These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Lowsec or Pirate Trade Hubs?

Author
Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#1 - 2017-02-08 19:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximillian Bonaparte
With the advent of citadels this might change.

But just wondering, are there any current pirate trade hubs comparable or close to the supply offered by Hek, Dodixie, or Rens.

Have there ever been (to your knowledge) lowesec stations that have come close to this kind of supply?
Were such trade hubs a success or failure? What where the challenges?

I ask because for many players who do not have really good trade alts going pirate is very difficult...acess to a lwosec trade hub might fix this.

And so far I have not seen any, certainly not Amamake (there is no one station) and Tama might have been although I haven't gone to check it out lately.
Zaha Koto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2017-02-08 19:13:47 UTC
Maximillian Bonaparte wrote:
With the advent of citadels this might change.

But just wondering, are there any current pirate trade hubs comparable or close to the supply offered by Hek, Dodixie, or Rens.

Have there ever been (to your knowledge) lowesec stations that have come close to this kind of supply?
Were such trade hubs a success or failure? What where the challenges?

I ask because for many players who do not have really good trade alts going pirate is very difficult...acess to a lwosec trade hub might fix this.

And so far I have not seen any, certainly not Amamake (there is no one station) and Tama might have been although I haven't gone to check it out lately.


Pirates generally use the the nearest hubs to their base of operations.

Piracy generally doesn't lend itself to trading.
Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#3 - 2017-02-09 01:42:03 UTC
Other opinions, jsut wondering if its been done in lowsec to a huge scale?

Also a moderator feel free to move this over to market discussion - it could be the folks in here dont follow the market much! :P
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#4 - 2017-02-09 04:15:05 UTC
Once upon a time in 2013 when brave were in lowsec their home station was about as close as you would come to a lowsec hub of trade. In the past I have seen attempts at creating a market in Auga, Old Man Star and some system in Black Rise that I can't remember it's name. The problem is a lack of steady reliable business and if it starts to get used much alpha ships setup shop outside

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#5 - 2017-02-13 19:01:34 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
The problem is a lack of steady reliable business and if it starts to get used much alpha ships setup shop outside

Pretty much this. You'll have an exceedingly hard time setting up a trade hub anywhere there isn't enough security for shipping to get to/from the station relatively unmolested.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#6 - 2017-02-13 19:20:43 UTC
Yes Ive had some time to think this through and get some feedback from folks who have already done this before.

It IS doable but ofc the reason tradehubs in eve are what they are is due to their location and natural advantages - they do not need any one person or group of persons to maintain.

With a lowsec trade depot someone (or group) has to maintain it; continue bringing stuff in to sell.

The lowsec metropolis region near Hek needs an injection of traffic - just putting that out there.

Also I was told that if a citadel with trade stuff gets popped the items go to the nearest station?

Something liek a Fortizar would solve the problem of alpha ships camping the station...which open up a whole new level of challenges and content :P

Another option if doable, is to put an Astrahus inline with the instawarp from the station undock -- immediately tethered unless there is some freak problem like lag.

I have identified a lowsec system that is really huge (making it more difficult to d-scan ships) and jump freighter range of Jita, Evati, and Dodixie...it isn't MY base but wouldnt mind going there to restock.
I may have to start a little bit of this on my own, but if anyone wants to coordinate with me feel free to message me about the location.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#7 - 2017-02-13 19:25:29 UTC
If you're looking to do business in LS, the first LS jump in from HS is a great place to sell small m3 items. There was a time where I used to make a killing selling implants in the '1 jump in' npc stations. Find small stuff and sell it.

If you want to sell larger things - ships and what not, the best bet is to make friends with some of the larger LS groups and offer to set something up via JF for them. The downside is most of the larger groups handle this internally and won't be interested. The game is 10 years old, if there were any ultra lucrative options - they would be up and running.

I don't think a player station is the way to go. A lot of times in LS sand castles get smashed just because they are there. As has been pointed out, any success you have will be tempered in kind w/ opportunists.

The best angle I can think of as far as larger volumes would be the next time a large wh entity gets wonked. The norm is to respawn somewhere in LS (Syndicate more often than not). When they get ousted, find out where the respawn system is and figure it out from there. It won't be permanent, but that seems like you could do volume for a bit anyway. JF required!

If only CCP didn't succumb to asset safety pressure and enable the space magic fueled teleportation of good when player stations are burned down. Their pandering to the risk averse took away a lot of market opportunities.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#8 - 2017-02-13 19:48:19 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Otherwise good post not about giving me my Thanatos

One huge benefit to a LS tradehub would be a consolidated place to buy/sell/trade capital ships.

Like the one you owe me. Twisted

Unfortunately, this is also precisely why it would be difficult to set up: it'd be a hugely target-rich environment.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Mike Adoulin
Adolescent Radioactive Pirate Hamsters
CODE.
#9 - 2017-02-14 00:11:19 UTC
Meh.

