These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What to do.

Author
Azalyn Akiga
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-02-14 18:46:00 UTC
I been trying to return to eve now for like 3 month but every time I start up eve I spend 5min in the game and I just don´t feel it anymore even after 1 and half year of break I don´t enjoy eve anymore.

I don´t know what to do feels like I tried every thing ever sense I started in 2007. (well not citadels but I heard it´s boring)

I wanna join a corp but then I remember all times I been in corps all the drama or that we never do anything as a corp it´s just like I joined but I still play alone because no one wanna do anything.

Remember a null sec corp we had a bloody great time sitting on TS talking about anything and nothing while bashing a pos or we did some fights that we lost or won we had fun but the last corps I been in has been 0 fun every one to damn scared or poor to even fly anything more than a bloody frig in pvp.

Is it that eve lost everything I loved with it when I started out, or have I grown to old and done so much in eve is just boring for me ?
Should I quit eve forever or try finding that love for eve I once had ?
The Devils Cousin
Evian Industries
EVIAN NATION
#2 - 2017-02-15 08:41:31 UTC
Start again, that simple tbh, start from scratch, be limited, then you will know if u love the game

CCP Please Don't Do This..

The Respawn Expansion

Azalyn Akiga
Doomheim
#3 - 2017-02-15 17:32:49 UTC
That sounds like a good idea start from scratch and see if I enjoy it like I did when I was a new player.
Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG
#4 - 2017-02-16 17:56:20 UTC
Try EVE Corporations, Alliances and Organizations Center
There are always corporations searching for new and old players. Or post there that you are searching for a corporation that is active in null-sec /WH since you enjoyed that so much. Smile

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

Lord Harrowmont
Nothing Is Beyond Our Reach
#5 - 2017-03-04 14:43:39 UTC
Azalyn Akiga wrote:
I been trying to return to eve now for like 3 month but every time I start up eve I spend 5min in the game and I just don´t feel it anymore even after 1 and half year of break I don´t enjoy eve anymore.

I don´t know what to do feels like I tried every thing ever sense I started in 2007. (well not citadels but I heard it´s boring)

I wanna join a corp but then I remember all times I been in corps all the drama or that we never do anything as a corp it´s just like I joined but I still play alone because no one wanna do anything.

Remember a null sec corp we had a bloody great time sitting on TS talking about anything and nothing while bashing a pos or we did some fights that we lost or won we had fun but the last corps I been in has been 0 fun every one to damn scared or poor to even fly anything more than a bloody frig in pvp.

Is it that eve lost everything I loved with it when I started out, or have I grown to old and done so much in eve is just boring for me ?
Should I quit eve forever or try finding that love for eve I once had ?


I understand where you come from. I started playing EvE a year ago and got into a few corps, never felt the vibe and eventually quit. Started playing again and I found a great community of players and I will probably spend the next year or so with my fellow bros in Wormhole space.

It's all about finding your right match I think, for sure an MMO isn't as fun when solo playing. Go and search and try, but you have to take some initiative and be careful of who you join.
Ranzabar
Golden Ratio One Six One
#6 - 2017-03-13 02:52:58 UTC
I'm not gonna be PC here. If you're looking for the social aspects of Eve...a return to the fun of being with your friends on TS or Mumble, you might have a hard time getting into the mood without it.

I'm 58. I play as meditative tool. My daily life is as a businessman who is on the phone constantly, who sits in meetings and plays the 'I pretend to give a sh*t' game. When I get home, I'm beat and I want a peaceful experience after dinner. The last thing I want to do is talk to people again or watch nonsense on TV. Except 'Married, with Children' reruns. They trump Eve.

So, I like carefully researching a fit for a ship, or mining in hi-sec. I like doing missions. I even like planetary interaction...snoooozzzz. I kill rats in .5 space. And run through Null-sec. And I like to eat Cheeze-Its and drink beer while I'm at it.

You may have to go somewhere else. I'm not saying you couldn't get into the groove, but Eve, at lease in my 10 years of playing it, is hard to sit down and go at it without something akin to a plan. Even if it is only to go out an mine Veldspar while your half-asleep.

