These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can we talk about the performance since the last patch?

First post
Author
#1 - 2017-05-13 04:27:17 UTC
Immediately following the most recent patch, I have experienced a severe performance degradation affecting nearly all aspects of the game when running more than one client. I have been easily running two clients for a long time, on moderate settings, with no issues whatsoever. Now I have severe hitching, unplayable frame rates, portraits refusing to load, and audio popping/artifacts. While running only one client helps, there is still a noticeable performance hit since the patch even with just the one client running (although character portraits refuse to load regardless)

Per some of the recommendations, I have cleared my cache, reinstalled the client, reinstalled my video driver, and verified that Windows is up to date. Nothing works. In short, It's not me, it's the game.

I would like to hear that this is known, and is being worked on, otherwise I will have cancel at least one of my accounts, as having two makes no sense if I cannot play them both.
#2 - 2017-05-16 04:25:10 UTC
So ******* nothing then? The top thread in this forum is about the same thing, and no acknowledgement there either.

I am not normally the one to **** and moan, but I'm also not one to pay for things that are broken - and CCP has certainly broken something with this last patch.

I want to know that this is a known issue, or I will find something else to blow tons of money on.

A simple "we know, and we're working on it" will suffice.

WE FORM V0LTA
#3 - 2017-05-16 11:37:46 UTC
ModusOperandi wrote:
Immediately following the most recent patch, I have experienced a severe performance degradation affecting nearly all aspects of the game when running more than one client. I have been easily running two clients for a long time, on moderate settings, with no issues whatsoever. Now I have severe hitching, unplayable frame rates, portraits refusing to load, and audio popping/artifacts. While running only one client helps, there is still a noticeable performance hit since the patch even with just the one client running (although character portraits refuse to load regardless)

Per some of the recommendations, I have cleared my cache, reinstalled the client, reinstalled my video driver, and verified that Windows is up to date. Nothing works. In short, It's not me, it's the game.

I would like to hear that this is known, and is being worked on, otherwise I will have cancel at least one of my accounts, as having two makes no sense if I cannot play them both.


Personally, I didn't get any performance issues since the last patch except FPS drop whilst using combat scanner probes. You can monitor your CPU/GPU variables and share them here, then we might able to evaluate the problem.
League 0f Grumpy 0ld Farts
#4 - 2017-05-16 20:53:09 UTC
i'am having the exact same issues, 1 client runs perfectly fine, open a 2nd and everything turns to crap all mention... even my sound is garbage.... i have done all the same things update drivers reinstall client etc.... CCP please help

previously have never had a drama, i have an fx8350 cpu / gtx770 4gb gpu/ 16 gb of ram/ and game is installed on my ssd.
Invictum.
#5 - 2017-05-16 21:31:58 UTC
I'm sure I've read on reddit a few days ago, that the reason for this was identified and the issues should be fixed with an upcoming patch. Looks like it didn't happen today though Roll
The Bastion
#6 - 2017-05-16 23:46:33 UTC
Apparently, EVE Voice was enabled last patch, turning it off should fix FPS issues with multiple clients.
#7 - 2017-05-17 03:43:26 UTC
Frederica Bonas wrote:
I'm sure I've read on reddit a few days ago, that the reason for this was identified and the issues should be fixed with an upcoming patch. Looks like it didn't happen today though Roll


If you are referring to the fix that is supposed to be on the test server, it didn't fix anything for me.
#8 - 2017-05-17 03:44:13 UTC
Viktor Kyon wrote:
Apparently, EVE Voice was enabled last patch, turning it off should fix FPS issues with multiple clients.


I checked that too, but my voice was actually not enabled by the patch.
#9 - 2017-05-17 03:45:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ModusOperandi
Veli ANDAC wrote:
Personally, I didn't get any performance issues since the last patch except FPS drop whilst using combat scanner probes. You can monitor your CPU/GPU variables and share them here, then we might able to evaluate the problem.


I appreciate your help, but I have been doing this long enough to be able to troubleshoot my hardware. I get that some people have no Idea what they are doing, but I'm not one of those people.
Circle-Of-Two
#10 - 2017-05-17 05:43:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Misaki Ayuzawaa
Same problem for me... laging sound and animation even if i run EVE + other game. I think if people will stop payin for alt accounts (because reasons) we will receive response or even FIX Evil

BTW.
Im running i5 2400@3.6 8GB na GTX960 W7 . Was good till last patch. Sad
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2017-05-17 16:05:59 UTC
I've been seeing a bit of these issues corp up here and there. The common factor appears to be laptops using windows 10 that have an Intel integrated card and a Geforce graphic card. Some players have reported that the following resolved the issue for them.

Reinstalling the graphic driver for the Nvidia card then:

* Open your Nvidia Control Panel.
* Select Manage 3D settings.
* Choose the Program Settings tab.
* Under 'Select a program to customise': Find Eve Online in the drop down menu and select it.
* Under 'Select the preferred graphics processor for this program': Select High-performance NVIDIA processor
* Click 'Apply' at the bottom right corner of the window.

* Opening Windows 10 settings.
* Click on Gaming.
* Selecting Game mode tab in the left menu.
* Turn Game mode to off.

With regards,

GM Mechanic,

CCP Customer Service | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

#12 - 2017-05-17 17:27:01 UTC  |  Edited by: LifeshifterX
I'm having the same issues, especially while streaming now. I upgraded to a 1080ti this past weekend and since the recent patch i'm having a tough time playing the game without hitches every 15-20 seconds. I reinstalled windows as well, uploaded all the recent drivers and still having the same less than optimal performance as of late.