Never happen because SOME PEOPLE just can't resist cynoing in a supercarrier to blow everything up.

Meh.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Valkin Mordirc
#10 - 2017-02-14 00:29:39 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Otherwise good post not about giving me my Thanatos

One huge benefit to a LS tradehub would be a consolidated place to buy/sell/trade capital ships.

Like the one you owe me. Twisted

Unfortunately, this is also precisely why it would be difficult to set up: it'd be a hugely target-rich environment.


I was under the impression that that Serendipity owed you a tranny.
#DeleteTheWeak
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#11 - 2017-02-14 00:50:16 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Otherwise good post not about giving me my Thanatos

One huge benefit to a LS tradehub would be a consolidated place to buy/sell/trade capital ships.

Like the one you owe me. Twisted

Unfortunately, this is also precisely why it would be difficult to set up: it'd be a hugely target-rich environment.

There actually is or was a spot for just this (lowsec capials not trannies that are owed)

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#12 - 2017-02-14 12:09:59 UTC
OP, what is it you want to do exactly? We're poking around generally, but you could help us help you.


Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2017-02-14 12:36:21 UTC
There's the Maila keepstar where people sell their supercapitals apparently.
Just add other stuff to sell there and voila lowsec market hub created? Lol
Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#14 - 2017-02-14 13:42:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximillian Bonaparte
Serendipity Lost wrote:
OP, what is it you want to do exactly? We're poking around generally, but you could help us help you.




Hi there!

Well what I would like specifically is a concordant of traders, pvp-ers, and pirates to reinvigorate a lowsec system in Metropolis with modules, ships, and stuff as an alternative to going to Hek.

Once the system is decided upon (Resbroko looks ideal imho) we setup an intel channel to look out for gate camps so that the traders can use something other than a covops hauler (if no jump freighter is available).

Also to coordinate special orders for ships; a circle of reliable indies we will take orders - and we can get some ships plus modules from them.

For example right now I would like 6 Exequors for a specific fit plus modules delivered to our homebase in Evati by Saturday, and no one on my end has time to do it.

This might even flourish into a big operation if you specialzie in a particular area from manufacturing, special orders, and trading, form some kind of alliance that specializes in that area and attend to the locals' needs. :)
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#15 - 2017-02-14 16:08:52 UTC
Black Frog I think does this, just a different approach.

As has been said, any success will bring eventual failure. Eve isn't a place where you can build a thriving market in any area where supers can by cyno'd in on a lul. How many light years is Resbroko from Amamake? If it's w/in 2 cyno jumps - you're idea isn't the best.

You're better off just making a friend that hauls that can take care of your needs and be done with it like everyone else.
Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#16 - 2017-02-14 18:49:12 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Black Frog I think does this, just a different approach.

As has been said, any success will bring eventual failure. Eve isn't a place where you can build a thriving market in any area where supers can by cyno'd in on a lul. How many light years is Resbroko from Amamake? If it's w/in 2 cyno jumps - you're idea isn't the best.

You're better off just making a friend that hauls that can take care of your needs and be done with it like everyone else.


I mean this is not relevant unless there is a structure to be bashed.
Really the bigger problem is camps on the station.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#17 - 2017-02-14 19:34:34 UTC
Maximillian Bonaparte wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Black Frog I think does this, just a different approach.

As has been said, any success will bring eventual failure. Eve isn't a place where you can build a thriving market in any area where supers can by cyno'd in on a lul. How many light years is Resbroko from Amamake? If it's w/in 2 cyno jumps - you're idea isn't the best.

You're better off just making a friend that hauls that can take care of your needs and be done with it like everyone else.


I mean this is not relevant unless there is a structure to be bashed.
Really the bigger problem is camps on the station.

Try to break the camp and suddenly supers I think is where that was going

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Maximillian Bonaparte
Interstellar Booty Hunters
Knights of Triglav
#18 - 2017-02-15 01:53:14 UTC
Well if RL history is an indicator in a lawless arena such endeavors, although profitable and exciting for a time, do not last. :)

Port Royale, Nassau Bahamas, Tortuga...wait was tortuga a real pirate trading post? hahaha

Anyways; yeh it wont last. It doesnt matter. Content is king!
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#19 - 2017-02-15 06:54:36 UTC
Someone in Basgerin has set up an attempt at a trade hub, named Tortuga.

It is not working particularly well for them, I am often purchasing things there - even things in high demand outside highsec like capital modules - and am having them moved to Dodixie or Jita for profitable resale.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Mike Adoulin
Adolescent Radioactive Pirate Hamsters
CODE.
#20 - 2017-02-15 14:28:23 UTC
I thought Thera was supposed to be the trade hub for thugs and villainy?

Aside from Jita, of course.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

12Next page