These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

M-O on Sat 10th Dec

First post
Author
PsiMin
Cylon Advance
The Rogue Consortium
#1 - 2016-12-05 20:17:15 UTC
I suspect everyone is waiting for the big battle to commence this Sat, is CCP going to do something to make the battle not such a lag fest, I was not able to be there but was watching and supporting it on Twitch

I felt sorry for the players as it much have been such an issue with the Ti-DI. Even the stream was like watching a HD movie on a 56k modem.

I hope CCP are doing something to overcome this as much as possible as it will make a great fight
SurrenderMonkey
Space Llama Industries
#2 - 2016-12-05 20:30:59 UTC
I doubt there's anything they can do, short of perhaps hardcapping the number of people in the system at a far lower value (super problematic in its own right).

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Kosomot
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-12-05 20:39:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kosomot
Fleet Fight Notification is about all that can be requested.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/fleet-fight/



Speaking of which, and I'm mostly stupid,

Is this the Keepstar take down?

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-12-05 21:50:09 UTC
What fight?
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-12-05 21:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Kosomot wrote:
Fleet Fight Notification is about all that can be requested.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/fleet-fight/



Speaking of which, and I'm mostly stupid,

Is this the Keepstar take down?

Yes, the final timer for the killmail (less likely to actually get one). I will probably not be there, was there the other 2 times were no killmail was generated.

I'm my own NPC alt.

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#6 - 2016-12-05 22:01:51 UTC
Fleet FIght Notifications are extremely helpful as the system uses them to auto reinforce the node for that system.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Solaris Ecladia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-12-05 23:05:44 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Fleet FIght Notifications are extremely helpful as the system uses them to auto reinforce the node for that system.

Given what happened in the armor timer, I would say you guys need to put that super jita node on it, and then toss it in a freezer.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#8 - 2016-12-05 23:07:20 UTC
Solaris Ecladia wrote:

Given what happened in the armor timer, I would say you guys need to put that super jita node on it, and then toss it in a freezer.

It's up to the parties involved to actually make a notification. So one assumes they have already if they intend to fight it.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#9 - 2016-12-05 23:23:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
What fight?

The final timer on the CO2 Keepstar in M-OEE8

4500 in system for the armor timer ( http://i.imgur.com/6uVn49t.jpg ).

The final timer is going to be about as fun as 100% TiDi gets. Should be even more videos and images than last weekend produced.
2Sonas1Cup
#10 - 2016-12-06 00:49:23 UTC
Not only 100% tidi but also 2 fps game play, enjoy this amazing game.

Not
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-12-06 09:09:51 UTC
Well... I believe that keepstar is already dead. It's only matter of time.
And i see no reason for anyone outside of PL/NC/CoT/friends to even be there. Unless being one of 10000 killmail whores on killmail is your 'win' Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Soel Reit
Dambusters 617 Sq
#12 - 2016-12-06 10:11:30 UTC
there won't be any killmail if this guy is on point Cool

https://blog.skyride.org/why-large-killmails-dont-generate/
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#13 - 2016-12-06 11:56:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Soel Reit wrote:
there won't be any killmail if this guy is on point Cool

https://blog.skyride.org/why-large-killmails-dont-generate/


I would be suprised if CCP did not work on this, having no killmail for this fight would be an epic fail, they sure got something in place to assure it will happen, like splitting up the information in the background and bringing it back together or just cutting off some part of the information (not the best solution but still) ... well we will see on saturday
Soel Reit
Dambusters 617 Sq
#14 - 2016-12-06 12:06:26 UTC
why would they?

it happened with the revenant event.
it happened with the first keepstar: shouldn't they already fixed it by then?

i'm positive it will happen again on saturday, but as you said we'll see.
2Sonas1Cup
#15 - 2016-12-06 13:28:59 UTC
Everyone ready and excited for 2 fps 150% tidi game play.

Yes.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#16 - 2016-12-06 14:08:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
Harry Forever wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
there won't be any killmail if this guy is on point Cool

https://blog.skyride.org/why-large-killmails-dont-generate/


I would be suprised if CCP did not work on this, having no killmail for this fight would be an epic fail, they sure got something in place to assure it will happen, like splitting up the information in the background and bringing it back together or just cutting off some part of the information (not the best solution but still) ... well we will see on saturday


maybe the killmails should be restricted to minimum damage because why should everyone in eve get a 600+bil killmail for firing 1 cycle of a civilian gun at a keepstar?

Anyway...goons are currently mid'ing 300+ super and titans +support and co2 have their whole superfleet ready for this engagement, and darkness is getting thrown to the chopping board once co2 die. just throwing that out there

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#17 - 2016-12-06 14:15:16 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Anyway...goons are currently mid'ing 300+ super and titans +support and co2 have their whole superfleet ready for this engagement, just throwing that out there

They'd have to find a good way to get logistics and booster pilots any recognition, though, or I could imagine many of them going on strike. Not that fewer logistics wouldn't be a good thing.
SurrenderMonkey
Space Llama Industries
#18 - 2016-12-06 14:28:11 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Anyway...goons are currently mid'ing 300+ super and titans +support and co2 have their whole superfleet ready for this engagement, just throwing that out there

They'd have to find a good way to get logistics and booster pilots any recognition, though, or I could imagine many of them going on strike. Not that fewer logistics wouldn't be a good thing.



I failed to whore on a single killmail flying logi last Sunday. Lol

Couldn't get a drone to obey for the life of me in all of that, and we were sniping near 150km off anyway.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#19 - 2016-12-06 14:28:59 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Anyway...goons are currently mid'ing 300+ super and titans +support and co2 have their whole superfleet ready for this engagement, just throwing that out there

They'd have to find a good way to get logistics and booster pilots any recognition, though, or I could imagine many of them going on strike. Not that fewer logistics wouldn't be a good thing.


boosters are usually alts so they shouldnt care, but this is the mentality, people just need to fire 1 of anything at something to be on a killmail, i think its stupid personally, they could cut so much dead weight from killmails by removing killmail-whores and would probably increase server performance by reducing the amount of killmail-whores from bothering to go to a system to do no work for a 600bil killmail.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-12-06 14:57:16 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Fleet FIght Notifications are extremely helpful as the system uses them to auto reinforce the node for that system.


Surely at this point CCP already has the system scheduled to be reinforced even if no-one requests it Roll

Other than that though, not much to do. Technology only goes so far and as CCP say themselves; they can keep upgrading the hardware but we'll just keep bringing more people. A few years ago we couldn't even have 4000 people in system without a hard cap or the node crashing. We've come a long way since then, but we keep pushing the limits.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

123Next page