These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Where to sell produced ammunitions?

Author
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2017-01-03 23:13:04 UTC
Hello,

I'm kind of new to Eve and after exploration I am now looking into getting into the manufacturing business. several Youtube videos suggest starting with ammunitions, which makes sense.

I found this: http://eve.aeonoftime.com/index.php/2011/12/09/printable-npc-damage-types-cheat-sheet/

And also this: http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/VerxInteris/serpentis_are_weak.png

I am producing Mjolnir, Inferno and Scourge heavy missiles, as well as Medium Antimatter charges (because hey Gallente are cool).

Question is, where do I sell them? If I sell them at Jita/Dodixie I get like 100k profit off of 10k ammunitions, but where else do I find stations that move a lot of units?

I thought setting up sell orders in systems close to low-sec with the relevant missiles matched up to the relevant rats, but I have moved literally zero units in the past 2 days.

Agents seem to be bloody everywhere too, so i don't know if there are any popular agent hub stations that might want ammunition.

Help please. I have no idea where to find the information i'm looking for.
Evictus.
#2 - 2017-01-03 23:55:16 UTC
https://eve-central.com/ is a useful tool for your situation. A quick look shows that Scourge Heavy Missiles currently have a very narrow spread - 58.37 sell and 56.02 buy. Cost is around 46.50. Unfortunately buy orders in Citadels don't yet show up.

This isn't bad margin for T1 ammunition. but you can do better.

A small anti-em screen reinforcer rig costs around 25K to build and they are currently selling for 75K. You can double your money selling to buy orders in Jita for 54K

Use a tool like https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprint/ to look for profitable blueprints.
#3 - 2017-01-04 00:28:53 UTC
Hisec fw stations are a good market for ammo. T1 ammo is traded in fw lp store for faction ammo. You can profit from convenience by supplying ammo on the spot.

So supply rockets and missiles to caldari, hybrid to galente, autocanon to minmatar and crystals to amar. This is made easier by a limited number of hisec fw stations, im not familiar with all of them but i know that amar has only 2 stations and from what i hear caldari have only one
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2017-01-04 08:55:52 UTC
D'deridex Omerta wrote:
Hisec fw stations are a good market for ammo. T1 ammo is traded in fw lp store for faction ammo. You can profit from convenience by supplying ammo on the spot.

So supply rockets and missiles to caldari, hybrid to galente, autocanon to minmatar and crystals to amar. This is made easier by a limited number of hisec fw stations, im not familiar with all of them but i know that amar has only 2 stations and from what i hear caldari have only one


Thank you. But how would I go about finding these stations? Google doesn't seem to turn up much information on which systems have the relevant LP store...
Evictus.
#5 - 2017-01-04 14:57:12 UTC
NPC FW corporations:

Amarr: 24th Imperial Crusade
Caldari: State Protectorate
Gallente: Federal Defence Union
Minmatar: Tribal Liberation Force

Dotlan will show where they have stations. For example http://evemaps.dotlan.net/npc/State_Protectorate/stations

As far as I know, all the stations have LP stores.
#6 - 2017-01-04 17:07:53 UTC
Use dotlan and while looking at the (hisec) regions, set the map info layer (search,map info layer,available maps) into NPC kills(24 hours).

Now ingame, use the agent finder window to see what (high paying) agents are nearby/in the center of these high npc kills (mission agents usually send capsuleers out 1~2 jumps away).

Archiver, Software Developer and Data Slave

Current Project Status: What can I make with these minerals?

Caldari State
#7 - 2017-01-05 00:40:24 UTC
Another thing to consider is your target market. When I ran missions, I worked up to using faction and t2 ammo quickly as do many others. Your market isn't high end mission runners but lower level ones looking locally. Setup orders around starter systems. Look for stations that have level 1 or 2 security agents present. The orders may move slower but you can charge more.
#8 - 2017-01-06 20:45:09 UTC
Produce XL ammo and sell it in Amarr as the southern war is supplied from Amarr EFA.
Northern Coalition.
#9 - 2017-01-12 22:11:20 UTC
in highsec, producing ammo has always been a terrible idea. the margins are next to zero if you source your materials at a market hub and sell your ammo at the same place.

if you actually want to make money of ammunition, buy it directly at the markethub and sell it elsewhere.

if you want to make money from manufacturing, try a different product. small rigs have always been a solid starter project, the BPOs are cheap, the materials are easy to find and they sell really well.

Tactical Narcotics Team
#10 - 2017-01-13 07:33:03 UTC
Do Little wrote:
https://eve-central.com/ is a useful tool for your situation. A quick look shows that Scourge Heavy Missiles currently have a very narrow spread - 58.37 sell and 56.02 buy. Cost is around 46.50. Unfortunately buy orders in Citadels don't yet show up.

This isn't bad margin for T1 ammunition. but you can do better.

A small anti-em screen reinforcer rig costs around 25K to build and they are currently selling for 75K. You can double your money selling to buy orders in Jita for 54K

Use a tool like https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprint/ to look for profitable blueprints.


I bet you have the highest buy order 😃
#11 - 2017-01-17 19:46:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Kethas Protagonist
Gilbaron wrote:
if you want to make money from manufacturing, try a different product. small rigs have always been a solid starter project, the BPOs are cheap, the materials are easy to find and they sell really well.

Seconding this. Additionally, the BPOs research pretty quickly, and the margin is high enough that you can manufacture in an NPC station without hurting your profit much.

It might help to think about your overall business plan as separate businesses. For example, if your strategy is to:

  • manage a set of materials buy orders in Jita
  • haul materials nearby and manufacture ammo
  • haul the finished ammo to FW systems and sell there on sell orders

you're not really running one business, you're running three:

  1. station-trading in Jita (and the FW system)
  2. ammo manufacturing
  3. Jita --> FW hauling

That's fine, but if most of your profit comes from one of the three, maybe you should specialize in it and save time by dropping the other two. For example, if it turns out the most profitable part of that business is the high margin that FW players will pay for ammo, then maybe:

Gilbaron wrote:
if you actually want to make money of ammunition, buy it directly at the markethub and sell it elsewhere.
#12 - 2017-01-20 10:24:23 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Another thing to consider is your target market. When I ran missions, I worked up to using faction and t2 ammo quickly as do many others. Your market isn't high end mission runners but lower level ones looking locally.


I think the idea is not to sell the missiles to mission runners to use but rather for them to buy and "upgrade" to faction ammo in the LP store. There are some who do not produce their own t1 ammo for this.
Forum Jump