Core system specs:

LGA2011-v3 setup 5820k OC'ed 4.4GHZ
32GB DDR4 RAM
Game is installed locally on a M.2 SSD 512GB
1080ti Hybrid SC2


Any word on a patch to improve performance?


*Edit, I did not re-install the creators update. Also it is not a laptop
Elemental Tide
#13 - 2017-05-17 22:06:24 UTC
We all running this on an SSD?
#14 - 2017-05-18 03:44:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ModusOperandi
GM Mechanic wrote:
I've been seeing a bit of these issues corp up here and there. The common factor appears to be laptops using windows 10 that have an Intel integrated card and a Geforce graphic card. Some players have reported that the following resolved the issue for them.

Reinstalling the graphic driver for the Nvidia card then:

* Open your Nvidia Control Panel.
* Select Manage 3D settings.
* Choose the Program Settings tab.
* Under 'Select a program to customise': Find Eve Online in the drop down menu and select it.
* Under 'Select the preferred graphics processor for this program': Select High-performance NVIDIA processor
* Click 'Apply' at the bottom right corner of the window.

* Opening Windows 10 settings.
* Click on Gaming.
* Selecting Game mode tab in the left menu.
* Turn Game mode to off.


I got excited for a moment, because you correctly described my system based off of the issue I am having, and it gave me hope that you were onto something, but unfortunately the fix you suggest had no effect.

I cannot stress enough that for a long time I have been playing with two clients, side by side on separate monitors, with no problems whatsoever. The FIRST time I logged in after this latest version update, there was a noticeable problem.

Thanks for trying though.

EDIT: After playing for about 30 more minutes, the problem DOES seem to be resolved. I suppose a cache may have needed time to be cleared or something, I don't know (I probably should have rebooted), but I am back to my previous FPS levels, and all the UI lag and hitching are all smoothed out as well. My CPU is running considerably cooler also.

Thank you, and spread the word.
#15 - 2017-05-18 03:45:38 UTC
Studio Ghibli wrote:
We all running this on an SSD?


I am, yes.
#16 - 2017-05-18 04:02:12 UTC
GM Mechanic wrote:
I've been seeing a bit of these issues corp up here and there. The common factor appears to be laptops using windows 10 that have an Intel integrated card and a Geforce graphic card. Some players have reported that the following resolved the issue for them.

Reinstalling the graphic driver for the Nvidia card then:

* Open your Nvidia Control Panel.
* Select Manage 3D settings.
* Choose the Program Settings tab.
* Under 'Select a program to customise': Find Eve Online in the drop down menu and select it.
* Under 'Select the preferred graphics processor for this program': Select High-performance NVIDIA processor
* Click 'Apply' at the bottom right corner of the window.

* Opening Windows 10 settings.
* Click on Gaming.
* Selecting Game mode tab in the left menu.
* Turn Game mode to off.


While it initially seemed to have no effect, roughly 30 minutes after making these changes the problem seems to be resolved. My two clients are running like they were before this problem started. I would suggest rebooting after making the above adjustments.

Many thanks to GM Mechanic.
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2017-05-18 09:35:47 UTC
LifeshifterX wrote:
I'm having the same issues, especially while streaming now. I upgraded to a 1080ti this past weekend and since the recent patch i'm having a tough time playing the game without hitches every 15-20 seconds. I reinstalled windows as well, uploaded all the recent drivers and still having the same less than optimal performance as of late.

Core system specs:

LGA2011-v3 setup 5820k OC'ed 4.4GHZ
32GB DDR4 RAM
Game is installed locally on a M.2 SSD 512GB
1080ti Hybrid SC2


Any word on a patch to improve performance?


*Edit, I did not re-install the creators update. Also it is not a laptop


If you are running multiple clients try turning EVE Voice off.

With regards,

GM Mechanic,

CCP Customer Service | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

Brotherhood of Spacers
#18 - 2017-05-18 12:45:06 UTC
This started before the windows creator update. Also on desktop, still turned off gaming mode, do not have a selection to chose gpu (have gtx 970). Turned EvE voice off. Nothing seems to help.

ALL open accounts running used to maintain FPS of around 20-30 with 8+ accounts running. Now all windows that are not selected when over 3-4 accounts running drop to single digit frames or less; they essentially freeze for long periods of time.

Something significant has changed with the way different windows running EVE are prioritized or assigned CPU or GPU power or something. My computer is still not stressing at all with 10 open EVE clients; its not like the graphics became incredibly insane and now my computer can't handle it. In fact, at one point I put all the accounts in 'potato' mode and the behavior did not change at all.
#19 - 2017-05-24 13:08:06 UTC
ToePick wrote:
This started before the windows creator update. Also on desktop, still turned off gaming mode, do not have a selection to chose gpu (have gtx 970). Turned EvE voice off. Nothing seems to help.

ALL open accounts running used to maintain FPS of around 20-30 with 8+ accounts running. Now all windows that are not selected when over 3-4 accounts running drop to single digit frames or less; they essentially freeze for long periods of time.

Something significant has changed with the way different windows running EVE are prioritized or assigned CPU or GPU power or something. My computer is still not stressing at all with 10 open EVE clients; its not like the graphics became incredibly insane and now my computer can't handle it. In fact, at one point I put all the accounts in 'potato' mode and the behavior did not change at all.



Same.
Forum Jump