These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Industry Job Deliveries Hang....

Author
Ronin Gabe
Out Of The Office
#1 - 2017-02-14 07:46:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronin Gabe
Here's an issue that'll be sure to take a while to fix, and give upper management yet another reason to argue against spending time on making UI improvements...

When running a production job, your delivery of that completed job gets stuck if you make a mistake concerning output location, and a storage size issue exists.

A specific example: I built a thorax today, to use as my base for a Phobos. In the latest incarnation of industry, you are able to choose an input location for the job, to go fetch your mats, and an output location, where the completed item is delivered to. IF the storage capacity is smaller than the packaged size of the item, delivery fails, and the job won't complete.

In this case, it tried to deliver (unintentionally, by not picking a different location from the pulldown) the thorax hull to a small can I use to store blueprints. (I manage everything with cans, station warehouses, etc...) Since the size of the can was only 120m3, the job refused to deliver/complete, since the packaged thorax hull is clearly much larger than the storage location it was being directed to deliver the hull to. It doesn't see this error as something to deal with by just picking another location, it just hangs.

There's no way that I'm aware of to go in and change the delivery location AFTER the job has been started. The only way I was able to workaround this was to empty the can it was trying to deliver the hull to, and repackage it. At that point, the client no longer 'sees' it as a valid storage location, and delivers the item into the base 'items' or 'ships' tab, whichever applies.
Marakieae
Keksmanufaktur
#2 - 2017-02-14 21:39:45 UTC
I got the same problem. But it gets nearly impossible to solve, when using audit log conti. Lets wait 3 weeks, yeay!