These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

am i right in thinking nul stations will one day be phased out?

Author
benhicks
LEEROY INC.
The Ancients.
#1 - 2017-01-07 20:53:25 UTC
I think i read something a few months ago about nul stations being phased out and eventually removed.
Am I right or did I imagine it?

I can see it fits with the intro of citadels and the recent news on no more module things being able to be added.

Ive tried searching the dev threads but cant find anything.
Ilvari
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2017-01-07 21:13:17 UTC
They probably will one day unless they aren't.
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-01-07 21:18:09 UTC
CCP's eventual goal is phase out both POS towers and outposts. There is no definite timeline for either of those things happening.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Amanda Creire-Geng
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-01-07 21:38:09 UTC
It's already not possible to anchor any new outposts, and the same will likely apply to POS's a while after drilling platforms arrive. What will probably happen is indestructible structures like outposts will eventually be made vulnerable like citadels, letting the players do the phasing out via conflict
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#5 - 2017-01-07 21:40:16 UTC
Maybe they will also phase out highsec and lowsec citadels too

@lunettelulu7

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2017-01-07 21:43:01 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Maybe they will also phase out highsec and lowsec citadels too

Noooope.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#7 - 2017-01-07 22:01:12 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Maybe they will also phase out highsec and lowsec stations too

/Fixed
Blink

Remove standings and insurance.

Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-07 22:17:15 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Maybe they will also phase out highsec too

Fixed even better.
mkint
#9 - 2017-01-08 04:14:49 UTC
Just to be clear, null sec STATIONS are a thing that has nothing to do with outposts or POS. They exist mostly in NPC null and are owned by NPC factions. They are actually pretty important to the game, and I haven't seen any devs appear even remotely interested in touching them. Every mining barge for example ultimately started its life in a null station as a BP.

Nullsec conquerable stations I don't think I've seen any dev even remotely mention as part of citadels. There aren't very many. I wouldn't be surprised if they get some kind of update because they are kinda weird.

Outposts and POS, yes devs wanna get rid of them both. And last time any dev talked about citadels at all, it was made clear the plan is for the barrier of entry to be so high that small/medium groups are written off entirely. For the ultra-rich/mega-alliances only, even for the smallest ones.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#10 - 2017-01-08 04:44:13 UTC