlex +

1. x $99 @ 2860
1 x $4.99 @ 110

Is still short of 6 PLEX in the old system, so you have to purchase an additional $4.99 pack to get the equivalent of the previous 6 PLEX, giving you 80 NuPlex left over.

That's a total cost now, to get the equivalent of the former 6 PLEX, of 99 + 4.99 + 4.99 = $108.98

That is more expensive than it was before, though you are also provided a slightly more amount of 80 NuPlex than buying 6 PLEX under the old system (ie. $108.98 gives you 6.16 old PLEX).

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Trouble In Little China
#13 - 2017-05-19 00:13:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Obsidian Blacke
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
Read the whole thread. And no, I'm not joking. If I want exactly 1,100 NuPlex, I only pay 99.99. In the old system, I would have to buy 6 Plex and pay $105.00. I would be forced to spend an extra $5.00 in the old system.

The only things that matter is ppu.


Basically, this guy isn't really whining that PLEX is more expensive. What he's whining about is that CCP replaced some of their odd-numbered deals (e.g. $105, $210, $490) with more normal numbers (e.g. $100, $250, $500).

1100 NuPlex is $99?

That would mean 2.2 old PLEX is $99?

I think not.

$99 gets you 2860 NuPlex. This is short of the equivalent 3000 for 6 PLEX you would have purchased before.

To buy 3000 NuPlex +

1. x $99 @ 2860
1 x $4.99 @ 110

Is still short of 6 PLEX in the old system, so you have to purchase an additional $4.99 pack to get the equivalent of the previous 6 PLEX, giving you 80 NuPlex left over.

That's a total cost now, to get the equivalent of the former 6 PLEX, of 99 + 4.99 + 4.99 = $108.98

That is more expensive than it was before, though you are also provided a slightly more amount of 80 NuPlex than buying 6 PLEX under the old system (ie. $108.98 gives you 6.16 old PLEX).



No it's cheaper than it was before.

In the old system, I wanted exactly 5.7ish plex for some obscure reason. But in order to get that 5.7ish Plex, I had to pay $105.00.

Now in the new system, I only have to pay 99.99 to get that 5.7 ish Plex and I get the exact same ppu as in the old $105.00 package.

In short, I'm getting the same great deal, and I'm saving money by only having to buy exactly what I want. :)

Go to school....math school.

Edit: The new system makes it cheaper to buy 110 Plex too, since I can buy 110 Plex for $5, where previously I had to spend $20.00 and buy Plex I didn't need. :p

Edit 2: Your scenario makes no sense btw because of the assumptions you have to make. :p
#14 - 2017-05-19 00:19:11 UTC
Obsidian Blacke wrote:

In the old system, I wanted exactly 5.7ish plex for some obscure reason.
There's a sub-forum for fan fiction.

Keep it out of GD.

Mr Epeen Cool
Trouble In Little China
#15 - 2017-05-19 00:21:06 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Obsidian Blacke wrote:

In the old system, I wanted exactly 5.7ish plex for some obscure reason.
There's a sub-forum for fan fiction.

Keep it out of GD.

Mr Epeen Cool


6 inches plex is just too big ;)
#16 - 2017-05-19 00:23:29 UTC
Don't argue with someone that doesn't know the difference between your and you're Roll

@lunettelulu7

#17 - 2017-05-19 00:26:13 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Don't argue with someone that doesn't know the difference between your and you're Roll



your will always be faster to swipe into a phone
Caldari State
#18 - 2017-05-19 00:53:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
In the old system, I wanted exactly 5.7ish plex for some obscure reason. But in order to get that 5.7ish Plex, I had to pay $105.00.

How did you buy exactly 5.7 PLEX in the old system?

This should be an interesting answer.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

#19 - 2017-05-19 00:54:34 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Obsidian Blacke wrote:
In the old system, I wanted exactly 5.7ish plex for some obscure reason. But in order to get that 5.7ish Plex, I had to pay $105.00.

How did you buy exactly 5.7 PLEX in the old system?

This should be an interesting answer.


you couldn't that's his point. in his mind its okay that plex cost more now because you can buy less
Caldari State
#20 - 2017-05-19 00:54:49 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Don't argue with someone that doesn't know the difference between your and you're Roll



your will always be faster to swipe into a phone

'ur' is even faster.

But then we'd trigger Epeen. We have to look after the old guys.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump