These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

[Bosena Accords] Teonusude Warclone Refuge Citadel

Author
Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#1 - 2017-01-09 05:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Galm Eskola-Fae
Today, the Bosena Accords has taken our first major step in Operation Avalon by establishing our first permanent foothold in space. Through great effort and massive personal expense from our signatories we have succeeded in extending our reach to the stars from the shattered and war-torn tribal nations below.

Situated in the nearby system of Teonsude along a well-traveled spaceline, the Bosena Accords Warclone Refuge will act as our staging area for our operations in Molden Heath as we continue our quest to reconnect with cut off and stranded mercenaries on distant planets, build up the warclone community, and bring law and order to Molden Heath. With two seperate space-superiority missile batteries, a full electronic warfare suite, a rapid-replication and manufacturing plant, a standalone Clone Reanimation Unit lab capable of producing legions of prefabricated warclones, a docking bay capable of servicing a flotilla of warbarges, and a massive fighter wing staff by some of the most seasoned veteran pilots of the pendulum war the Warclone Refuge stands as the first major hub where our kind can rally to in the hopes of building a better future. While it pales in comparison to the machinations of major empyrean alliances it will serve as a constant reminder of our existence in the face of CONCORD and every other major agency that, at one point or another, wished to see us eradicated.

The christening itself was rather unceremonious, with a handful of our most dedicated signatories and pilots sympathetic to our cause congregating together to haphazardly launch a cluster of nanites that would begin the process of assembling the superstructure to our citadel. So it came to be that as the process began and the structure started to form our kind crowded together on three small ships at the edge of civilized space drinking, singing songs, and reminiscing of battles passed and rivals long lost to history. In the absence of fireworks (I had a convoy sent for that exact reason, but it had been ganked by local thugs before arriving in system) and with the encouragement of liquor one of us came to the decision to fire off a volley of unguided rockets at each other to mark the event. Shortly thereafter, a CONCORD patrol arrive on scene to enforce punishment for the unsanctioned action. Though one of our ships was lost to their patrol for a brief shining moment we stood there laughing together joyously while, seemingly under police escort, our citadel was being born.

I, Galm Eskola-Fae, on behalf of The Bosena Accords wish to extend an invitation to all immortal infantry scattered across New Eden to join us here at the Warclone Refuge. Here, you will find sanctuary and a new family dedicated reunifying the mercenary community and returning us to our former glory. Here, you will find a place where all are welcome. A place that, if the Maker wills it, will continue to grow until the day that we can once again reclaim the planets where we once shed so much blood, this time as a single faction dedicated to the betterment of immortals everywhere. Here, you can live a life outside the constant cycle of death and destruction.

Welcome home, old friends.
Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-01-09 10:39:38 UTC
Interesting. Your original proposal appeared to be one of charitable intent, with the aim of providing a safe place for the reintegration of soldiers abandoned by their employers. Now that your citadel is online, your aims appear much more aggressive. Which rather explains why governmental agencies might be wary of you,

I'd be particularly interested in a further explanation of what precisely this claim means:

Quote:
a standalone Clone Reanimation Unit lab capable of producing legions of prefabricated warclones


Known citadel mechanics would indicate you actually mean you have installed cloning facilities for capsuleers. If you have indeed found a method for replicating "legions of prefabricated warclones", then one suspects CONCORD and quite a few other agencies will take a very direct interest in your existence.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Sarayu Wyvern
The Bosena Accords
#3 - 2017-01-09 13:42:07 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
Interesting. Your original proposal appeared to be one of charitable intent, with the aim of providing a safe place for the reintegration of soldiers abandoned by their employers. Now that your citadel is online, your aims appear much more aggressive. Which rather explains why governmental agencies might be wary of you,

I'd be particularly interested in a further explanation of what precisely this claim means:

Quote:
a standalone Clone Reanimation Unit lab capable of producing legions of prefabricated warclones


Known citadel mechanics would indicate you actually mean you have installed cloning facilities for capsuleers. If you have indeed found a method for replicating "legions of prefabricated warclones", then one suspects CONCORD and quite a few other agencies will take a very direct interest in your existence.

I'm afraid you're reading that the wrong way.

As our goal is to provide gainful employment for immortal soldiers in fields that benefit from their abilities, such as dangerous construction and rescue jobs, the need to replace the bodies they will inevitably lose in such endeavors is essential.

