These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Getting Back Into It

Author
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
Inter-Planktonic Enterprises
#1 - 2017-01-03 17:13:52 UTC
Greetings!

So, I played EVE for the better part of two years ending back in 2015. I am sort of popping back on and poking around to see if I am going to get back into New Eden and fly around. Any one mind offering me a quick hits version of what has been happening lately to help me catch up?

I used to be in a Corp that apparently went to several wars and failed quite miserably. We were peaceful when I was on, so this is news to me. Nevertheless, I find myself stuck in Nulsec in a hostile Nyx Legion station. I am guessing the best option for me is to try and sell my ships (didn't even look to see if I can in a hostile station) and use my jump clone to get out of dodge and reboot, but I figured I'd see if anyone had any better ideas. I have a decent fleet (Including a procurer, dominix, and many others) but it was sort of built to remain here indefinitely, I didn't plan on the inactivity and subsequent dissolution of the corp I was in.

I am also tentatively seeing if any Corps might be looking for an industrial pilot to join their group. Tentatively, as I am still working some things out and deciding what to do. I enjoy being in Nulsec for the obvious potential with building and gathering (and I love to scavenge after the shooty explody types do their thing) and am not sure I could play the game with any dedication in Highsec on my own. So, yeah, I am tentatively in the market for a small-ish active Corporation, but we'd have to chat about it a bit.

I have discord, so hit me up in a private message if you want to chat. I'll drop you my name.

Oh and thanks in advance for any advice, you guys.

o7
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#2 - 2017-01-03 17:23:45 UTC
File a petition, CCP often will move a single ship for you if you're returning after a long break.
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#3 - 2017-01-03 17:37:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahdrin en Chasteaux
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
File a petition, CCP often will move a single ship for you if you're returning after a long break.

I have a fleet.

Noctis, Dominix, Procurer, Retriever, Iteron Mk. V, Miasmos, Kryos, Vexor, Epithal, Retriever
Bjorn Tyrson
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2017-01-03 17:52:46 UTC
Kahdrin en Chasteaux wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

I have a fleet.

Noctis, Dominix, Procurer, Retriever, Iteron Mk. V, Miasmos, Kryos, Vexor, Epithal, Retriever

Choose which one you want the most.

Other options rather than just selling them is to contact the Corp that now owns the station and see if they would be willing to help you get them out for a fee. Worst case they say no and you are in the same position you are now.
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#5 - 2017-01-03 17:59:01 UTC
I have reached out to Nyx Legion, we'll see if anyone responds, Bjorn.

As far as choosing a ship I want the most...

...GAH! I don't know. Obviously it isn't the Miasmos or Iteron, but man, I have had so much fun in all of those ships. I realize I could buy new versions if I have to, though.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#6 - 2017-01-03 18:00:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sonya Corvinus
I have a fleet.

They only move one, so load as much as you can into one ship and they will most likely move that. You'll have to sell the rest. You could pay black frog to move it for you, if you're willing to pay

http://black-frog.red-frog.org/jumps.php
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-01-03 18:02:49 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

I have a fleet.

See if black frog can move the stuff for you http://black-frog.red-frog.org/jumps.php
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#8 - 2017-01-03 18:08:10 UTC
Doesn't look like they'll pick up from my station, at least not from using their site. The Nyx Legion control the station. Might be a tad pricy, anyway.

I think I will try to see what I can repackage and fit into the hold of one of my ships. Beyond that, I guess I will just have to try and sell.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#9 - 2017-01-03 18:18:05 UTC
remember, you can set up contracts without being in the station, so you can always fly back out there in an interceptor and renew sell contracts even if you can't dock
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#10 - 2017-01-03 18:25:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#11 - 2017-01-03 18:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahdrin en Chasteaux
No one appears to be buying anything anywhere close at ALL. Hmm, selling ships is going to be a problem but I also seem to be having a problem with selling ANYTHING. Even things like Megacyte are selling for -98.9%. So I would sell my 731,000,000 worth of stuff from my inventory tab for a fraction of its worth in lieu of contracts. -sigh-

Looks like relocating in this game is WAY harder than I had anticipated. I definitely don't want to come back out here, I have multiple ships, and I have a lot of cargo I'd like to sell for halfway decent prices. Obviously, if Nyx Legion would respond I could find out if they want to buy my contracts of stuff or if I could work out some kind of deal for them to leave me alone while I cart my stuff elsewhere (which will take a lot of time). But they aren't responding...