I hope you can find the mood, but don't stress about it. Life's too short

Abide

Sasha Nemtsov
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#7 - 2017-03-16 17:15:20 UTC
Of course, you are not the same person you were when EVE gripped you the first time 'round; so it isn't surprising that you're failing to recapture that feeling.

There's been some solid advice given so far, so perhaps I can add a bit more. Stop trying to manufacture a feeling that has passed; you will not succeed, and may instead sink into bitterness. Playing the game would become a chore - but one which would drag you back again and again. I doubt you'd enjoy that.

Seek instead to play the game in a way which suits you as you are now; more or less as Ranzabar wisely suggested (I've got a few years on him, so I should know Lol).

You may not feel as excited as you did before, but once you stop wanting to be excited, you may leave space for other, equally enjoyable feelings to take the place of that intensity.

Because EVE has changed too, and it would be unusual for 2 entities which had undergone change to relate to one another in exactly the same way as they did. That's how I see it, anyway.

You may decide that, actually, you've moved beyond EVE. Face that, if it happens, and act on it as soon as you can!
Saltine
Moosearmy
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#8 - 2017-03-18 07:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Saltine
Brother...I hear you, played since 2004, joined J.H.E.N.R Corp, and F.I.X alliance..best damn fighting force in EVE. Space felt..distant and Big, it took time to move a fleet, or build a carrier, hell it took weeks of ratting to buy battleship.

EVE is now all about the quick f@ck...the dev's have given in to the casual players

Atleast that's how it feels to me each time I come back...shallow and empty, there is no significance to any loss, regardless of size or magnitude.

There are no consequences for your choices or actions anymore
Azalyn Akiga
Doomheim
#9 - 2017-03-30 19:50:06 UTC
Sorry for a late late reply been just relaxing play console games got so fed up with mmos and what not but thanks for several good advises.

I made a totally brand new char and taught I will see where it gets me try to make new experience and see if I can find some people to hang with.

My problem is I hate solo play and being unemployed and not having more than 1 friend a GF and a kid I need the social part of a mmo and I rely love sci-fi (Thanks to macross and legend of the galactic heroes )sadly EVE is the only best one out there sure Star trek online has allot of nice story missions that are fun but lacks the freedom and the diversity of ships eve offers. other sci-fi games are more call of duty esk or moba esk than a sandbox game.
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#10 - 2017-03-31 07:58:39 UTC  |  Edited by: AlleyKat
As I type this, there are 200 viewers on Twitch for EVE Online, and 10 Broadcasters:

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/EVE%20Online

This, is a pretty dire situation as EVE Online does not appear relevant to current gamers out there which has led to a lack of 'fresh' gamers, willing to go balls-to-the-walls in New Eden. This lends credence to your 'feeling' of playing the game, that it lacks that sense of gaming; where everything is fun and there is urgency and drive in something new.

It's not new any more and feels old, is what I am hearing from you.

There is no solution, because there is no problem to solve.

When we arrive at a new frontier, we can't wait to till the land and plough the earth - after several harvests, we want to move onto new frontiers.

What was once the deepest sandbox with the greatest tools and a niche community, has become a sandbox one grain deep and thousands of miles across. A few kids have scooped up their little corners here and there and have formed gangs to protect their little mounds of insignificance. A few have collected what little dregs of dust nearer the middle, and everyone's alter-egos are in the centre, wasting the free sand and blowing into the winds of time eternal, with care-free abandonment.

Ten years ago, EVE-Online would have had 250,000 viewers on Twitch, with sponsorships from Intel, nVidia, AMD, Ferrari and Ben & Jerrys.

Gamers have moved on. Even staff have moved onto other companies to work on MOBA's and Hearthstone clones. Even me, with a free account has practically zero interest in taking part in EVE online (you've caught me post morning coffee). For context, I created 30 ish tutorials for video editors ten years ago, have worked for CCP on contract and in my personal time have written an entire animated trilogy in-character (AlleyKat wrote the trilogy not me) and would probably still love to get involved in producing it in Unreal Engine Sequencer. The animation tools in that are incredibly good, btw.