If for whatever reason we were attacked, we would respond in kind, but the ability to produce replacement clone bodies for those we're taking in is not for military purposes.

Alt of MidnightWyvern. (Mobius Wyvern in Dust 514)

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-01-09 14:21:52 UTC
Sarayu Wyvern wrote:

I'm afraid you're reading that the wrong way.

As our goal is to provide gainful employment for immortal soldiers in fields that benefit from their abilities, such as dangerous construction and rescue jobs, the need to replace the bodies they will inevitably lose in such endeavors is essential.

If for whatever reason we were attacked, we would respond in kind, but the ability to produce replacement clone bodies for those we're taking in is not for military purposes.


Very well. I might advise that your communications team think very carefully about the language they use in public pronouncements, as there will be a high level of mistrust about one-time mercenaries gathering in numbers.

Even without the recent intelligence about the creation of a 'zombie' horde, the wording used creates anxiety where, it appears, none was warranted. I would also recommend you consider implementing modern Health and Safety practices on your construction sites, since veteran mercenaries deserve to be treated better than being maimed and killed on a simple building site, even if they do clone.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Sarayu Wyvern
The Bosena Accords
#5 - 2017-01-09 15:37:13 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
Sarayu Wyvern wrote:

I'm afraid you're reading that the wrong way.

As our goal is to provide gainful employment for immortal soldiers in fields that benefit from their abilities, such as dangerous construction and rescue jobs, the need to replace the bodies they will inevitably lose in such endeavors is essential.

If for whatever reason we were attacked, we would respond in kind, but the ability to produce replacement clone bodies for those we're taking in is not for military purposes.


Very well. I might advise that your communications team think very carefully about the language they use in public pronouncements, as there will be a high level of mistrust about one-time mercenaries gathering in numbers.

Even without the recent intelligence about the creation of a 'zombie' horde, the wording used creates anxiety where, it appears, none was warranted. I would also recommend you consider implementing modern Health and Safety practices on your construction sites, since veteran mercenaries deserve to be treated better than being maimed and killed on a simple building site, even if they do clone.

That is of course the intention. My statement wasn't meant to suggest carelessness.

Alt of MidnightWyvern. (Mobius Wyvern in Dust 514)

Agiri Falken
Akagi Initiative
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2017-01-09 16:23:59 UTC
Interesting. I wish you lot the best of luck in the days to come.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2017-01-09 17:18:24 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
creation of a 'zombie' horde


I thought Gobbins said Horde was going to create 'zombeans'.... like 'ZOMG, these coffee beans are great'...

Was that not what that was?
Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-09 18:49:19 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
creation of a 'zombie' horde


I thought Gobbins said Horde was going to create 'zombeans'.... like 'ZOMG, these coffee beans are great'...

Was that not what that was?


Indeed. My understanding of the reports was that Horde was planning to utilise Caldari Alpha technology to mass produce clones - probably using the hapless poor as volunteers - as a rapid response fleet to overwhelm opposition to their 'accident insurance' project in the Perimeter zone.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#9 - 2017-01-09 19:45:13 UTC
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:

A place that, if the Maker wills it, will continue to grow until the day that we can once again reclaim the planets where we once shed so much blood, this time as a single faction dedicated to the betterment of immortals everywhere. Here, you can live a life outside the constant cycle of death and destruction.


The moment you state your attempt is to reclaim control of sovereign territory for your own betterment, you are perpetuating the violence that caused the purges in the first place.

You ignore the billions, trillions of baseliners in favor of mere thousands of Elysians.

You may cloak this in more laudable work, but to conclude on the note of conquest...? You betray your desires, soldier.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Nomistrav
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#10 - 2017-01-10 01:27:57 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:

A place that, if the Maker wills it, will continue to grow until the day that we can once again reclaim the planets where we once shed so much blood, this time as a single faction dedicated to the betterment of immortals everywhere. Here, you can live a life outside the constant cycle of death and destruction.


The moment you state your attempt is to reclaim control of sovereign territory for your own betterment, you are perpetuating the violence that caused the purges in the first place.

You ignore the billions, trillions of baseliners in favor of mere thousands of Elysians.

You may cloak this in more laudable work, but to conclude on the note of conquest...? You betray your desires, soldier.


