These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page
 

[119.4] More improvements from Team Five 0

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2017-03-30 15:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Lebowski
Greetings Singularity Space People!

Team Five 0 have some more changes coming to you in our next release. We'd highly appreciate it if anyone interested in the changes please go try them out on our test server Singularity, let us know what you think and submit bug reports for any problems that occur. Without further ado, let's get into the changes.

    Structures

  1. Engineering Complexes now have their own unique brackets which will make them instantly distinctive from Citadels.



  2. Changing the in space right click menu so that with more than 10 items in the structure category, we break it down into groups (e.g. Structure > Citadel > "Lebowskis Holiday House").


Contracts

  1. Increased the maximum allowed duration of contracts to 4 weeks.


Fighters

  1. The health bar of an individual fighter in a squadron will now be colored based on the health of the fighter:
  • White = 100%
  • Yellow = >100% - >66%
  • Orange = <66% - >33%
  • Red = <33%


Fitting

  1. Added a icon with a tooltip to the top left of fitting simulation that lists any missing skills for the fit (Which includes copy to clipboard and buy all buttons).
  2. Fighters can now be simulated using a expanded dropdown in the fitting window.
  3. Hulls can be found in the Hulls & Fits Panel by searching for the group name (Frigate, Carrier etc).
  4. Boosters/Drugs can now be saved in ship fittings.
  5. Added the "VIew Market Details" and "Set Filter for Type" right click options to items in the hardware panel.
  6. Added more ways to access fitting simulation:
  • Clicking 'Simulate' button in a Kill Report.
  • Dragging a Kill Report image to fitting screen.
  • Dragging a Kill Report link to fitting screen.
  • Dragging a fit link from chat to fitting screen.
  • Clicking 'simulate ship' button in the right click inventory menus.



As always, we will have various bug fixes (67 and counting at the moment Big smile) that will be included in the patch notes when they are published and we'll add to the above list if anything else makes it into the release from us.

Happy testing!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

C C P Alliance
#2 - 2017-03-30 15:02:06 UTC
Reserved for FAQ

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2017-03-30 15:08:25 UTC
Thanks :D

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Suddenly Content
#4 - 2017-03-30 15:10:34 UTC
I love the work on the all of the topics. Thanks guys!

CCP Lebowski wrote:

  1. Increased the maximum allowed duration of contracts to 4 weeks.


Any comments why it's only 4 weeks? Of course it's better than current, but why we have it at all way down from 3 months as for market orders?

Specially for some less used fits distributed via contracts it feels that too much effort is required to keep contracts up. Not really personal problem, but representing others here.
#5 - 2017-03-30 15:15:39 UTC
any idea what brackets for medium and large refinery will be?
skill urself
#6 - 2017-03-30 15:20:18 UTC
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2017-03-30 15:24:06 UTC
Quality of life changes are always amazing.
#8 - 2017-03-30 15:32:24 UTC
Yay!

Between these QOL updates (especially the fighter health bars) and the new suns the future of Eve is looking... bright

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)
Cynosural Field Theory.
#9 - 2017-03-30 15:37:00 UTC  |  Edited by: lanyaie
Quote:
Contracts

Increased the maximum allowed duration of contracts to 4 weeks.


While this is marginally better, with the fees increase it's still quite "bad" so to say.

For valuable items which only sell on contracts, it simply just costs too much. A high value/low demand item can easily stay up on contracts for over 10 contract cycles. Resulting in fees paid each time, the duration increase is nice but that still doesn't offset that.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2017-03-30 15:43:11 UTC
:100:
Pandemic Legion
#11 - 2017-03-30 15:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: sweetnjuicy
Have you guys got any plans to increase the limit on corp contracts from 500?

Would love to see it increase to 1000 or even 1500 for larger alliances as seeding can become an issue to those who like to seed retardedly large numbers of hulls and doctrines to alliance only. (yes I have hit the corp 500 limit solo very many times in the recent past)

Would also love to see something like an adv contracting skill to give those without roles and wallets for corp contracting the ability to seed their alliances in bigger quantities.
The Marmite Collective
#12 - 2017-03-30 16:04:43 UTC
The contract change alone will make a lot of people happy. Big smile

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2017-03-30 16:10:43 UTC
sweetnjuicy wrote:
Have you guys got any plans to increase the limit on corp contracts from 500?

Would love to see it increase to 1000 or even 1500 for larger alliances as seeding can become an issue to those who like to seed retardedly large numbers of hulls and doctrines to alliance only. (yes I have hit the corp 500 limit solo very many times in the recent past)

Would also love to see something like an adv contracting skill to give those without roles and wallets for corp contracting the ability to seed their alliances in bigger quantities.

