These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

10+ account ice miner guys!

Author
das licht
C4-DATA
#1 - 2017-02-28 06:21:12 UTC
I've seen them so far in every single belt in EVE. They strip the fields empty in no time and i believe that it's not much fun playing a game that way. Plus, they destroy the experience for others. What do they do - ISK selling? They should get banned from the Internet. Idea
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2 - 2017-02-28 06:31:10 UTC
You need to train-up Salt Mining V and Unfathomable Tears of Sadness IV.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

das licht
C4-DATA
#3 - 2017-02-28 06:50:16 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
You need to train-up Salt Mining V and Unfathomable Tears of Sadness IV.

You are the funniest dude in EVE - huh?
YeuxVerts Belle
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#4 - 2017-02-28 08:01:11 UTC
das licht wrote:
[...] i believe that it's not much fun playing a game that way.

das licht wrote:
You are the funniest dude in EVE - huh?


Because your definition of fun is not the same as others doesn't give you the right to ban people. Thankfully.

The above message presents my opinions on the topic at hand. If there is a conflict between my views and reality, consider reality to be correct until proven otherwise.

Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#5 - 2017-02-28 08:40:07 UTC
You saw them in every single belt in EVE? More likely you saw them in most High-Sec belts...
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#6 - 2017-02-28 08:48:32 UTC
A couple of years ago, before input broadcasting was banned, fleets with 50 ships controlled by 1 character were possible. Multi-boxing a large fleet without violating the EULA is not easy and it should be possible to disrupt them by bumping the anchor.
das licht
C4-DATA
#7 - 2017-02-28 10:25:00 UTC
Gregorius Goldstein wrote:
You saw them in every single belt in EVE? More likely you saw them in most High-Sec belts...

Yes!
Solaris Ecladia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2017-02-28 13:25:12 UTC
Do Little wrote:
A couple of years ago, before input broadcasting was banned, fleets with 50 ships controlled by 1 character were possible. Multi-boxing a large fleet without violating the EULA is not easy and it should be possible to disrupt them by bumping the anchor.

Yeah that aint **** though. There was a 200 account mining guy before. I remember an old video of him mass undocking and fleet warping to the belt.
Ijon-Tichy
Ze One Man Show
#9 - 2017-02-28 14:36:24 UTC
das licht wrote:
They should get banned from the Internet. Idea


Banned from the Internet, eh? Like one should ban trolls?
Dark Lord Trump
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2017-02-28 22:33:25 UTC
Kill him. Problem solved.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#11 - 2017-02-28 22:54:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Shiloh Templeton
Since most of the locust fleets use skiffs even the gankers leave them alone. However, you can put an alt into a Fleet Stabber or Mach and continuously bump his Orca 100km away from his fleet - until he packs up and goes somewhere else or reduces the size of his fleet.

Perhaps make content out of it by becoming the "Small Business Protection League" and issuing him a citation before you start bumping.

p.s. You may have to learn to relish his salty talk in local.
Gretek Moergyn
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2017-03-08 23:39:23 UTC
Ten accounts? For what? Why would somebody purchase 10 accounts for an online game? Years ago in Asheron's Call I remember one player complaining about some molehill that he made into a mountain, and he said "Got 7 accounts..." I had to shake my head that some lonely person felt the need to spend that much each month on a single online game.

But hey, it's their money...
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#13 - 2017-03-09 08:28:21 UTC
Gretek Moergyn wrote:
Ten accounts? For what? Why would somebody purchase 10 accounts for an online game? Years ago in Asheron's Call I remember one player complaining about some molehill that he made into a mountain, and he said "Got 7 accounts..." I had to shake my head that some lonely person felt the need to spend that much each month on a single online game.

But hey, it's their money...


before the input banning rule, people were soloing hq incursions with with 60 man nightmare fleets solo.

I read an article on a wow player that spent several thousand on that latest expansion for his 32 accounts so he could solo raid saying along the lines of "yeah I would join a yacht club, but I like spending my money on this and playing games."

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#14 - 2017-03-09 21:25:57 UTC
Come to nulsec.

We have infinite ore and ice spawns here.
Gaius Clabbacus
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2017-03-12 11:28:49 UTC
Once a mining account gets the desired skill level you can plex it for free by using skill extraction, so why not run 10 of them? Of course, it all depends on your definition of having fun. If mining ice on 10 accounts while playing Euro Truck Simulator on another screen is your idea of relaxation, go for it.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2017-03-13 17:57:03 UTC
You know, there are lots of ice belts in EvE.

I know of one that everybody expects to be instantly stripped, but never is. I can go there 23/7 and there is a spawn being worked on by a few barges, without fail.

Also when the ice isn't up, you could mine ore.
Jacques d'Orleans
#17 - 2017-03-14 11:50:23 UTC
das licht wrote:
I've seen them so far in every single belt in EVE. They strip the fields empty in no time and i believe that it's not much fun playing a game that way. Plus, they destroy the experience for others. What do they do - ISK selling? They should get banned from the Internet. Idea


And the problem is? If there is a system with such a guy in it and he is pissing you off, why don't you hire someone to take out the competition?
Pretty simple concept, ain't it?