The words are eloquently put, but the motive seeps through the articulation. On the surface, a simple man might confuse this as an attempt to consolidate and unify the immortal mercenaries for some global benefit, but I think the true intent is betrayed with the proclamation in their dedication 'to the betterment of immortals everywhere'. Over-arching and totalizing statements such as these are easily defeated by sheer nature of the diversity of immortals such as we, who bear notoriety and repertoire for destruction and death. How then can that be of any good, as to not be selective in these endeavors?

If I were one for violence or of maliciousness, I would have hired mercenaries to defy this establishment if but to let the irony of these words set in stone the premise.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#11 - 2017-01-10 02:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Galm Eskola-Fae
A few things.

Quote:

Known citadel mechanics would indicate you actually mean you have installed cloning facilities for capsuleers. If you have indeed found a method for replicating "legions of prefabricated warclones", then one suspects CONCORD and quite a few other agencies will take a very direct interest in your existence.


I'll address this first, as I believe the seperate accusation of the Accords being a militant faction is something that will tie into a larger point I want to make. The Warclone Refuge does, in fact, feature a fully operational cloning facility capable of producing high-grade clones typically reserved for Alpha and Omega state capsuleers. The level of detail and genetic fidelity required to produce these clones, much less the cost of materials and resources involved, can also make these systems act as clone vats capable of creating highly detailed "prime" clones for many of our immortal soldiers.

By comparison to these highly advanced systems, retrofitting them to produce warclones was child's play. For those of you unfamiliar with the process, as I'm sure most capsuleers are, warclones are often extremely simplified bodies stripped down to the bare essentials needed for bodily function without creating the mental disconnect that comes from existing in a foreign body. Bones are replaced with metallic alloys, blood is replaced with a synthetic substitute, and sinew is replaced with a nanite mesh. Often times physical characteristics are foregone in favor cheap, rapidly mass-produced sacks of biomass. Upshot is, they're extremely easy to produce to the point that they can be assembled in-theater by Clone Reanimation Units dropped planetside from low orbit.

Downside is we have a rather short shelf life. Our bodies degrade at an alarming rate, with several optimistic projections giving a soldier living inside a warclone as little as three years before death. That itself doesn't account for the numerous hazardous conditions we face on the battlefield or the carcinogens that we are exposed to on a near constant basis. From your position of privilege, I may see how the thought of us producing mass blank copies for immortal soldiers may make you feel uneasy. But you need to realise that while I and our signatories have the good fortune of building our future among the stars countless heroes are literally wasting away on the ground. Cut off, alone, incapable of receiving the logistical supplies they need or even the bodies they require to make sure they survive in the toxic hellscape they are currently stranded in.

These bodies aren't made for an invading army. They're made to be the vessels by which we can bring our heroes home.

Quote:
Very well. I might advise that your communications team think very carefully about the language they use in public pronouncements, as there will be a high level of mistrust about one-time mercenaries gathering in numbers.


With respect, while our kind have been prosecuted time and time again simply for doing combat with other immortals in limited engagement zones the capsuleer has been permitted to annihilate large swaths of baseliner populations across the cluster while wielding the power of a mad god. I'm willing to bet that as a member of Mercenary Coalition you've killed more people in the last month than I have in my lifetime career.

By comparison with the atrocities I've seen capsuleers commit, any fear and skepticism directed towards warclones is completely unfounded. In fact the outrage I am beginning to see at the announcement that we, a warclone organization, has succeeded in establishing a mundane outpost in comparison to the war machines built by capsuleers just goes to show me that many empyreans will view us with open contempt regardless of our actions. To that end, I hope you understand that the weapons loaded onto the citadel itself are meant only as defensive armament and as a deterrent to anyone that might see our congregation as an excellent opportunity to eradicate a large portion of the mercenary community all in one go.

In fact, I think you'll find that many of our assets previously dedicated to waging war on the ground have been (or are currently in the process of being) liquidated to fund all humanitarian aid we provide. The weapons defending the Warclone Refuge, or those absolutely necessary for conducting peacekeeping operations, being the obvious exception.
Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#12 - 2017-01-10 02:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Galm Eskola-Fae
Quote:

The moment you state your attempt is to reclaim control of sovereign territory for your own betterment, you are perpetuating the violence that caused the purges in the first place.


I will tell you outright now, I understand your concerns as well as those from Nomistrav. I can see how, from the limited information I have provided here this may look like a power grab by a warlord under the guise of providing order to the region. I can assure you, this is not the case for a variety of reasons.

For one, The Bosena Accords is not a formal corperation or alliance. Though a corporation has been created to manage basic operations of the core organization and to provide administrative control of the (politically neutral) citadel, the Accords itself takes the form of a council modeled off of local tribal customs where seperate individuals and mercenary clans are encouraged to participate equally for the sake of cooperation and maintaining a temporary cease-fire in this time of turmoil. The council where these seperate clans meet, called the Round Table, is considered a public forum where signatories are encouraged to propose resolutions or initiatives. However, Round Table members are not obliged to ratify these resolutions if they find themselves fundamentally opposed. When it was originally created, this was the most logical way of creating a fair system where mercenary clans of extremely different backgrounds could cooperate.

The system has since evolved into a slightly more organised system, due in no small part to following the precedent that wildly successful democratic organizations such as the Villore Assembly and the Republic Parliament have set. However, the diversity in thought and lack of a clear executive member remains an important part of its core philosophy. Though I formed the Bosena Accords, I am by no means in charge of it. Even if we were dedicated to the complete conquest of Molden Heath I simply don't believe we would ever be able to achieve it due to the countless differences in philosophy between the comprising clans and signatories.

It's inefficient by design. That way any and all action taken on our part would only be effective if carried out for the betterment of the warclone community, and indeed New Eden, as a whole.

Quote:
You ignore the billions, trillions of baseliners in favor of mere thousands of Elysians.


Heth's Purge was due in no small part to the massive animosity that baseliners had for immortal mercenaries. When tensions reached a boiling point, we were nearly wiped out. Therefore, it is in our best interest not only to provide for our kind (as all good soldiers should) but to work to gain the support of baseliners as well. I know I've spoken a length about the importance of looking out for "my kind" but please understand that this is synonymous with looking out for the cluster as a whole.

To that end, a large part of our operation is not only to provide jobs and support to soldiers in need, but also to provide humanitarian support to the local population and to help crack down on the warlords and various other immortal criminals-of-war that have been hiding out in the Heath. To that end, there is currently a plan in place to work not only with major capsuleer organizations such as the Villore Assembly and the ushra'khan but also working closely with diplomatic envoys in the DED, Sisters of EVE, and the Society of Conscious Thought to provide constant oversight and to act as neutral arbiters in any forthcoming trials.

Even if support from any of the major non-capsuleer factions is not outright provided, their input will largely be taken into account, and a reputable organisation will be asked to oversee our actions.
Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#13 - 2017-01-10 02:48:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Galm Eskola-Fae
Nomistrav wrote:

If I were one for violence or of maliciousness, I would have hired mercenaries to defy this establishment if but to let the irony of these words set in stone the premise.

Let me be clear here. While I encourage skepticism of our cause, I will not tolerate the thought of someone regressing our dream back further. You, sir, are in fact completely welcome to hire goons to stand in the way of progress.

And we are liable to mow them down.
Nomistrav
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#14 - 2017-01-10 03:00:35 UTC
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

If I were one for violence or of maliciousness, I would have hired mercenaries to defy this establishment if but to let the irony of these words set in stone the premise.

Let me be clear here. While I encourage skepticism of our cause, I will not tolerate the thought of someone regressing our dream back further. You, sir, are in fact completely welcome to hire goons to stand in the way of progress.

And we are liable to mow them down.


Sir Galm, understand that I am a pacifist by philosophy and nature, and I believe you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#15 - 2017-01-10 03:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Galm Eskola-Fae
Nomistrav wrote:
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

If I were one for violence or of maliciousness, I would have hired mercenaries to defy this establishment if but to let the irony of these words set in stone the premise.

Let me be clear here. While I encourage skepticism of our cause, I will not tolerate the thought of someone regressing our dream back further. You, sir, are in fact completely welcome to hire goons to stand in the way of progress.

And we are liable to mow them down.


Sir Galm, understand that I am a pacifist by philosophy and nature, and I believe you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

To clarify, I understood your point and I respect you and your beliefs. In fact, I carry a certain admiration for conscientious objectors. I just felt like my point needed to be made, so long as the occasion called for it.

If we continue to squabble over Molden Heath in our fractured clans, we will not endure. Nor will the people that call the region home. That is why this operation is so critical, and why I will not stand idle and let anything stand in our way.
Tyrukko Sakala
Guri Raiders
#16 - 2017-01-10 05:06:59 UTC
A worthy initiative if I've ever seen one. Maybe we should talk? I'm sure we can help eachother in someway or another.

Guri Raiders Pirate // Don't want to get your hands dirty? Drop a line.

Nomistrav
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#17 - 2017-01-10 07:43:33 UTC
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:
Galm Eskola-Fae wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

If I were one for violence or of maliciousness, I would have hired mercenaries to defy this establishment if but to let the irony of these words set in stone the premise.

Let me be clear here. While I encourage skepticism of our cause, I will not tolerate the thought of someone regressing our dream back further. You, sir, are in fact completely welcome to hire goons to stand in the way of progress.

And we are liable to mow them down.


Sir Galm, understand that I am a pacifist by philosophy and nature, and I believe you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

To clarify, I understood your point and I respect you and your beliefs. In fact, I carry a certain admiration for conscientious objectors. I just felt like my point needed to be made, so long as the occasion called for it.

If we continue to squabble over Molden Heath in our fractured clans, we will not endure. Nor will the people that call the region home. That is why this operation is so critical, and why I will not stand idle and let anything stand in our way.


Don't let your ambitions of unification fail the memory of the common man - those mortals beneath you. They are the reason we exist and thrive at all.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
#18 - 2017-01-11 00:12:02 UTC
Conquer everything in jump range of your home in my name, do so and you shall be blessed with a gift of cookies from I, Claudia Amelia Testarossa Wingate Lillithella Osyn MDCXXXIV, Goddess of the IGS! Burn the disbelievers and those that won't convert to the Cult of Claudia! *que evil pipe organ music* Muahahahaha!


No, really though, good luck with the thing and congrats on the station.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Matar Ronin
#19 - 2017-01-11 11:49:05 UTC
Pixy this will not end well for you.

Saw you fight in Shoashu Sasaanko, you were handy with that knife from your boot but it's a different arena here on the forum. Talking about reclaiming lands you bled for as a merc is just plain nonsense. You got paid to bleed as a merc, paid well unless you were stupid.

You are a capsuleer now, maybe just an alpha but a capsuleer, leave the past behind you and build a future among the stars.

Don't screw up your first impression chances Pixy, people around here have long memories.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Galm Eskola-Fae
The Bosena Accords
#20 - 2017-01-13 06:05:45 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Pixy this will not end well for you.

Saw you fight in Shoashu Sasaanko, you were handy with that knife from your boot but it's a different arena here on the forum. Talking about reclaiming lands you bled for as a merc is just plain nonsense. You got paid to bleed as a merc, paid well unless you were stupid.

You are a capsuleer now, maybe just an alpha but a capsuleer, leave the past behind you and build a future among the stars.

Don't screw up your first impression chances Pixy, people around here have long memories.

Shoashu Sasaanko was a long time ago. I'm not a pit-fighter anymore, nor a soldier or a conqueror. Seeing what happened to our kind during the Twenty One Gun Riots made me reevaluate what we are, how the cluster sees us, and what I can do to amend for some of the mistakes I've made in the past.

As I've made clear, the objective here isn't conquest for my own sake. Perhaps the imperials have sullied the term, but when I call for a reclaiming of Molden Heath I'm not calling for a widescale military invasion. I'm calling for a chance to return to the shattered planets we left behind to deliver our brothers-in-arms from fractured and squabbling clans to a joint, democratic organisation focused on improving both their lives, and those of everyone in New Eden.

Once these clones have been properly vetted, then we can begin on our reconstruction efforts to build up Molden Heath followed by a massive campaign to place these former clone soldiers in high-risk jobs that may prove lethal to mortals. Not only does this take one more gun off the battlefield and one more soul out of the mines, it also paves the way for the expansion of cloning technology away from military operations and into the civilian world. Those that chose to remain in the business of war, given a new base of operations at our Warclone Refuge, would then have massive incentive to willingly join the Bosena Accords so that they could be brought into the fold of a self-policing organisation that holds each other accountable for their actions.


I have seen so many people come forward attempting to claim that this organization poses a threat to the security of the common man. Granted, this post may have come across as militant. What you don't realise, however, was that this post was not made for the capsuleer. It was made, in fact, to entice any mercenary clans capable of receiving this message to rally to our cause. In reality this entire organization was built with the intention of purposefully demilitarizing the warclone (while respecting the rights of those who continue to call the battlefield home), limiting conflicts between mercenaries by offering a democratic setting for us to communicate, to attone for much of the damage our previous operations have caused, and to safeguard the livelihood of those otherwise threatened by our mere existence.
12Next page