Better yet, a skill to increase it by 500 a level :P
#14 - 2017-03-30 16:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Biologist
One of the biggest drawbacks of the in game fitting tool is that you cannot simulate ships with skills other than your current ones. As a result tools like eft and pyfa remain far superior. It's really a huge limitation that makes the tool a lot less useful.You cannot plan for fits by checking how training new skills would affect it (i.e. Can I fit this if I train AWU up to lvl 5 instead of 4? Not sure, guess I still have to close game and open pyfa)."

It also lacks simulating effects boosters, implants, command boosts, and wormhole effects. So to answer a question like "will this fit work with an implant? And what percent inplant do I need?" Or "will this tank become cap stable with mindflood?" I still need to exit the game to find out.

Do you have any plans to address this in the future?

P.s. Great changes here above :) the contract extrnsion is ******* dope
#15 - 2017-03-30 17:14:50 UTC
Doctor Biologist wrote:
One of the biggest drawbacks of the in game fitting tool is that you cannot simulate ships with skills other than your current ones. As a result tools like eft and pyfa remain far superior. It's really a huge limitation that makes the tool a lot less useful.You cannot plan for fits by checking how training new skills would affect it (i.e. Can I fit this if I train AWU up to lvl 5 instead of 4? Not sure, guess I still have to close game and open pyfa)."


This can be solved by using Alt+Tab instead of closing the game! Big smile

Seriously though, this is a bigger pain for Eve to deal with than an external tool like Pyfa because what the current Simulation is doing is just redirecting easily available data to another location. Simulating skills would add a big chunk of extra work to a relatively small feature.

Besides CCP has repeatedly stated that their end goal here isn't complete feature parity with dedicated third party tools. Would it be nice? Sure. Is it worth the amount of time and effort CCP would have to put into it? Probably not.

The other stuff about drugs and what-not should be less of a PITA though, so hopefully we'll get that some time in the future.
Feign Disorder
#16 - 2017-03-30 17:54:55 UTC
Since each Citadel and Engineering Complex its getting its own icon, how do you guys feel about representative iconography?

#17 - 2017-03-30 18:25:07 UTC
Evelgrivion wrote:
Since each Citadel and Engineering Complex its getting its own icon, how do you guys feel about representative iconography?



Astra and Fort don't look anything like how most players will see those structures in space.

The Astra is more like a Wizzard hat from most angles and the Fort is like a deep dish pizza slice cut by your drunk friend who is currently seeing four pizzas instead of the two you actually bought.

The Astra from your icons looks like a tiny EC, and the Fort looks like it's trying to play Tetris with the Keepstar. Like, I get what you're going for here, I just think it misses the mark end ends up pretty comical for those two particularly.

IMO with more structures being introduced in the future it's valuable for structures to have a distinctive "icon family" like we have now. Makes it easier for newbies to understand what they represent without having necessarily seen all of the other icons yet.
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2017-03-30 19:07:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Aero Zolic
Is "When launching all fighter squadrons using a keyboard shortcut then all of the squadrons will be selected" fix included in the other 67 bug fixes?
Feign Disorder
#19 - 2017-03-30 19:07:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Evelgrivion
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Evelgrivion wrote:
Since each Citadel and Engineering Complex its getting its own icon, how do you guys feel about representative iconography?



Astra and Fort don't look anything like how most players will see those structures in space.

The Astra is more like a Wizzard hat from most angles and the Fort is like a deep dish pizza slice cut by your drunk friend who is currently seeing four pizzas instead of the two you actually bought.

The Astra from your icons looks like a tiny EC, and the Fort looks like it's trying to play Tetris with the Keepstar. Like, I get what you're going for here, I just think it misses the mark end ends up pretty comical for those two particularly.

IMO with more structures being introduced in the future it's valuable for structures to have a distinctive "icon family" like we have now. Makes it easier for newbies to understand what they represent without having necessarily seen all of the other icons yet.


I'm not really happy with the Astra there either (fixed here), but I do not think I could disagree more strongly with you about the Fort. What? That is a difficult shape to abstract without discarding the Box iconography stations utilize completely, and I think that icon captures it nicely.
Nornir Empire
#20 - 2017-03-30 20:09:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Elizabeth Norn
CCP Lebowski wrote:


Contracts

  1. Increased the maximum allowed duration of contracts to 4 weeks.


This is helpful for people listing doctrine ships on corp / alliance contracts, but it doesn't really address the huge cost of listing, or selling items on contracts because you're bound to get undercut and it costs the same to adjust your price as it does to create the contract in the first place because you can't modify the price of contract once it's been created.

I made a thread on the matter: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6876401
2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump