These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ghost in the Shell remake

Author
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#1 - 2017-05-11 00:35:34 UTC
I wanted to necro the old thread about this, but it's closed. BBC News gave the new remake high marks, with thoughtful and well-reasoned explanations of why, I thought. link

((TL;DR) I have to watch the original anime again before viewing the new one. My impression of the original at the time was that it was like a manga series made into a movie. A movie generally is like a novel-- one story, following the intro-action-climax-resolution pattern. Whereas a manga is a serial that comes in installments-- stories build up and conclude, but you keep getting deeper into the fictional world scenario along the way. Anyway, the original anime with that just continuing on with more cycles of small events wore me down. But I was watching the Japan VHS version, probably "director's cut," full on unedited. As an English-speaker, and no subtitles. (Hard to understand what's going on while learning a foreign language? Hell no, if you're with live people and drinking beer, having food, hiking, whatever. But animation art with streams of verbal audio acting coming out of the speakers? That's strange on top of just partly comprehensible)).

Anyway, encouraging that a reviewer who liked the original and liked the remake enough to write an essay about why. What do you think?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#2 - 2017-05-11 07:12:34 UTC
Its like someone forgot to add nipples to Mako's body. If I would be Mako, I would sue the corporations for making me incomplete.
Pepper Swift
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2017-05-11 09:01:14 UTC
Wait, no nipples? Damn..

What I need most.. is a day between Saturday and Sunday...

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic