These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lillik Eoner for CSMXII—Women For W-space!

Author
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-02-08 18:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Lillik Eoner
Lillik E here,

Announcing my candidacy for CSMXII!

Who:

I've been playing EVE Online since 2010, have taken several breaks, then restarted in 2013 and have continuously played since. I was a member of Eve University for almost a year; participating and helping in their various “campuses”. This is where I caught the W-space bug. After a few false starts, I settled permanently in W-space, living in both Low and High-Class holes.

Why:

In my almost four years playing, I've noticed a perpetual stagnation of female players. Whether this is caused by lack of interest, some stigma, or something more basic, is unknown to me. I do know this game is enjoyable on many levels, and could be enjoyed by anyone with the slightest of interest.

I've also noticed that there is a definite lack of female players in W-space. Whether by chance or by choice is also unknown. As a female gamer, I don't see any space as particularly “better or worse”, though I have my obvious bias.

How:

My goals are twofold:

Help bringing more female players to know, appreciate, and love all that is EVE Online.

Help bringing more new (and not so new) female players to know, appreciate, and love W-space.

My goals will include outreach, and whatever tools CCP will allow. This will be determined at a later date.

What's so great about this:

Bringing in more players, obviously. That they're female players would be a nice balance, too. Honestly, I'm not here to re-invent the wheel, nor stand on some feminist soap box. This is my little way of taking a great game and making it greater!

Conclusion:

Do I have a chance of succeeding here. Pretty slim. After all, this is a popularity contest, and I'm a relative unknown. But I'm trying anyway. EVE Online is worth it. New Eden is worth it. You're all worth it.

Let's do this!

Update: It's official! Lillik E is on the ballot. Let's bring our female friends to the awesome world that is EVE. W-space awaits them!
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2017-02-08 18:49:51 UTC
***reserved***
Emmaline Fera
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
#3 - 2017-02-09 13:40:01 UTC
Hi Lilik!

It's good to see another w-space candidate.

I will note that I'm not sure you have a solid grip on the number of women players in w-space, nor the ability to estimate the population over time. And, ultimately, I don't think it matters. Women, Men, Unicorns -- who cares? As long as we have people who enjoy the game, and contribute to New Eden in some fashion, EVE will be fine.

While getting more people into the game is key, choosing to focus on women is too thin a platform, and will set you up to be easily dismissed. Surely, there are wormhole centric issues on which to build a platform, yes? Or to focus on specific aspects of the game which can be intimidating, or confusing, to new players?

I wish you the best of luck!
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-02-09 13:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Soel Reit
lovely!

i would make all csm woman only(good looking one if possible)! you'll see then how the number of players will grow esponentially!

never understimate a woman and her power boiz (specially on nerds) Blink
Rashar Arji
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#5 - 2017-02-10 17:55:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Rashar Arji
Soel Reit wrote:
lovely!

i would make all csm woman only(good looking one if possible)! you'll see then how the number of players will grow esponentially!

Don't vote with what's in your pants...
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2017-02-10 18:36:12 UTC
Rashar Arji wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
lovely!

Exactly.
Capri Sun KraftFoods
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#7 - 2017-02-10 19:54:18 UTC
As a CSM member, what changes do you feel you could make if any to encourage more female EVE players?
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-02-10 20:12:50 UTC
Lillik Eoner wrote:
Rashar Arji wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
lovely!

Exactly.

i don't vote at all!
but some good advertisement is always welcome!
CSM is useless anyway, and people on CSM do their own business! like normal politic, nothing different Roll
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-02-10 22:20:00 UTC
Capri Sun KraftFoods wrote:
As a CSM member, what changes do you feel you could make if any to encourage more female EVE players?

Right now, the best tool at my disposal is word-of-mouth. Without CCP's implicit/explicit consent, that's really all I have. Not that w-o-m is a bad thing; many grassroots campaigns began that way. Ultimately, this is CCP's baby. I'm just a nursemaid. If I do make the cut, then I'll have CCP's ear to whisper sweet nothings in to. Big smile

This is really about marketing, and whether CCP feels changes to their plan warrant the expense. Sometimes, the best plan is none at all.
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2017-03-01 00:28:15 UTC
VOTE LILLIK E FOR CSMXII!

Let's gender balance EVE Online and W-space!
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2017-03-02 10:49:46 UTC
Hello,

My question - what is your viewpoint regarding Faction standings and as a CSM member, what changes will you propose to CCP pertaining to game mechanics for Faction standings ?

Good luck to you in the upcoming CSM election.

DMC
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2017-03-05 01:36:31 UTC
Lillik here, reminding you to vote Lillik E! Vote Women in W-space!
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2017-03-06 15:42:07 UTC
Vote Lillik E for CSMXII! We need your vote!
Cochise Chiricahua
The Inglourious Bastards
Astral Battles
#14 - 2017-03-08 16:54:28 UTC
07 Candidate!

First, thank you for your time and effort (both present and future) in representing the capsuleers of New Eden! They’re much appreciated.

I’m preparing to cast my vote in the CSM12 elections. After reading the information you submitted, though, I still have a question.

By way of background, I started in Eve as a hauler, moving freight in T1 industrials and gradually working my way up in both ships and cargo. However, I repeatedly found my progress impeded by gankers who would destroy my ship and steal my cargo. In low- and null-sec space, that’s to be expected. You place your bet and take your chances. In high-sec space, however, this is very frustrating. Why have high-sec space at all then? This frustration drove me into anti-ganking, and I’ve been a proud member of Thomas en Chasteaux's High-Sec Militia for several months now.

So, my question. Where do you stand on high-sec ganking? I’ll concede that ganking is a legitimate style of game play, as CCP has ruled. But I also feel that it should be difficult and dangerous (for the ganker) in the 30% of New Eden designated as high-sec space. In particular, I’d like to see CCP tweak the game mechanics so that the criminal flag generated by looting a ganked freighter in high-sec space follows all players who handle that loot, and otherwise make looting more realistic. (Thomas en Chasteaux's ideas, not mine.)

As a member of the CSM, would you present such an idea to CCP? Would you push for its adoption? What other game changes might you consider to make high-sec ganking more difficult and less profitable?

Regards,
Cochise Chiricahua.
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2017-03-08 23:47:25 UTC
EVE is a sandbox game. Expect to get dusty, in all secs. Every time you undock, you consent to PvP, including in Highsec. I have an alt in Red-Frog Freight. I know that one day, my hauler will be ganked. It's part of the game. Beyond this, I don't have an opinion whether Highsec gameplay or the Crimewatch system need to be adjusted.

Lillik
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2017-03-13 04:16:51 UTC
Vote Lillik E for CSMXII! Women For W-Space!
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2017-03-19 03:13:49 UTC
Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2017-03-25 01:04:25 UTC
Just a few days left!