These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stacking items (are there exceptions?)

Author
Batachikan
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-04-14 14:41:02 UTC
I am hugely enjoying the game so far.

One question I haven't been able to find an answer for. I bought some Imperial Navy Multifrequency laser crystals to see if they would be better than the standard ones. After loading them, I decided at my level of skill and with the very high likelihood of being blown up often until I learn to be better at PvP, they would be too expensive to lose regularly for a while, so unloaded them. They went back into my Item Hangar.

However, unlike all the normal laser ammunition, they won't stack. I've tried repackaging, but crystals don't have that option. They're not damaged as I've never used them in anger. I've tried moving them to my ship cargo and back again. They simply won't stack. As noted, the standard ones can be loaded, unloaded and stacked using the Stack All function.

Is it the case that faction items are not stackable? Or is there something I've missed?

And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#2 - 2017-04-14 14:53:52 UTC
Once those crystals are loaded into a gun they become used. Even though you haven't fired them, they are now unique items in the database. Which means they can not be stacked. Normal T1 crystals never break so they can always be stacked. With Faction (and T2) crystals they can break through usage and its that metric which stops them from being stacked.

Its the same with all items in Eve, except most other items can be repaired back to its default stats. Sadly (non T1) crystals can not be repaired, so once loaded into a gun they have to be sold as individual items on contracts, if you want to sell them on.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Batachikan
Doomheim
#3 - 2017-04-14 18:13:21 UTC
That's really helpful, thank you.

And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?