These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sort Dragon for CSM XII

Author
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#1 - 2017-02-08 15:10:04 UTC
With this thread I submit to you the player base my intent to run for csm 12.

This would be my 3rd run for csm. I was a member of csm 8 and csm 10. I would like to say I had complete success on both my terms on csm but I will begrudgingly admit that I also had faults and failures. I would say this year is my chance to show that I am still good at what I know and still have the ability to share it with people on the csm and ccp and especially with you the players. I do not believe I deserve it just because I have been a csm before and run a coalition. I believe I should be elected for what I can bring to the table.

In game I run a moderately sized coalition called Guardians of the Galaxy, GOTG for short. We have also been referenced in the past as Dumpster Co (which I personally prefer but that is just me.) I am CEO of darkness alliance a former member of Stain Wagon and N3 coalition. I am famous for speaking my mind and not always being totally diplomatic, I am also famous or infamous for being a backstabber. I gave up not long ago trying to defend this because I came to the realisation that if that is how people see me then they are welcome to their opinions. I can be abrasive but to people in my coalition I am known to be open to talking to if and when needed.

On discord I run a server called the blue donut. In this server is content creators and fc’s and some leaders from all round the game I have spent a lot of the time in there to help connect both current csmers and past csmers with a voice direct to leaders and fcs in this game. During csm 10 I submitted 10s of pages of information direct from these people straight to ccp I would intend to do this again should I be reelected. Should I not be elected I will still aim to provide this same source of information and communication with whomever the player base elects.

What I stand for and what I believe in:

I am a strong advocate for 0.0 but during my time I have tried nearly everything there is in eve online. Mostly to success and some to horrible failures. I am a fierce advocate of new players entering the game and our closest ally is pandemic horde the biggest New player alliance in the game. A lot of people have asked why GOTG or darkness does not run an Alpha or newbro program and the answer is in 2 parts.
1) Because we would be **** at it.
2) Because we would prefer to send people to an ally and or someone who knows what they are doing than risk hurting them and running them from the game.

My platform.

After 3 years I am going to say the same thing I did on the last forum thread like this. I run on a platform of listening. I want to work with ccp to point out possible conflict points but also to provide answers and help towards bettering the game as a whole. I do not run to better myself. I have been at the top and bottom of this game I am using this time to give back to the player base.

Me as a person:

In my personal life I am married to a beautiful wife and have recently become a father to a beautiful baby boy. I have frequented multiple player meets and gotten to know hundreds of players and families of players. I may be considered by some to be an ******* in eve but when you get to know me it's known I don’t actually bite. I am more of a hugger.

This year is going to be a hard fought election I hope you consider me for the post. Thank you for reading.
Killah Bee
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#2 - 2017-02-08 15:34:53 UTC
Blue Donut #1 !
Tetsel
House Amamake
#3 - 2017-02-08 16:22:59 UTC
Giant Purple Dildo #1 !

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Aram Kachaturian
Aram Pleasure Hub Holding
#4 - 2017-02-08 16:27:38 UTC
Sort Dragon wrote:

Me as a person:

In my personal life I am married to a beautiful wife and have recently become a father to a beautiful baby boy.

Congratulations.

Take care of your baby boy instead of playing a video game about spaceships and circlejerking.

Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.

Tetsel
House Amamake
#5 - 2017-02-08 16:34:45 UTC
He should also do a gofundme campaign about this, being a father is expensive

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Resca Gogiko
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2017-02-08 18:20:47 UTC
I debated on making this post, as I'm not sure if it was worth my time. But anyways, here goes.

I wanted to clear up a couple of points you bring up, and hand wave because they're telling about you as a leader, and have weight on whether or not you'd be an effective CSM. This may come off as a personal attack, and I'll try to steer clear of that, I think however it's important for people to hear from the other side, as someone who's watched you closely in your various leadership positions you've had over the years.

First you bring up being a backstabber, or being known as one. I don't believe this to be true.

What is true is that you're erratic.

There is little consistency in your behavior and it takes very little for someone go to from friend to enemy. People see this as being a backstabber, but I think the actual issue is that you have no internal consistency in your actions, and simply react to whatever situation is in front of you without much forethought.

You bring up being abrasive. This is true, but this is also true of almost everyone. The issue is however that you don't apologize for your abrasiveness when given the opportunity to do so when you're in the wrong.

Running independent communication streams. You have what at this point, a dozen, maybe more channels that you're part of between skype, discord and others. This doesn't help your erratic nature, and as a coalition leader you've become increasingly isolated. These places are fine to have, but segregating yourself in them and them being echo chambers speaks poorly for your leadership capabilities.

RL you is a nice enough guy though the couple times we've met, and best wishes to you and the family.
Zomgnomnom
Contra Ratio
GameTheory
#7 - 2017-02-08 19:31:45 UTC
Hurray for Boss Dude.

+1
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2017-03-02 18:17:46 UTC
Hello,

My question - what is your viewpoint regarding Faction standings and as a CSM member, what changes would you propose to CCP pertaining to game mechanics for Faction standings ?

Good luck to you in the upcoming CSM election.

DMC
Cochise Chiricahua
The Inglourious Bastards
Astral Battles
#9 - 2017-03-08 20:11:30 UTC
07 Candidate!

First, thank you for your time and effort (both present and future) in representing the capsuleers of New Eden! They’re much appreciated.

I’m preparing to cast my vote in the CSM12 elections. After reading the information you submitted, though, I still have a question.

By way of background, I started in Eve as a hauler, moving freight in T1 industrials and gradually working my way up in both ships and cargo. However, I repeatedly found my progress impeded by gankers who would destroy my ship and steal my cargo. In low- and null-sec space, that’s to be expected. You place your bet and take your chances. In high-sec space, however, this is very frustrating. Why have high-sec space at all then? This frustration drove me into anti-ganking, and I’ve been a proud member of Thomas en Chasteaux's High-Sec Militia for several months now.

So, my question. Where do you stand on high-sec ganking? I’ll concede that ganking is a legitimate style of game play, as CCP has ruled. But I also feel that it should be difficult and dangerous (for the ganker) in the 30% of New Eden designated as high-sec space. In particular, I’d like to see CCP tweak the game mechanics so that the criminal flag generated by looting a ganked freighter in high-sec space follows all players who handle that loot, and otherwise make looting more realistic. (Thomas en Chasteaux's ideas, not mine.)

As a member of the CSM, would you present such an idea to CCP? Would you push for its adoption? What other game changes might you consider to make high-sec ganking more difficult and less profitable?

Regards,
Cochise Chiricahua.
Kaoraku Shayiskhun
Simple Designs
#10 - 2017-03-17 10:41:41 UTC
I think it is pretty clear what we should expect if vote on you, since you talk only about yourself, nothing straight info what you want to achieve in CSM, and you not answer at all to the questions. Some people will vote for you for sure, many lemmings play this game. But from what we can see now you will care only with those few, not US, the whole playerbase.