These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are there any good minmatar ships for L4 burner missions?

Author
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-04-15 14:58:40 UTC
Hello all.

I leveled Assault Frigs (Wolf & Jaguar) a very long time ago, and am currently not really using them at all, actually for quite some time.

I have always ignored L4 burner missions as all guides use pirate faction frigs, or frigs outside of Minmatar ships.

I wanted to design this character as a minmatar ship only toon, but have recently wanted to get on board with burner missions.

Any tips?
#2 - 2017-04-15 15:07:43 UTC
wolf is good vs npcs that do EM damage. no idea if they work elsewhere haven't tried to force them into anything else.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#3 - 2017-04-15 15:26:55 UTC
Wolf is the recommended ship in that guide for blood raider burners.
Vagabond is the recommended ship for serpentis base burners.
Vigilant is the recommended ship for angel base burners. It's a serpentis ship, but for this mission gallente cruisers I is good enough (though you still need to train medium hybrid turrets V and medium blaster specialization III or IV).
Onyx can do the blood raider base burners well. Maybe a Broadsword also works. (Not sure how good medium autocannons can track those sentinels.)
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2017-04-15 15:34:10 UTC
Alasdan Helminthauge wrote:
Wolf is the recommended ship in that guide for blood raider burners.
Vagabond is the recommended ship for serpentis base burners.
Vigilant is the recommended ship for angel base burners. It's a serpentis ship, but for this mission gallente cruisers I is good enough (though you still need to train medium hybrid turrets V and medium blaster specialization III or IV).
Onyx can do the blood raider base burners well. Maybe a Broadsword also works. (Not sure how good medium autocannons can track those sentinels.)

Grrr, that's what I thought. Anomic Team is what I've been getting from my level 4 agent.

I don't think there's another way around it then since the fittings seem to be VERY specific.
#5 - 2017-04-16 19:47:14 UTC
I used to use a Jaguar for the serpentis Anomic Agent mission before I trained the Hawk.

It was an outrageously expensive fit, and barely worked at all even with near-perfect skills and expensive implants

Technically it worked but I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2017-04-20 15:54:54 UTC
The only "true" minmattar ship that works against burners is the Wolf vs. the Blood Raider Agent. But if it makes you feel any better, the Wolf is so much better than everything else against that little monster leech.