These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Fake News Article] SoE Reports on Extreme WH Generation in J142055

Author
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#1 - 2017-05-11 22:05:40 UTC
SISTERS OF EVE SPECIFY MALFUNCTIONING TALOCAN ARTIFACT AS CAUSE OF RAPID WORMHOLE GENERATION IN J142055
2017-05-11 18:49 By Lina Ambre

[Header Image]

The Servant Sisters of EVE today reported on the strange situation occurring in J142055, an Anoikis Class-2 system, after numerous independent parties reported wormholes rapidly appearing throughout.

"Following numerous accounts of this strange phenomenon, Sisters covert scouting teams sortied and discovered the source of the anomaly: a malfunctioning, ancient Talocan device that had come back online for a time after being haphazardly damaged by a Capsuleer 'running' an abandoned facility complex", annouced Sister of EVE spokesperson Jira Kariika, with discernable frustration. "The then-damaged device brought itself online, and facilitated the generation of hundreds of highly unstable wormholes across the system before suffering from a critical breakdown and self-destructing. Had it not been attacked so recklessly, this artifact may have provided important insight into the knowledge of the ancient Talocan race."

The organization expressed their disappointment that capsuleers had once again lost a valuable opportunity to uncover some of the mysteries of the Anoikis cluster, much like when the abandoned ship of Lianda Burreau was discovered and destroyed, causing the loss of a trinary data package that had been contained within.

"Though their constructions were stripped without exception before we reached Anoiokis, there is still much to learn from what the Talocan left behind- we may not find another opportunity like that which was lost today for a very long time, if ever. Capsuleers invariably skew towards destruction over discovery in their actions: an unfortunate factor we must compensate for in our efforts, as they continue to saturate Anoikis."

I might start writing a lot more of these, since I've tried a few of them in the last few days (more to come) & I'm having a great time writing them~

Here's this one in world news article format: http://i.imgur.com/9G117gy.png

o7
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#2 - 2017-05-18 11:31:16 UTC
I have seen that image with news earlier but could not find it on EVE news site, because it was you that made it!

Nicely written. 👍
Alia Nadasdy
Imperial's Capsulers
#3 - 2017-05-18 19:03:08 UTC
Question.
Why SOE ?
In New Eden, are they the only ones studying anomalies ?

"We are the Harbingers of hope, We are the Sword of the Righteous"

"We are a shadow of the former greatness of the Empire"

Purist Lord Admiral Victor