These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How to know if you can use a customs office?

Author
Beast of Revelations
Multiverse Trading
#1 - 2017-01-05 18:38:04 UTC
I have had issues where I build out a command center and factories on a planet, only to find that the customs office bans non-corporate members, or everyone, or whatever.

Is there any way to tell whether or not you can use a customs office just by clicking on it? I've done that, but haven't seen any way to get this information.

Thanks.
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2017-01-05 19:32:46 UTC
You could always fly up to it and try to use it.

You could also talk with the owners and see if they'll let you use it.

A signature :o

Beast of Revelations
Multiverse Trading
#3 - 2017-01-05 19:35:25 UTC
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
You could always fly up to it and try to use it.


Well how do I 'use it' without having planetary infrastructure down first?

Quote:
You could also talk with the owners and see if they'll let you use it.


Yes, thanks, but this is a different issue entirely. First it has to be determined if I can use it before I decide whether to try another place, talk to the owners, kill the POCO and put my own there, give up, etc.
Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2017-01-05 19:51:42 UTC
You can set a PI Structure even if the POCO locks you out. But instead of sending things through the POCO, you use a launch pad to send your goods to orbit. I'm not even sure if they can lock you out but rather set crazy taxes on you.

In this case, you're better off blowing the POCO to smitherins, or hire a mercenary corp to do it for you. After that, set your own POCO.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#5 - 2017-01-05 19:57:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Beast of Revelations wrote:
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
You could always fly up to it and try to use it.


Well how do I 'use it' without having planetary infrastructure down first?

Quote:
You could also talk with the owners and see if they'll let you use it.


Yes, thanks, but this is a different issue entirely. First it has to be determined if I can use it before I decide whether to try another place, talk to the owners, kill the POCO and put my own there, give up, etc.


I am assuming this is hisec, well just go to the POCO and if the tax is at 0% you cannot use it.

Yes they can lock you out.

And you are screwed if you want to import stuff.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Beast of Revelations
Multiverse Trading
#6 - 2017-01-05 19:57:45 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
You can set a PI Structure even if the POCO locks you out. But instead of sending things through the POCO, you use a launch pad to send your goods to orbit.


Yes, but I want to import stuff down to the surface.

Quote:
I'm not even sure if they can lock you out but rather set crazy taxes on you.


Yup, I'm 100% sure they can lock you out.
Amanda Creire-Geng
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-01-06 07:49:33 UTC
Beast of Revelations wrote:
Well how do I 'use it' without having planetary infrastructure down first?


Buy 1 unit of a random planetary commodity and put it in your cargohold. Fly to the customs office, try to place it inside. If you get denied access, then you know.
Beast of Revelations
Multiverse Trading
#8 - 2017-01-06 15:26:25 UTC
Amanda Creire-Geng wrote:

Buy 1 unit of a random planetary commodity and put it in your cargohold. Fly to the customs office, try to place it inside. If you get denied access, then you know.


If this is actually the procedure for knowing, it sorely needs to be updated.

Thanks.
Amanda Creire-Geng
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-01-06 15:37:32 UTC
Beast of Revelations wrote:
Amanda Creire-Geng wrote:

Buy 1 unit of a random planetary commodity and put it in your cargohold. Fly to the customs office, try to place it inside. If you get denied access, then you know.


If this is actually the procedure for knowing, it sorely needs to be updated.

Thanks.


There might be a more practical way, but that's the only one I know of.
Pandorium9
Pandorium Prime
The CodeX Alliance
#10 - 2017-01-07 15:02:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Pandorium9
I know if you fly to a customs office and right click on it and select "Access Customs Office", it will show you the tax rate.

I'm assuming, if you are not able to use it, it would tell you.

Edit: maybe if it shows a 0% tax rate, it either means you can't use it or someone is very nice. Lol