...and to make matters worse I don't have the necessary isk on hand to pay for other players to try and move it for me. I have about 431mil in the bank.

I am definitely feeling like I am in a predicament here.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#12 - 2017-01-03 19:06:26 UTC
No one appears to be buying anything anywhere close at ALL. Hmm, selling ships is going to be a problem but I also seem to be having a problem with selling ANYTHING. Even things like Megacyte are selling for -98.9%. So I would sell my 731,000,000 worth of stuff from my inventory tab for a fraction of its worth in lieu of contracts. -sigh-

Looks like relocating in this game is WAY harder than I had anticipated. I definitely don't want to come back out here, I have multiple ships, and I have a lot of cargo I'd like to sell for halfway decent prices. Obviously, if Nyx Legion would respond I could find out if they want to buy my contracts of stuff or if I could work out some kind of deal for them to leave me alone while I cart my stuff elsewhere (which will take a lot of time). But they aren't responding...

...and to make matters worse I don't have the necessary isk on hand to pay for other players to try and move it for me. I have about 431mil in the bank.

I am definitely feeling like I am in a predicament here.

It will take a while. File the petition to have CCP move a ship, set up contracts for the others and jump clone out. Leave a clone in station and check back on your sell orders and contracts once/week. I haven't been in your situation in roughly a year, but I was able to jump clone into a hostile station provided I never undocked with that clone.
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#13 - 2017-01-03 19:19:04 UTC
I appreciate the advice, Sonya, but that is simply too much time. My play time is limited as is and I am not wealthy enough to just let all of my assets sit in a hostile station far away. I need to liquidate them or bring them with me. Paying 15 bucks a month for this game is only worth it to me if I can actually play the game.

Also I don't think it is possible to jump in and out. It is telling me that clones are deactivated for me in this station...
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#14 - 2017-01-03 19:32:23 UTC
I appreciate the advice, Sonya, but that is simply too much time. My play time is limited as is and I am not wealthy enough to just let all of my assets sit in a hostile station far away. I need to liquidate them or bring them with me. Paying 15 bucks a month for this game is only worth it to me if I can actually play the game.

Also I don't think it is possible to jump in and out. It is telling me that clones are deactivated for me in this station...

Understandable, It took me a good four months to sell everything at a decent price when this happened to me. I was able to jumpclone in and out, but that was a while ago, so they must have changed that.
Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#15 - 2017-01-03 19:47:51 UTC
I put in a ticket, we'll see what they are willing to do to help.

In the meantime, maybe I need to hop over to recruitment and see if there is a corp that wants me bad enough to help me move my stuff. I can't think of any way out of this by myself. I obviously can't fly my ships out one by one holding as much as they can carry. The station is hostile so jump cloning back in isn't an option, it seems. And the risk! My goodness. Talk about risking all of your wealth...
Bjorn Tyrson
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#16 - 2017-01-03 21:31:21 UTC
even if you do end up having to rebuild from scratch, just remember, you did it once when you didn't know jack **** about what you where doing. so there is no reason you can't do it again even faster. its also easier than ever for people to make ISK.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#17 - 2017-01-03 21:36:33 UTC
In the meantime I'd start a new character on a second or third slot and go through the tutorials. A lot has changed, and you can start training it into a scout/PI toon/etc. so it's not wasted training time
Antheria
Zunnta Corporation
League 0f Grumpy 0ld Farts
#18 - 2017-01-03 21:55:42 UTC
Have you thought of starting an alt & seeing if you can join the corp/alliance that controls the station. Works well if they have a JF service.
Ajem Hinken
WarFear Gaming
#19 - 2017-01-04 01:39:13 UTC
Buy a ton of shuttles. Worked well for me. Just fly a shuttle back and forth and sell when you grab a ship to take to the new location.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6875494#post6875494 - Ship mounted explosives. Because explosions and Jita chaos.

Kahdrin en Chasteaux
#20 - 2017-01-04 01:41:03 UTC
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Ultimately, I decided to just take what CCP would send me with and hope for the best. Maybe some day some of it will sell.

Or maybe someone else will eventually get the station and make it a good place to sell once again. Who knows.
12Next page