These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

In game fitting tool

Author
Melisa Zeal
Deaf Eaters
Shadow of xXDEATHXx
#1 - 2017-01-05 14:56:13 UTC
Is it worth it to still use EFT or Pyfa? Or does the in game work just as well?
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#2 - 2017-01-05 15:18:05 UTC
Depends what you need. I'm still using old EFT and lately Pyfa when not at home. Ingame toll is good, lacking of few things but usefull.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Melisa Zeal
Deaf Eaters
Shadow of xXDEATHXx
#3 - 2017-01-05 15:28:53 UTC
Well I'm mainly looking for DPS, Tank, and Tank vs certain damages. I'd like to input 50/50 EM/Therm and see what numbers I get. PWR GRD and Capacitor life also.
elitatwo
Dicker Quick and Hyde Defense Attorneys
O.U.Z.O. Alliance
#4 - 2017-01-05 16:26:20 UTC
Well I would say it depends on your preferences. The ingame simulator is good enough for showing you grid and cpu consumption and your resistances but I feel that no fitting can tell you how your tank is going to work out.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#5 - 2017-01-05 17:57:35 UTC
The in-game fitting simulator uses your skills. Other tools will let you adjust skills when playing with fits. A really nice feature with the in game tool is you can login to Singularity, multi-buy and actually fly the ship.

EFT appears to be abandoned - it hasn't been updated since last Spring.

PYFA is still an active project and is reasonably up to date - I'm not sure if they deal properly with Alpha restrictions in all situations yet.

I recommend a combination of the in game tool and PYFA.
Hargost
dangercoull enterprises
#6 - 2017-01-10 07:58:07 UTC
Do we know if the Devs have looked at adding damage (ammo) type to the fitting simulator? This would help when trying to simulate Tank with damage other that Omni (just about everything) This is why i still use pyfa.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#7 - 2017-01-11 09:25:09 UTC
The in-game simulator is not intended to replace 3rd party tools. It is a huge improvement over what we had before especially with the links to multi-buy and multi-fit. Makes life a lot easier for those who build doctrine ships for their alliance!