These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Loot left over after finishing a Mission - Career

Author
Joe Talsend
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-04-02 13:27:49 UTC
Being new, there are a few points that confuse me still.

I have found that there are some items that get left over from the beginning missions. Like scientists and food stuffs. Is there a purpose for all of what is left over later in the game? Or is this just flotsam and jetsam ?

And should some of those "leftovers" really be returned on completion of the missions?

-JT
Yourmoney Mywallet
Jita Institute of Applied Monetary Manipulation
#2 - 2017-04-02 16:27:36 UTC
Returned to whom?

Anything you have after all the starter missions that's neither ships, or ammo, or mods gets sold so you can buy ships, or ammo, or mods.
Joe Talsend
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-04-02 17:48:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Talsend
Items like prisoners, scientists, survivors? I did not see a buy or sell button on those.

"Returning" in the general sense of, "A scientist was returned to his lab" or "A prisoner was returned to the authorities". If you just ran a mission and saved a victim, I just found it odd that they stayed around as an item in your cargo hold if they have no ISK value.

-JT
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2017-04-03 00:06:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
Unless the agent specifically asks for the item to be brought to them to complete the mission (briefing will show the item, quantity required, and volume expected in the right side of the brief), any loot you pick up is simply that...loot. You can keep it, sell it, use it, what ever. There are dozens of items in Eve that are simply for flavor and have no practical use outside of RP. On rare occasions, some items capable of being looted from one mission turns out to be needed or useful for another. For instance, the Angel and Guristas Diamond tags commonly found as loot in any mission with those enemies allow entry into the bonus room of Angels and Guristas Extravaganza missions respectively. So some keep such items in case they turn up useful later.

As for why there's no value on them, it's far more a mechanical reason...they are not listed on the market, so one cannot sell or buy them from the market. Since the "Est. Value" works off of market activity concerning that item, it simply defaults to showing "No Value" when an item isn't found listed on the market. They usually, however, can be bartered with using contracts.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."