These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Asteroid Belts

Author
Jack Rinox
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-01-06 19:06:38 UTC
Hi all,

I was wondering when an Asteroid Belts has been completely mined and thier is nothing lef how long does it take for them to respawn?
ACESsiggy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
#2 - 2017-01-06 19:15:05 UTC
Jack Rinox wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering when an Asteroid Belts has been completely mined and thier is nothing lef how long does it take for them to respawn?


For an Asteroid Belt it should be replenished after downtime I do believe. Anomalies on the other hand are different.

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

Bjorn Tyrson
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2017-01-06 19:56:56 UTC
If you are finding rhe belts are already depleted by the time you get to them. Then you should relocate. Means the system is over mined as it is already. Which also means it is a prime code hunting ground. Find a quieter system where you have the pick of the rocks. Ideally one with a citadel for compression. Trust me the extra jumps to a trade hub are worth it.
Sasha Nemtsov
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-01-06 20:11:19 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
If you are finding rhe belts are already depleted by the time you get to them. Then you should relocate. Means the system is over mined as it is already. Which also means it is a prime code hunting ground. Find a quieter system where you have the pick of the rocks. Ideally one with a citadel for compression. Trust me the extra jumps to a trade hub are worth it.


Hello Bjorn, just thought I'd jump in here and drop a word or two, since you mentioned a topic which is dear to my heart.

Any area which sees a lot of mining activity is likely to have been afflicted with the disease we in the New Order know as 'Bot-Aspirancy'. This occurs when human players behave like bots or aspire to do so, wiping whole systems clean of their ore as they gobble their way across Highsec. It's revolting, isn't it?

The New Order of Highsec and its member Alliance, CODE. is the foremost player entity in EVE Online engaged in fighting the bot-menace in Highsec.

I'm pleased you gave recognition to our efforts by advising the OP to move aside and allow us to continue our important work unmolested.

He'll benefit tremendously from your expert advice.
Jack Rinox
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-01-06 20:41:38 UTC
ACESsiggy wrote:
Jack Rinox wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering when an Asteroid Belts has been completely mined and thier is nothing lef how long does it take for them to respawn?


For an Asteroid Belt it should be replenished after downtime I do believe. Anomalies on the other hand are different.


ok thats good to know, thank you.
Jack Rinox
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-01-06 21:00:38 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
If you are finding rhe belts are already depleted by the time you get to them. Then you should relocate. Means the system is over mined as it is already. Which also means it is a prime code hunting ground. Find a quieter system where you have the pick of the rocks. Ideally one with a citadel for compression. Trust me the extra jumps to a trade hub are worth it.


Thanks for the tip this system I was in only had one asteroid belt so I have now jumped to the next system over and that has six ones so there should be plenty for me to marry for my objectives.
Bjorn Tyrson
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2017-01-06 21:08:24 UTC
Sasha Nemtsov wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
If you are finding rhe belts are already depleted by the time you get to them. Then you should relocate. Means the system is over mined as it is already. Which also means it is a prime code hunting ground. Find a quieter system where you have the pick of the rocks. Ideally one with a citadel for compression. Trust me the extra jumps to a trade hub are worth it.


Hello Bjorn, just thought I'd jump in here and drop a word or two, since you mentioned a topic which is dear to my heart.

Any area which sees a lot of mining activity is likely to have been afflicted with the disease we in the New Order know as 'Bot-Aspirancy'. This occurs when human players behave like bots or aspire to do so, wiping whole systems clean of their ore as they gobble their way across Highsec. It's revolting, isn't it?

The New Order of Highsec and its member Alliance, CODE. is the foremost player entity in EVE Online engaged in fighting the bot-menace in Highsec.

I'm pleased you gave recognition to our efforts by advising the OP to move aside and allow us to continue our important work unmolested.

He'll benefit tremendously from your expert advice.


Keep up the good work, as a former manufacturer of mining equipment myself there was a noticeable spike in profits after you guys began operations. keep those belts clean. your organization didn't exist back when I was a miner but goonswarm was still doing hulkageddon back then (is it still a thing?) and now, just like then, avoiding ganks is easy as long as you are paying even half attention to what is going on.

now if only you would expand your operations out into bot-null...
Sasha Nemtsov
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-01-06 21:43:15 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:


Keep up the good work, as a former manufacturer of mining equipment myself there was a noticeable spike in profits after you guys began operations. keep those belts clean. your organization didn't exist back when I was a miner but goonswarm was still doing hulkageddon back then (is it still a thing?) and now, just like then, avoiding ganks is easy as long as you are paying even half attention to what is going on.

now if only you would expand your operations out into bot-null...


Hulkageddon bit the dust after the Barge-Buffs, a long time ago. I've heard that Null is infested with the greedy and bloated of our player base. Alas, our operations take place exclusively in Highsec, though I suspect many of our members have Null/Low Alts or Mains.

Your advice about inhibiting ganks is spot-on, but unlikely to reach those who really need it, for at this moment they're also unlikely to be reading forum posts because of their affection for distractions like Netflix.

Nice post, Bjorn.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#9 - 2017-01-06 22:51:47 UTC
Dotlan

Use these maps based on region. When you select a region in the top right drop down you will be able to filter each region by a bunch of criteria, one of these is number of belts per system. Have fun hunting the ore whales!! But avoid the Moby Dicks, aka CODE, of this verse.Lol

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.