Yet, I doubt any effort from myself or any other gamer or more importantly, content creators; would do anything to the dimensions of the sandbox or quantity and/or quality of the sand contained within its hallowed borders.

This space for rent.

Nicola Romanoff
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2017-03-31 09:53:22 UTC
I think the very act of you posting here means that you do not actually want to quit the game otherwise you could just lot out and uninstall the gam never to log in again.

I have been in game since dec 2010, generally (apart from a little while when starting the game) I have been in a corp, some good, some not so good and I have been in the same boat as you, on occasion I find eve incredibly boring and want to walk away, only I can't

I have just left my last corp and created my own, i am going to see what I can do with that, I did it because i was fed up of going from corp to corp and eventually feeling unsatisfied.

Try thinking outside the box and try something a bit different

1: maybe create you own corp doing something you like.

2: If you do exploration fit up a ship and head out to low, null or WH space and do data/relic sites until the hold is full then try and get back to sell it, safe log off in a different system every night.

3: challenge yourslef by keeping a set amount in your wallet (say 2m isk), tke one ship and head out somewhere surviving only on what you scavenge and kill in missions, anoms etc

Ultimately though the choice is yours and if you do leave I believe it is customary to say "can I have your stuff" :)
Ranzabar
Golden Ratio One Six One
#12 - 2017-03-31 23:55:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranzabar
Nicola Romanoff wrote:
I think the very act of you posting here means that you do not actually want to quit the game otherwise you could just log out and uninstall the game never to log in again.


This is pretty accurate. If you didn't have an interest in Eve, you probably wouldn't be here. But there is a rub. You have to go in to the game and play from time to time.

In the missive about Eve that Kelly Bergstrom of York University in Canada wrote "It is also known that this is a game where player churn is high: many will play the game on a trial basis, but at least 30% will quit within their first month of play, and 70% of players will quit within their first year of play (Feng, Brandt, & Saha, 2007, p. 22)."

So its a challenge to keep the experience interesting. And the numbers prove that out. Not because it isn't a tremendous game, but in many respects because it IS a tremendous game. It's hard. It's frustrating. It's infuriating, and it's fascinating all at once.

My point being, CCP knows this isn't for everyone. In fact, its been demonstrated that the very nature of the Aura training process is intended to make it necessary to go outside the game for help. And if that puts you off, you'll be one of the 70% above.

The game is special. You have to wrap your head around that.

Or hit yourself in the head with an Eve-shaped baseball bat like I do occasionally. That keeps it fresh.

Abide

Azalyn Akiga
Doomheim
#13 - 2017-04-01 08:52:51 UTC
Ranzabar wrote:
Nicola Romanoff wrote:
I think the very act of you posting here means that you do not actually want to quit the game otherwise you could just log out and uninstall the game never to log in again.


This is pretty accurate. If you didn't have an interest in Eve, you probably wouldn't be here. But there is a rub. You have to go in to the game and play from time to time.

In the missive about Eve that Kelly Bergstrom of York University in Canada wrote "It is also known that this is a game where player churn is high: many will play the game on a trial basis, but at least 30% will quit within their first month of play, and 70% of players will quit within their first year of play (Feng, Brandt, & Saha, 2007, p. 22)."

So its a challenge to keep the experience interesting. And the numbers prove that out. Not because it isn't a tremendous game, but in many respects because it IS a tremendous game. It's hard. It's frustrating. It's infuriating, and it's fascinating all at once.

My point being, CCP knows this isn't for everyone. In fact, its been demonstrated that the very nature of the Aura training process is intended to make it necessary to go outside the game for help. And if that puts you off, you'll be one of the 70% above.

The game is special. You have to wrap your head around that.

Or hit yourself in the head with an Eve-shaped baseball bat like I do occasionally. That keeps it fresh.



Yeah there is a rub I mean I played eve on and off sense 2007 but now my last break has lasted 1.5 year this time instead of 3-4 months but there are to big reason I think making me not rely wanna play that playing solo and and a thing that happens last time I played something happen with my right eye not sure it was because I was rely rely exhausted and stressed out or if it was migraine or the game. But im afraid it will happen again even if it has been 1.5 and a half and I played tons of other games with out problem.